The 2017 Toyota 4Runner boasts the space, premium materials, and modern technology for family transportation both in the suburbs of Brooksville and the busy city streets of Spring Hill, FL. But it also easily muscles through off-road adventures around Citrus County with features like the following:
- When starting from a steep incline, Hill Start Assist Control momentarily holds the 4Runner stationary as you move your foot from the brake pedal to accelerator. This means you won’t find yourself slowly rolling down the slope like some mossy boulder.
- To maximize your grip on rough terrain, two 4-Wheel Drive systems are available on the new 4Runner. The SR5 with 4WD and the TR Off-Road rely on part-time 4WD with Active Traction Control (A-TRAC). The 4Runner Limited model comes with 4WD, which gets full-time capability through A-TRAC and a Torsen® limited-slip center differential.
- The locking rear differential is electronically controlled to evenly distribute engine power to both rear wheels. Even if one is off the ground, they both move at the same speed, so you maintain a predictable pace over challenging obstacles on the road and off the beaten path.
- To adjust your Toyota 4Runner’s traction level and engine throttle, twist the Multi-Terrain Select module and choose from four modes that regulate wheel spin.
- Crawl Control is the 4Runner’s king when it comes to optimizing traction on uneven surfaces; it automatically adjusts the brakes and throttles through five low-speed settings, which keeps surprises to a minimum. The Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System also improves traction control thanks to enhanced modulation.
Test Out the Impressive New Toyota 4Runner in Homosassa
The best way to uncover the advantages of these amazing features for yourself is to take the all-new Toyota 4Runner for a test drive. Although we don’t recommend test driving the 4Runner on the rough trails in Citrus County, you can swing through Dunnellon or Inverness to see what this impeccable Toyota SUV is capable of.
Contact our new Toyota dealership in Homosassa today to schedule a test drive! Call us at (352) 628-5100 or visit our new and used car dealership at 2431 S Suncoast Blvd to view any of our vehicles, 4Runner or otherwise. At Village Toyota, we’re proud to serve all of you off-roading aficionados in Spring Hill, Brooksville, and (of course) Homosassa.
Sources & Photos: