May 2, 2016
Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner, and your local Volkswagen dealership of Gainesville wants to help you kick off the summer right. Lively events are coming to the Gainesville community so mark your calendars now because you do not want to miss out on good concerts, spectacular art galleries, and relaxing nature tours.
- The Florida Museum of Natural History welcomes you to learn about different butterflies, birds, and turtles on Saturday, May 28th at Butterfly Rainforest. While at the museum, you’ll get a chance to observe the natural habitats and feeding stations of butterflies, birds, and turtles and participate in the butterfly release. The fun will be taking place 10:00a.m.-5:00 p.m. and adult admission is $10.50 and $6.00 for kids.
- Enjoy a nice walk while learning about “The Devil’s Millhopper” Geological State Park. If you’re brave enough to go beyond Florida’s Buttonwood trees and into the 120 feet deep hole, known as “The Devil’s Millhopper,” you’ll be surprised to find a beautiful miniature rainforest. The ranger-led walk invites the curious to learn about fossil shark teeth and fossil remains of extinct animals in the sinkhole. Appreciate a nice picnic and study interpretive displays on Saturday, May 28th at 10:00 a.m.
Continue Reading →
April 1, 2016
April is National Car Care Month. Twice each year, in the spring and the fall, the Car Care Council encourages motorists to “Be Car Care Aware.” VW of Gainesville, your hometown Gainesville, Florida VW dealer, wholeheartedly supports this important national vehicle maintenance educational program.
Your new 2016 VW from VW of Gainesville is a big investment and you want to keep it running its best for many carefree miles down the road. You can let our VW of Gainesville Auto Service Center factory-trained technicians help you keep your VW in top condition by performing regularly scheduled maintenance as outlined in your VW Owner’s Manual. Or, if you like to get under the hood and do it yourself, there are many simple things you can do to keep your VW in tip-top shape.
We put together the following checklist of important car maintenance items you should stay on top of throughout the year.
Wiper Blades – People may not pay a lot of attention to their wiper blades, but they play an important part in maintaining optimal visibility, especially during inclement weather. You should inspect and replace your wiper blades twice a year. Replace them earlier if you notice signs of streaking, if the rubber is starting to separate or if it feel hard and less pliable. Continue Reading →
March 1, 2016
When most people think about Volkswagen, the first thing that comes to mind is normally either the ever-popular VW Beetle or the old hippie vans, the VW Type 2. Lately, however, Volkswagen has been turning out some refreshingly attractive sedans and SUV’s that have given the German car company a totally new image.
It started in 2011 with the release of the redesigned VW Jetta, and the improvements did not stop there. From the ultra-versatile VW Touareg to the sport focused VW CC, the entire brand has gone through significant improvements both aesthetically and in the performance department.
One of our favorite redesigns here at Volkswagen of Gainesville, one of the top dealers of new Volkswagens in Gainesville, Florida, is the all-new 2016 VW Passat. Not often does a car of this style, quality and affordability come along, so it is best to thoroughly appreciate it when it does.
Continue Reading →
February 1, 2016
Your hometown Gainesville, Florida new and used car Volkswagen dealership, VW of Gainesville, proudly presents the beautiful new 2016 VW Jetta 4-door sedan. For years, the Jetta has raced ahead of the competition with an impressive array of features, including lively fuel-efficient performance, sophisticated technology, great handling, a roomy interior, and precision German engineering.
Distinctive European Styling
One of the things that sets the Jetta apart is its distinctive styling. Low-slung and aerodynamic, the 2016 Jetta shows off its contemporary European roots with pride. Unlike many other cars in this compact sedan category, the Jetta’s aerodynamic exterior is smooth, sleek, and devoid of any unnecessary adornments or excessive chrome. The result is a clean, fresh, and modern design that stands the test of time. With available LED daytime running lights surrounding the Jetta’s brilliant, optional bi-xenon projector-beam headlights, available sport alloy wheels, a low sloping hood, gracefully arcing roofline, and wide stance, the Jetta create a muscular, yet elegant, appearance. Continue Reading →
January 1, 2016
Come on, admit it. You’ve been eyeing that hot new 2016 Golf hatchback at our VW new and used car dealership in Gainesville for some time now. You’ve gone to our website, checked out our inventory of new 2016 Golfs and you’ve found one you really like. You’ve run the numbers and, with some help from mom and dad; you think you can swing the payments. It sure beats taking the bus to campus. And you’re sure all your friends will give you envious stares when you pull up to the UF campus in your new set of VW wheels.
But then you realize, “Hey, I’ve never bought a new car before. What should I do? Where do I start?” Continue Reading →
December 1, 2015
The holidays are here, and that means everyone is putting their Christmas shopping into high gear. If you have someone on your holiday shopping list who is a VW owner or enthusiast, we here at your local Gainesville VW dealer, VW of Gainesville, have lots of great ideas about what to get them. We’re sure you’ll find a perfect gift and stocking stuffers for the VW fanatic in your family.
Classic 1949 Henley Pullover, $35.95 – This contemporary classic is slim fitting and features a cardinal 1949 VW logo.
Beetle “Selfie” T-Shirt, $19.95 – This whimsical T-Shirt is a picture-perfect addition to anyone’s wardrobe.
2016 VW Bus Calendar, $15.95 – This collectible calendar celebrates the iconic VW bus throughout the year with colorful photos of one of the world’s most beloved vehicles. Continue Reading →
November 1, 2015
The holidays are around the corner and your friends here at your local Gainesville VW dealership, VW of Gainesville, want to make your holiday planning easier. That’s why we’re offering the following guide to the 10 top festive holiday happening here in our community.
- Bikers On Parade at Santa Fe College, Nov. 8 – Join us for this Veteran’s Day salute to the brave men and women of Armed Forces. Brought to you by American Hometown Veterans Assist, Inc., this charity event benefitting local vets begins at Santa Fe College and ends at the Gainesville Raceway.
- Art Of Time Ensemble Presents “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” Nov. 11 At The Phillips Center For The Performing Arts – This world-class Toronto musical ensemble joins with Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies and other artists as they reimagine the Beatle’s signature album. The show fuses high art and pop culture into an incredible musical experience.
- 34th Annual Downtown Festival & Art Show, Nov. 14 & 15 – One of Gainesville’s biggest annual events, the Festival transforms downtown Gainesville, drawing more than 100,000 people. More than 250 artisans from across the country will display their wares, offering a great opportunity to get a jump on your holiday shopping. This huge free event was ranked 2013’s 10th best art festival in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.
- Munich Symphony Orchestra, Nov 19 At The Phillips Center For The Performing Arts – Under the baton of renowned conductor Phillip Entremont, the Munich Symphony Orchestra presents a world-class evening of music as part of its U.S. world tour. Critically acclaimed guitarist Pepe Romero and the Romeros Quartet also perform.
- The Snow Queen, Nov. 25 – Dec. 20 At The Hippodrome – This timeless classic comes alive on the Hipp’s stage in a new adaptation. The story revolved around two best friends, Kai and Gerda, and Gerda’s magical adventure to free her friend from the spell of the wicked Snow Queen.
Continue Reading →
October 1, 2015
You may not think that Gainesville is a hotbed of ghostly activity. In fact, there are many locations on the UF campus and throughout town that report of odd, unusual, and supernatural events.
Here at VW of Gainesville, your hometown Gainesville VW dealership, we love a good ghost story. So, in observance of Halloween 2015 in Gainesville and the 20th anniversary of Ghostbusters starring Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis, we offer the following list of the 10 most haunted places in Gainesville.
We do this as a public service. Investigate these allegedly haunted locales at your own risk; especially on Halloween night. You never know what ghostly apparition you might bump into.
And, unfortunately, the remake of the original Ghostbusters movie starring Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Wig, Melissa McCarthy, and Bill Murray (with a rumored cameo by Dan Aykroyd who co-wrote the screenplay) won’t be released until next year. So don’t expect those folks to rescue you if you run into a ghost or two.
Sweetwater Branch Inn
The quaint and historic Victorian Sweetwater Branch Inn, located just a stone’s throw from the UF campus, is rumored to be the site of some unusual happenings. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, guests of the circa 1885 inn on University Avenue report strange noises in the attic, as well as a “heavy feeling.” On occasion, a bureau door will open on its own. Continue Reading →
September 30, 2015
HERE’S THE LATEST INFORMATION
Volkswagen of Gainesville is in touch with and awaiting further word from Volkswagen’s world headquarters regarding the current diesel emissions situation.
First, it is important to remember this will involve only a small percentage of VW models sold in the USA with diesel engines.
IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT GAS ENGINE MODEL VOLKSWAGEN, YOU ARE NOT AFFECTED IN ANY WAY.
Like you, we at Volkswagen of Gainesville were blindsided by the report from the EPA. We are currently waiting for any recall information from Volkswagen headquarters for correcting the current standard of emissions in all TDI vehicles.
We will work hard along with the factory to assist any of our customers who have been affected once we have more information from Volkswagen.
Continue Reading →
September 7, 2015
It’s almost time to kick off the fall football season. All of us here at VW of Gainesville, your hometown VW dealership in Gainesville, Florida, are anxiously waiting for the Florida Gators to take the field in search of an SEC championship.
Defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III, defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard, and linebacker Antonio Morrison are preseason media picks for the All-SEC team, Members of the attending this year’s SEC Media Days in Birmingham, Alabama vote for who gets into this elite group. Additionally, Hargreaves is on the Walter Camp Player of the Year watch list. This distinction bodes well for the Gators, who are reloading for the 2015 college football season.
Continue Reading →