As a new college graduate, all of us here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell, your hometown Hyundai dealership in Roswell GA, extend our hearty congratulations on your outstanding achievement. Now that you have accomplished this major milestone in your life, you may be getting ready to head out on life’s highway; and what better way to do so than in a new 2015 Hyundai from our dealership? Of course, if you are a first-time car buyer, you probably have a lot of questions about purchasing a new vehicle. Because we want this to be a positive experience for you, we’ve put together our 10 best car-buying tips for college grads. Think of them as your roadmap to making your first successful car purchase.
- Come up with a budget – You need to know what you can afford. The first step is to write down all of your expenses, like rent, groceries, health insurance, entertainment, and groceries. Be realistic. Remember that cars are expensive to own and maintain; requiring regular maintenance, auto insurance, and fuel.
- Determine what monthly car payment you can afford – Once you’ve done the math, you need to find out just how much debt you can handle when financing your car. Remember that you are obligating yourself to make regular payments for two, three, four years, or more.
- Figure out what you really, really need – It’s very easy to fall in love with a new car that has all the bells and whistles. Now is the time to step back, get real, and manage your expectations.
- Prioritize what you want – You don’t necessarily have to buy a car that you ultimately won’t be satisfied with. If you can cut back on other expenses to get a car with the features you want – and still live within your budget – it’s something to consider.
- Do your homework – This is a very important step. Not only should you check out our inventory online at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell, take advantage of the many automotive consumer websites out there, like consumerreports.org, kbb.com, Edmunds.com, and others before you settle on a car. You can also read car reviews on motortrend.com, caranddriver.com, and other automotive magazines.
- Take a test drive – Once you’ve picked out your car, done your research, and have your budget in order, head on down to Rick Case Hyundai Roswell and take your car out for a spin. Ask yourself: Does it feel comfortable? Does it meet my expectations? Try and drive the car both on the highway and on city streets, if possible. Have the salesperson go through all of the features so you understand how the car works.
- Get your financing in order – It’s helpful to have your financial ducks in a row, so to speak, before you sign on the dotted line. Know your credit score, the interest rate being charged, and carefully look over the sales contract to make sure you understand what you are signing.
- Understand the difference between a lease and a purchase – Leasing a new car is basically renting it for a set number of years at a set monthly payment. You don’t build equity in the vehicle, but you do have the option of paying off the remainder or converting the lease to a purchase when the lease comes due. When the lease is up, you drop the car off and walk away. However, you may be charged reconditioning fees for wear and tear. Also consider that leases have mileage caps. Go over the cap and you’re dinged for extra costs. Of course, buying a car means that when you’ve paid it off, you own it. Decide what best fits your finances and your lifestyle.
- Consider a pre-owned vehicle – If buying new isn’t an option, we have plenty of excellent pre-owned vehicles to choose from here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell. More importantly, you can buy with confidence because we offer a 10-year/100,000 mile nationwide powertrain warranty, along with 10 years of 24-hour nationwide assistance on all of our pre-owned vehicles.
- Enjoy the process – When all is said and done, buying your first car should be positive and hassle free. Our sales professionals here at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell will make sure that your customer experience exceeds your expectations. Because we want you to be completely satisfied that you got the best deal at the best price. After all, this may be your first new car purchase, but it won’t be your last. And we hope to earn your business again down the road.
Graduate to a New 2015 Hyundai at Rick Case Hyundai Roswell Now that you’ve “turned your tassel,” it’s time to turn onto the fast lane of your future in a new 2015 Hyundai from Rick Case Hyundai Roswell. We’ll make the process of buying your first new or certified pre-owned car easy and hassle-free. We’ll guide you every step of the way to ensure your complete satisfaction. Take advantage of our many money-saving special offers, dealer discounts, and manufacturer incentives. In fact, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy it is to drive away in a new Hyundai. Visit our showroom today, conveniently located at 11446 Alpharetta Highway, Roswell, GA 30076. To reach our Sales Department, please call 888-514-0270. For our Service Department, call 888-417-7186. Congratulations to the Class of 2015! Sources:
Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
Sources: http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-shopping/207732/buying-a-car-as-a-recent-college-grad-5-tips.jsp http://www.collegexpress.com/articles-and-advice/student-life/articles/living-campus/how-buy-your-first-car/ http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/10-tips-for-first_time-car-buyers/2000007215/