The holidays are around the corner and your friends here at your local Gainesville VW dealership, VW of Gainesville, want to make your holiday planning easier. That’s why we’re offering the following guide to the 10 top festive holiday happening here in our community.
- Bikers On Parade at Santa Fe College, Nov. 8 – Join us for this Veteran’s Day salute to the brave men and women of Armed Forces. Brought to you by American Hometown Veterans Assist, Inc., this charity event benefitting local vets begins at Santa Fe College and ends at the Gainesville Raceway.
- Art Of Time Ensemble Presents “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” Nov. 11 At The Phillips Center For The Performing Arts – This world-class Toronto musical ensemble joins with Steven Page of the Barenaked Ladies and other artists as they reimagine the Beatle’s signature album. The show fuses high art and pop culture into an incredible musical experience.
- 34th Annual Downtown Festival & Art Show, Nov. 14 & 15 – One of Gainesville’s biggest annual events, the Festival transforms downtown Gainesville, drawing more than 100,000 people. More than 250 artisans from across the country will display their wares, offering a great opportunity to get a jump on your holiday shopping. This huge free event was ranked 2013’s 10th best art festival in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.
- Munich Symphony Orchestra, Nov 19 At The Phillips Center For The Performing Arts – Under the baton of renowned conductor Phillip Entremont, the Munich Symphony Orchestra presents a world-class evening of music as part of its U.S. world tour. Critically acclaimed guitarist Pepe Romero and the Romeros Quartet also perform.
- The Snow Queen, Nov. 25 – Dec. 20 At The Hippodrome – This timeless classic comes alive on the Hipp’s stage in a new adaptation. The story revolved around two best friends, Kai and Gerda, and Gerda’s magical adventure to free her friend from the spell of the wicked Snow Queen.
- Annual Homestead Holidays At The Historic Haile Homestead, Dec. 6 – Get into the holiday spirit as you stroll through this 1800s mansion. Interact with docents in period costumes, enjoy live holiday music, sip hot cider, and browse a variety of home-baked treats. The Mansion is decked out for the holidays with special decorations.
- Annual Holiday Concert At The Thomas Center, Dec. 8 – The historic Thomas Center is the perfect setting for this wonderful evening of live entertainment. Enjoy holiday music from Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and Modern music periods with audience participation.
- Candlelight Visits At The Historic Haile Homestead, Dec. 11 – Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience the Haile Homestead at night. The Mansion will glow in soft candlelight as you enjoy live music, refreshments, and the mansion’s famous “Talking Walls.”
- The Ten Tenors “Home For The Holidays,” At The Philips Center For The Performing Arts, Dec. 23 – Celebrate the holidays as Australia’s operatic rock stars present unique selections and classic holiday favorites in a captivating, can’t-miss performance the entire family will love.
- Fire & Ice At YMCA Field, Dec. 31 – Play in the snow on two large ice slides, have fun in bounce houses, enjoy many events and activities, and ring in the New Year with a rousing fireworks show at sunset. It’s the perfect year-end event for kids and families.
Celebrate A Season Of Savings At VW Of Gainesville
We’re unwrapping holiday savings on our entire inventory of new 2015 Volkswagens at your local Gainesville VW dealership, VW of Gainesville. Take advantage of money-saving special offers and discounts. Save even more on our wide selection of Certified Pre-Owned VWs. Stop by our Gainesville new and used car dealership and find out how easy it is to take home a new VW for the holidays. We’re conveniently located at 3737 N. Main St. Gainesville, FL 32609. For Sales, please call 855-868-8731. For Service, please call 855-867-1634.