An extended warranty on your Toyota is just as important and valuable as car insurance. Car insurance protects you from the unexpected, such as that unforeseeable fender-bender. Warranties, on the other hand, protect you from the problems that you can expect. And honestly, we can say that any vehicle, Toyota-made or otherwise, will need to be serviced, towed, and repaired at some point in their life. With a little bit of extra coverage, you can keep from paying more than needed to get back on the road.
Take a look at our dealership’s overview of Toyota warranty options below, and let us know how we can help protect you and your car from harm.
Toyota Extended Warranty Explained
- There are multiple extended warranty options to choose from. Plans include Platinum Protection and Gold Protection (and a Powertrain Protection Plan). Terms on both Platinum and Gold plans range from 3 years/50,000 miles all the way up to 8 years/125,000 miles.
- You can take advantage of routine Toyota service and maintenance, which includes oil and filter changes, multipoint inspections, tire rotations, and any other services covered by your vehicle maintenance guide. Depending on the plan purchased, Toyota’s extended warranties may cover your maintenance and mileage services.
- If you ever find yourself on the side of the road, you can count on 24/7 Roadside Assistance to come to your aid. This includes lockout protection, flat tire changes, jump-starts, fuel delivery and towing. You’ll also receive reimbursements for rental cars, meals, and lodging during your vehicle’s stay at our Toyota service center.
- You’ll receive coupons and other exclusive offers to save more at our Newton Toyota dealership and other participating Toyota dealers.
Why is choosing a Toyota Extended Warranty better than third-party warranty service?
- Most warranties that are not Toyota Certified Extended Warranties will not cover genuine Toyota parts. It is always best to replace any faulty or worn out parts with authentic Toyota parts, as they are designed and built by Toyota, for Toyota. In the end, off-brand parts can cause more problems for you.
- Toyota’s offering of extended warranties isn’t just simply about Toyota’s bottom line. Toyota has a stake in its products and wants to keep your Toyota vehicle in tiptop shape. For example, it is a well-known fact that many dealerships will pay more for a Toyota trade-in compared to another make. Therefore you benefit greatly from keeping your Toyota in good health. Not only are you getting more for your used car, but you’re also giving another owner a chance to drive a certified pre-owned Toyota. And by using uncertified mechanics and generic car parts, you risk diminishing the value of your trade-in.
- As stated above, Toyota has a stake in its products. There are no winners if the Toyota brand depreciates beyond the average depreciation value. Third-party warranty providers don’t have this concern, obviously. Unless authorized by Toyota, most independent mechanic shops aren’t going to sell genuine Toyota parts due to price. Of course, those shops are not covered by a Toyota Warranty.
- You should also be advised that it is better in most cases to start looking toward purchasing an extended warranty sometime before the original factory warranty ends. The reason for this is that some vehicles may not qualify for certain coverage after the original warranty has expired. Prevention is key.
- When you are covered by an extended Toyota warranty, you are obliged to use certified Toyota mechanics. You may ask, “what’s wrong with the corner shop down the street?” We won’t go as far as to say there is a problem with them, but we will say that our Toyota dealership’s auto mechanics have access to advanced technology and knowledge of your particular Toyota model. Can the corner shop down your street honestly say the same? Toyota vehicle data is proprietary—as it is with any major car brand—and only the technicians who work for Toyota have access to it.
- Since third-party warranty issuers deal with uncertified shops, you run the risk of being overcharged. And if you’re not covered by a Toyota warranty, those charges could put a mighty dent in your pocketbook. Not to mention these shops have good reason to sell car parts you might not even need. But with the protection of a Toyota extended warranty, you have the luxury of having highly trained technicians servicing your vehicle, with no games.
The benefits of a Toyota Warranty go beyond simple oils changes and flat tires. It is an affordable investment with potentially great advantages to any owner. Don’t balk at signing up for a warranty—it could save you thousands in the long run.
Want to learn more about your ToyotaCare extended warranty options? Contact Toyota World of Newton at (973) 459-4442 to discuss available plans for your Toyota. Need a new car? We can definitely help with that. Browse our selection of new Toyota models, certified pre-owned cars, and used vehicles. We have one of the largest inventories in all of Lafayette Township and Hampton Township, so you’re sure to find the perfect four-wheeled pal when shopping with us. Visit our dealership at 66 Hampton House Rd in Newton, NJ today!