Built for your adventurous side, the 2017 Toyota RAV4 stands out as a crossover with premium style, inside and out. This multi-award winner breaks free from the competition thanks to numerous standard features, including some developed for the current year. Let’s check out the latest RAV4, and you’ll soon see why it might just be your next SUV.
What’s New in the RAV4?
Updates in Toyota’s latest RAV4 model include two new trims:
- Up your fuel efficiency with the new entry-level RAV4 SE Hybrid, and you’ll be powering past the gas pumps.
- Stick with the gas engine, and you can climb to the peak of Amenity Hill with the top-of-the-line RAV4 Platinum, which includes a Smart Key System for all five doors, Platinum Protectors for the door sills, a Bird’s Eye View Camera, and a foot-activated power liftgate, among other features.
All models now also get Toyota Safety Sense P, which was previously available only on the Limited trim. This suite of driver-assist technologies includes the following:
- Lane Departure Alert that warns you audio-visually when you drift from your current lane. If you don’t take corrective action, Steering Assist keeps you on the straight-and-narrow by nudging the steering.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control that keeps you at a safe distance from the vehicle in front using the speed you set. It automatically speeds up or slows down to take care of changes in traffic flow.
- Pre-Collision Braking automatically stops your vehicle under specific circumstances or if it’s about to hit something or someone.
- Automatic High Beams switches your high beams to low beams when it detects the headlights of oncoming traffic. When that traffic has passed, the high beams come on again.
Standing Out with Standards
Already an outstanding value for the money, the 2017 Toyota RAV4 impresses with a long list of standard features that are usually available on other brands as extra-cost options. Even the entry-level LE trim contains the following pluses:
- Entune™ Audio system that comes with six speakers, a 6.1-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth® wireless technology, hands-free phone system, voice recognition, AM/FM radio, CD/MP3/WMA player, and a USB 2.0 port with iPod® control.
- Backup camera that projects grid lines in real time so that you can easily judge your path and distance to obstacles.
- Driving modes like ECO (to emphasize fuel efficiency) and Sport (when responsive power is more important).
- Remote keyless entry system so you never have to take your keys out of your pocket when entering the SUV.
- Eight cupholders and three front 12-volt power outlets for charging up personal devices.
- Overhead console with storage for your sunglasses.
- Hill Start Assist Control for holding the brakes when you start the engine on an incline; it gives you time to move your foot from brake pedal to accelerator without rolling down the slope.
Earning Its Awards
As proof of its outstanding quality and performance, this new Toyota RAV4 SUV has received plenty of awards:
- Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (equipped with LED headlamps).
- Highest 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Best Hybrid SUV for the Money nominee by US News & World Report for the RAV4 Hybrid models.
- High consumer ratings across the board.
Scoping Out the Competition
In general, the 2017 Toyota RAV4 offers more standard features than the Honda CR-V, the Nissan Rogue, or the Subaru Forester. The RAV4 also gets higher reliability scores than the Forester and offers slightly better performance than the CR-V. Finally, the RAV4 outsells both the CR-V and Ford Escape, partially due to Toyota’s reputation for manufacturing vehicles with greater durability and higher quality (and the standardized Toyota Safety Sense P helps).
Go for A Test Drive in Homosassa, FL
Don’t just let others bask in the glory of Toyota’s newest all-star SUV—the 2017 RAV4 can be all yours, too! Find out how by contacting us at (352) 628-5100 or scheduling a test drive with our Village Toyota dealership in Homosassa, FL. Whether you’re driving in from Spring Hill, Citrus County, Dunnellon, or Brooksville, you can be certain that our Toyota dealers will guide you toward the perfect RAV4 model. To save even more money, be sure to check our specials page before stopping by!
Sources & Photos: