It’s a new year, and you know what that means — new model SUVs! With so many different crossovers on the market today, how can you tell which one is best for you? Let Toyota World of Newton help with that! In this Toyota vs. Honda matchup are two of the top compact crossovers on the market today: The brand new 2017 Toyota RAV4 vs. the Honda CR-V. Let’s start this epic SUV showdown, shall we?
The Best of the 2017 Toyota RAV4
- Heated Steering Wheel – On those cold days, when it feels as though you are trying to hold onto an icicle to steer your car with, this vehicle has you covered. With a heated steering wheel, your hands will stay nice and toasty while driving your new RAV4.
- Reclining Rear Seats – Why should the front seat passengers get all the comfort? With reclining rear seats, everyone can lay back, relax, and enjoy the ride (except for the driver, of course, since they should sit up and enjoy the ride).
- Additional Whiplash Protection – With specially designed headrests, the new RAV4 can help reduce your risk of whiplash during a rear-end collision.
- Drift Compensation Steering – When road conditions are less than optimal, the RAV4 offers compensation to help the driver keep it between the lines.
- Foot-Activated Rear Tailgate – Opening the car with your hands full just got easier. The RAV4 offers the option of a foot-activated tailgate. Wave your foot in front of the sensor, and the rear tailgate will open up automatically.
- Birds-Eye View – Instead of your typical rear-facing camera, this compact SUV offers the Birds-Eye View camera. With this, you can see 360° around the vehicle, not just behind you.
- Storage Options – A 60/40 split of the backseat offers various options for seating and storage.
- So Many Choices – There are eight models of the RAV4 to choose from. From Hybrid to Platinum, you’re sure to find the one that’s exactly what you’re looking for.
- Lane Departure Alert – By detecting the painted lines on the road, your RAV4 can alert you when it detects that you are veering out of your lane.
- Steer Assist – When the RAV4 has detected that you are about to cross the middle line, Steer Assist kicks in and offers mild corrective measures to direct the vehicle back into its proper lane.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – This is not your mom’s cruise control! Dynamic Radar Cruise Control allows you to maintain your desired speed, while also monitoring and maintaining a safe distance between you and the car in front of you.
What the Honda CR-V Offers
- Variety – You have four models to choose from with the CR-V. Unfortunately, there are no hybrid options for this vehicle.
- Automatic and Adjustable Tailgate – Press a button, and the rear tailgate will open right up for you. You even have the ability to alter the height of the door so as to more easily accommodate a wide variety of height requirements.
- Foot-Activated Rear Tailgate – Like the RAV4, the CR-V offers the option of a foot-activated tailgate.
- Additional Storage Space – Again, like the RAV4, the CR-V has a 60/40 split when it comes to the backseat. The CR-V also offers a flat cargo space in the rear to be lowered.
- Rear-view Camera – While you have the option of three different views with this camera, it still only faces the rear of the car, unlike the all-around camera of the RAV4.
- Cross Traffic Monitor – When the CR-V is in reverse, sensors on the rear bumper can help you detect when another vehicle is approaching.
And the Winner is…
While both of these vehicles have many wonderful features, we must declare Toyota’s newest crossover the winner of this CR-V vs. RAV4 SUV showdown. With twice as many models to choose from (including multiple hybrid options), safety features that will help you avoid accidents, as well as comfort features that will allow you to enjoy even the longest trip, the RAV4 is the best of all worlds!
Are you interested in learning more about the new Toyota RAV4 for sale? Or would you like information about leasing or purchasing one of Toyota’s other marvelous pieces of machinery? If you answered “yes” to any of these, then contact Toyota World of Newton today and discover our RAV4 inventory! Take a test drive at our Toyota dealership, located at 66 Hampton House Rd, Route 206, in Newton, NJ, and we guarantee you won’t leave without your mind made up.
Sources & Photos: