The summer heat is quickly catching up to us, and as much as you may want to, you can’t just sit in your new 2017 Buick Enclave blasting the AC all day. When the temperatures start to get a little unbearable this season, pack the family up and cool off at one of these “chill zones” in the Buena Park area!
- Great Wolf Lodge: This entirely family- and kid-oriented indoor water park resort is California’s first and only of its kind. Located in Anaheim, this destination is a must for the summer, with over 105,000 square feet of indoor water park space featuring rides like the Howlin’ Tornado thrill slide and the Wolf Rider Wipeout surf simulator. The lodge also has wave pools, bowling, mini golf, laser tag, and many more attractions that are suitable for all members of the family.
- Knott’s Soak City: If you’re already familiar with Knott’s Berry Farm, try out their neighboring water park, Soak City! Soak City is home to a whole host of water slides, raft rides, and many other attractions that will provide hours of entertainment. Little ones are welcome to visit Gremmie Lagoon for pint-sized versions of the larger rides, while the older kids can enjoy the lazy river, tidal wave pools, and more. If you get hungry, take a stroll over to Longboard Grill, Portside Pizza, or Surf Daddy’s Food Hut for some delicious munching options that’ll keep you fueled for the entire day of splash-heavy fun.
- Big Air Trampoline Park: Stay cool and dry at the Big Air Trampoline Park in Buena Park. Explore the Zero Gravity Court, Big Mechanical Bull, Martian Mountain climbing wall, and Lil’ Air, the designated safe jumping space for smaller guests (it’s got smaller versions of all of the original attractions). Special Toddler Time days for kids under 6 years of age are regularly scheduled, and Friday and Saturday nights are Cosmic Nights—that means lots of music, lasers, and strobe lights.
- Raging Waters: Cool off at one of California’s largest water parks! The Raging Waters park in Los Angeles is the closest, and you’ll have ample time to enjoy countless rides like The Bermuda Triangle, the Dragon’s Den, Neptune’s Fury, and Dr. VonDark’s Tunnel of Terror. You can also experience the lazy river, lily pads, and a wave pool cove, while your kids play in kids-only areas, such as Kids Kingdom and Splash Island Adventure. There are numerous food and shopping areas to satisfy all of your needs as well, so plan to spend the entire day in the park.
- The Awesome Playground: If you’re looking for somewhere for the kids to burn off some energy, The Awesome Playground is the answer. It’s a huge indoor playground located in Los Angeles that offers all-day play passes so that your kiddos can play, leave for lunch, and come back to enjoy more air-conditioned entertainment.
- 2nd Annual Los Angeles Classic Car Show: For the adult car-lovers in the family, take a trip over to the Long Beach Convention Center on June 25th from 10am-6pm for the 2nd Annual Los Angeles Classic Car Show. Featuring over 600 classic cars, the show is entirely indoors and will host several live bands and DJs, as well as the Miss Bomb Magazine Pinup contest. Ooh la la.
This summer, beat the heat by stopping by our air-conditioned showroom and taking a look at some of our specials. We have deals on spectacular new Buick and GMC vehicles for sale, like the new 2017 GMC Acadia! We serve the greater Buena Park, Anaheim, Los Angeles, and Orange County areas, so be sure to contact us at (714) 690-6200 for more information about our available new and used selections.
From all of us at Simpson Buick GMC, have a happy (and cool) summer!
Sources & Photos: