Summer is finally upon us and we know how hot it can get here in the greater Atlanta metro area. That’s why the car experts here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell, your preferred Hyundai dealership in Roswell, Georgia, want to give you the information you need to keep your car running in great shape during the hot summer. So we’ve put together the following list of 10 things you can do to prep your vehicle for the summer season here in the sweltering South.
- Keep your engine clean – When dirt, grime and grease builds up on the engine block they make it run hotter than normal. A good professional steam cleaning at your local car wash will solve this problem. Or, you can go to a self-service wash and use a high-pressure sprayer. Just remember to cover the battery, fuse box, and other electrical components. And wait until the engine is dry before driving off.
- Inspect your brake fluid and power steering fluid levels – It’s easy to check these levels thanks to clear plastic reservoirs in today’s modern vehicles, like all of our new 2015 Hyundais. If you plan to add fluids yourself, always use a clean container to avoid contamination.
- Change your oil, oil filter, and transmission fluid – Oil is your car’s lifeblood. Dirty oil can reduce performance and make your engine run hotter and less smoothly. The same can be said for your transmission. Have both checked and/or replaced by an automotive professional, like our ASE-certified technicians here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell.
- Check your hoses and belts – Heat is the enemy of rubber belts and hoses. Hoses should be firm, not soft, so check for soft spots; especially where the hose connects directly to the radiator or engine. You should also visually inspect belts for cracks and damage. If the belt looks very slick or smooth that’s a bad sign. Have our service pros at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell inspect and/or replace these important parts for you.
- Keep your car cool – Parking your car in the garage or in the shade will help prolong the life of your paint job, as well as keep the interior from fading and plastic from cracking. Invest in a good quality sunshade to keep things cool on the inside.
- Check your air filters – A dirty air filter can rob you of performance, affect gas mileage, and make your engine run less efficiently. Also, a dirty cabin air filter can make your AC work too hard. Check your owner’s manual for the specific location and recommended change intervals.
- Inspect your coolant – Check your coolant level by looking at the plastic coolant reservoir. Your owner’s manual will give you the exact location. Warning! Do not ever open the radiator cap when the car is hot to avoid injury.
- Have your air conditioning checked – You should have your air conditioning checked by a certified mechanic on a yearly basis. If you notice that your AC isn’t blowing as cold as it used to, you may have a leak. Adding refrigerant is only a temporary fix for this. Our Service Department here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell will be happy to inspect your AC unit for you.
- Inspect your tires for wear – Look for cracks in the sidewall, gouges, or other visible clues which could cause a blowout. Also, check your tire tread depth by putting a penny in the groove. If it disappears, your tread depth is okay. If not, you may need new tires. Of course, our techs here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell will be happy to inspect your tires and make recommendations.
- Check your tire pressure – Tire pressure changes with the outside temperature. As the temperature gets warmer, the tire pressure increases. Be sure to check your tire pressure when your tires are cold and keep them at the manufacturer’s recommended pressure, which can be found on a label located in the door jam of the driver’s side door. Many of our new 2015 Hyundais here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell feature a tire pressure monitoring system which can automatically alert you if your tire pressure is not up to specs. And don’t forget to check the pressure in your spare, too.
Summer Deals are Heating Up at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell
We’re cranking up the savings this summer with some the hottest deals you’ll find on our huge inventory of new 2015 Hyundais. Take advantage of sizzling special financing offers, cool dealer discounts, and scorching manufacturer incentives that make it easy to put you behind the wheel of a new Hyundai. Stop by our Hyundai dealership, conveniently located at 11446 Alpharetta Hwy, Roswell, GA 30076. To reach our Sales Department, please call 888-514-0270. For Service, please call 888-417-7186.