Memorial Day is rapidly approaching, so if you don’t already have your entertainment plans squared away, take a look at our list of local events taking place in the Miami and Palmetto Bay areas—they’re sure to make for an unforgettable holiday weekend, with or without a new BMW taking you there.
- 2017 Air and Sea Show & Music Explosion: Dubbed “The Greatest Show Above the Earth,” the 2017 Air and Sea Show & Music Explosion is an entire weekend of musical performances by today’s hottest artists, as well as numerous air and sea acts showcasing the men, women, and technology from the US forces that work hard every day to keep our country safe. This event features everything from offshore powerboat racing demonstrations and action water sports demonstrations, to fly-by performances and maneuver demonstrations by aircraft such as the USN F-18 Hornet and the USAF F-22 Raptor. The party starts on Saturday, May 27th, and will continue into Sunday, May 28th, on Miami Beach. Sea events take place from 9am-11am, the Music Explosion takes place from 11am-3pm, and the air events will take place from 12pm-4pm.
- Duck Duck Goose: A culinary festival hosted by a prominent Miami chef and featuring several of Miami’s other top chefs, Duck Duck Goose is an all-inclusive food and drink celebration centered around “everything winged and delicious.” Duck Duck Goose challenges each of the featured chefs in attendance to prepare several dishes with locally raised and pastured fowl, resulting in an abundance of gourmet cuisine and creative street food style foods to enjoy. The festival is scheduled for Sunday, May 28th, from 3 pm to 7 pm at The Anderson in Miami, just miles away from our BMW dealers serving Palmetto bay.
- FemAle Brew Fest: FemAle Brew Fest is South Florida’s very first beer festival celebrating the women of the brewing industry. The event showcases breweries from across the entire United States that are owned, founded, and/or operated predominately by women, and it’s open to beer lovers of all genders (provided they’re 21 and up, of course). FemAle Brew Fest will be held in the FAT Village near Fort Lauderdale on May 28th from 1 pm to 5 pm. Stop in and enjoy some great beers, live music, small bites, and spectacular local artwork.
- 6th Annual Miami Taste of Brickell Food and Wine Festival: Taking place at The 444 Plaza in Miami on Saturday, May 27th, from 1pm to 10pm, the 6th Annual Miami Taste of Brickell Food and Wine Festival is one of the biggest events of the holiday weekend for all of the die-hard foodies in the area. Sample a broad selection of offerings from over 30 of the finest restaurants in Downtown Miami, as well as gourmet food products and exceptional wines and spirits. This is a 21 and up event, but dogs are welcome to join their owners in attendance as long as they are leashed.
- The Flying Carrs Circus “Around the World in 80 Minutes!”: On Saturday, May 27th, from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM, stop by the Seminole Theater in Homestead to enjoy The Flying Carrs Circus performance of “Around the World in 80 Minutes!” An entertaining, world-class circus that’s suitable for all ages, The Flying Carrs Circus will be showcasing multiple different cultures from around the world through exciting acts such as a Flamenco duel from Spain and a Hawaiian luau. The circus features daredevils, aerialists, jugglers, and more, so if you’re looking for an event that will entertain the entire family, stop by the Seminole Theater and join the fun.
Explore Our New BMWs for Sale on Memorial Day
This holiday weekend, consider taking a look at some of our spectacular new 2017 BMWs for sale that will get you to your scheduled events in style, like the 2017 BMW 3 Series 320i or the 2017 BMW X1 sDrive28i. Our new and used car dealers serve the Miami and Palmetto Bay areas, so be sure to contact us for all of your local BMW needs and more information on our available new car and used car selections. From all of us at South Motors BMW, have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Sources & Photos: