Although Miami’s weather makes for great afternoons on the links all year long, everyone knows that summer is officially the season for golf. Ready your clubs, clean off your cleats, and read on to learn about the five best South Florida golf courses near Miami, as well as the finest BMW accessories and vehicles to make your outing par for the course (pun intended)!
- Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne: This breathtaking 18-hole, par-72 course is just minutes from Downtown Miami and South Beach, and is surrounded by gorgeous bodies of water and stunning tropical foliage. Recognized as one of the top golf courses in the country by both Golfweekand Golf Digest, Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne features fairways and tee boxes that overlook Biscayne Bay, as well as some of the most challenging sand traps in the country. Its pro shop, golf lessons, driving range and putting greens are all top in its class, just like any BMW you’ll encounter. Between the exciting holes and sight-seeing opportunities, you are sure to stay a while, so be sure to bring along a BMW UV sunshade to keep your car’s interior nice and cool for when you return from the Back Nine.
- Normandy Shores Golf Course: Located in Miami Beach, the legendary Normandy Shores is not only beautiful but is also brimming with historical charm on all 18 holes. During World War II, most of Miami Beach became a training ground for the U.S. Military, and in the years following the war, Normandy Shores Golf Course boomed with post-war jubilee. Normandy Shores also became a stomping ground for many famous golfers, including Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer, and Peter Thompson. The best part of Normandy Shores? Kids play free! Load the family into one of our spacious BMW X SAVs, and let your kiddos join in on the fun.
- Biltmore Golf Course: Biltmore Golf Course is located just outside Miami in Coral Gables, FL, the home of the University of Miami. Owned and operated by the City of Coral Gables, Biltmore Golf Course has hosted many big names, including Former President Clinton, Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, and actors Will Smith and Bill Murray. The Biltmore offers some of the best “after twilight” golf rates, so if your tee time is after 4:30 pm, be sure to equip your BMW with stylish retrofit headlights, taillights and deflectors for your drive home after dusk.
- Plantation Reserve Golf Course: North of Miami in Broward County, Plantation Reserve is a nature-lover’s paradise. Separating the front and back nines is a preserved wetlands area, where outdoor recreation enthusiasts can walk, jog, and bike a multi-use trail that winds its way through the 55-acre park and golf course. So, you’re not in the mood to golf, but still want to enjoy the preserve? Not a problem. Hitch your bike to your BMW SUV with a sturdy BMW bike rack, and get ready for a sweaty trek around one of the most gorgeous landscapes in all of Miami.
- Key West Golf Club: People from all over the world travel to South Florida for its breathtaking golf courses, and Key West Golf Club is at the top of their must-visit lists. The 150-mile drive from Miami to Key West is worth it for the extraordinary experience you will have at the only Caribbean-themed golf course in the United States. Enjoy exciting holes like the course’s “Mangrove Hole,” which literally lies over a thick, lush mangrove field. Make an extended weekend out of any summer trip to Key West, and let your BMW simplify your travels with adjustable luggage compartment straps or a shiny new luggage rack.
Golf + BMW = Living Life to the Fullest
Ready to tee off on a full summer of fairways, greens, and miles of Miami asphalt? Make a tee time at one of these superb Miami-area golf courses, and be sure to browse the new BMW models, authentic accessories, and certified pre-owned BMWs for sale at our new and used car dealership. All of our South Motors BMW dealers are committed to helping you find the perfect four-wheeled caddy so that you can enjoy your day on the course, even if you end every hole with a four-putt.
Contact our BMW dealers in Miami at (855) 861-1519 or visit South Motors BMW at 16215 S Dixie Hwy to take a test drive, discuss your BMW financing options, or order a genuine BMW part. And have fun at the course!
Sources & Photos: