The Toyota Corolla has a solid reputation as a reliable, worry-free car—and for good reason. Since they first released it 50 years ago, Toyota has sold more than 43 million Corollas around the world, giving it the right to be called the best-selling vehicle worldwide. But Toyota isn’t done yet; they’ve refreshed the Corolla for 2017, and you’ll love what they’ve done to make their top seller even better.
#1: Outstanding Standard Features
While the Corolla has always had a solid set of standard features, Toyota has taken the 2017 Corolla to new heights. The list of new standard features includes many additions, like:
- LED headlights with automatic high beams
- Redesigned dashboard with a sleek, new instrument panel
- Adaptive cruise control
- Smart key entry and keyless engine start/stop
- Easy access to the trunk with just a touch of a button
- Upgraded seats
- New circular air vents
- Five extra inches of legroom in the rear seats
- ECO function to improve gas mileage
These new standard features give the Corolla a best-in-class look and feel, and some superb and luxurious splashes of modernity to boot. If you haven’t seen a 2017 Corolla yet, you’ll want to check out its redesigned, stylish appearance and features at our Homosassa dealership.
#2: New Safety Features
The Corolla still has some of the best reliability and crash test ratings in its class, and Toyota has gone a step further by including additional standard safety features that competitors can’t (or don’t) typically match. In fact, most rivals don’t have any advanced safety technologies beyond a rearview camera!
The 2017 Corolla comes with an advanced safety package that includes:
- Radar cruise control: This system detects the speed and distance of the vehicle in front of you and adjusts your speed accordingly, much like Active Cruise Control.
- Lane departure warning: If you inadvertently leave your lane, this system alerts you with an audible tone and a visual warning.
- Lane keep assist: If you leave your lane and don’t correct your steering, this will gently correct the steering to keep you in your lane.
- Pre-collision detection: this system scans the road ahead for potential vehicle collisions.
- Pedestrian detection: the Corolla scans for pedestrians who may come into your path.
- Emergency braking: If either system detects a potential vehicle or pedestrian crash, they alert you and apply the brakes automatically if necessary.
The crash you have the best chance of surviving is the one that never happens. These advanced safety features make the 2017 Toyota Corolla stand out in its class and reflect Toyota’s ongoing commitment to driver and passenger safety.
#3: Options Galore
If you’re looking to go beyond the standard features, the 2017 Corolla has you covered. The Corolla trim levels offer a full list of extras, including:
- Heated seats
- Push-button start
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Automatic climate control
- Upgraded navigation package with a 7-inch touchscreen
You can also choose the Entune Performance Audio Package, which equips the Corolla with Bluetooth, a USB port, SiriusXM radio, voice activation (after hooking up a smartphone), and navigation.
#4: City Driving Perfection
City driving is part of what made the Corolla so popular and long-lasting—and it still holds true in 2017. The Corolla is easy to drive and has great sightlines. The tight turning radius means navigating tight spaces, parking, and making U-turns are easy tasks. It stays calm over rough surfaces and can dampen any shock from the road. Combined with its great gas mileage and outstanding reliability, the Corolla makes driving in the city a pleasure.
Millions of drivers choose Corolla for its solid reliability, great gas mileage, and thoughtful features. Why don’t you join the sedan’s audience as they applaud Toyota to the first-place podium? Come see for yourself why the 2017 Corolla is one of the world’s best cars. Visit Village Toyota at 2431 S Suncoast Blvd in Homosassa, or call our dealers at (352) 628-5100 to test drive, lease, or purchase the ’17 Corolla. We also have a wide variety of other new Toyota models and used cars, so you’ll never be without a world-class ride when shopping with us.
Sources & Photos: