Spring has finally arrived in Georgia! After a very harsh winter we’ve waited a long time to open our windows, air out our homes, and look forward to warmer weather.
With spring comes an annual, but necessary, ritual that many of us would rather avoid: Spring Cleaning. But with the change of seasons, there’s no better time than to tackle those important household chores that have lain dormant during the frigid winter months.
If you are like most people, one of the areas in the home needing the most attention is your garage. Think about it: When is the last time you were able to park your car in there; let alone walk around your garage without tripping over something?
Of course, keeping your Hyundai, or other vehicle, out of the elements is what a garage is for in the first place. So if you’re ready to put down your iPad®, turn off the TV, and put those snacks back in the refrigerator where they belong, then let’s explore some ways you can make your garage the envy of your neighborhood and a place your Hyundai will love to live in:
- Take everything out of the garage and sell, donate, or trash what you don’t need – Sometimes it’s difficult to part with certain cherished items. Perhaps it’s time to get rid of that old non-working lawnmower or those ancient magazines. Be sure to safely dispose of any hazardous materials, like old paint or other chemicals, by the way.
- Come up with a plan – Having an empty garage will make it much easier for you to visualize where to put everything you decided to keep. So take a moment to plan where you want everything to go.
- Clean it, paint it, scour it – A fresh coat of paint and a good sweeping can do wonders. A like-new-looking garage will help inspire you to keep it clean.
- Keep things off the floor – Keeping things need and tidy, the experts say, requires getting as much stuff off the floor as possible. Install heavy duty hooks and holders on the wall for brooms, rakes, mops, or anything with a handle. Ceiling-mounted, drop-down shelving is great for larger, bulkier items. Consider using pre-made cabinets with doors on them achieve a cleaner, less-cluttered look. Although it’s okay to use open shelving as long as you keep things organized.
- Group similar items together – Make it easy for you to find what you need when you need it by putting similar items, like household cleaners, paper towels, canned beverages, garden equipment, etc., in the same area.
- Come up with new uses for your space – Okay, you really don’t have to park your Hyundai in your garage if you don’t want to. So be clever and come up with some unique ways to utilize your new-found space. Perhaps for hobbies or arts & crafts.
- Put a label on it– A key to a well-organized garage is to put things away in boxes or clear plastic bins and clearly label everything. It’s time consuming, but well worth it.
Now that we’ve got your garage squared away, it’s time to turn your attention to giving your Hyundai (or other vehicle) a good Spring Cleaning of its own. After all, your car is a major investment, and regular maintenance will help keep it running and looking like new for miles down the road.
- Clean the engine compartment– The buildup of grime, dirt, or grease over time can have a negative effect on your engine. A professional steam cleaning of your engine compartment is the best way to remove all that gunk. Or you can do it yourself at a self-serve car wash equipped with a high-pressure sprayer. Tip: Cover electrical parts: like the battery, fuse box, etc., with plastic prior to cleaning the engine with water to avoid shorting anything out. Wait until the engine is thoroughly dry before starting it.
- Protect your paint job. – A good hand waxing with a quality paste or liquid wax will do wonders for your Hyundai’s paint job. Or have your Hyundai professionally detailed. (Tip: our Service Department here at Rick Case Hyundai carries an assortment of cleaners and polishers especially formulated for your Hyundai’s finish.)
- Install new wiper blades– If your windshield wiper blades are showing signs of wear, like streaking, skipping, or noise, and then have them replaced. This is especially important now that our snow is turning to April showers. Our Service Dept. here at Rick Case Hyundai will be happy to install a new set of blades customized for your Hyundai. We also service other makes and models.
- Keep your tires rolling along – Temperature has a direct impact on tire pressure. That’s why it’s a good idea to check your tire pressure regularly and to keep your tire’s inflated to manufacturer specs. While you’re at it, look for signs of uneven tread wear, which may signal the need for an alignment. Pay special attention to any cracks or gouges in the sidewall which could cause a dangerous blowout. Our Rick Case Hyundai service techs can inspect your tires for you and make recommendations.
- Maintain your fluid levels – Clear reservoirs for brake, power steering, and windshield washer fluids in today’s Hyundais make it easy to check them without unscrewing any caps. If you decide to add brake or power steering fluid yourself, be sure and use a clean, unopened container to avoid contamination. Other important liquids to check regularly are your engine oil, transmission fluid, and coolant/antifreeze. Refer to your Hyundai owner’s manual for the correct change intervals. Or take your Hyundai down to our Service Dept. where our Hyundai-certified techs can do it all for you.
Clean up with a Great Deal at Rick Case Hyundai Duluth
As the number-one Hyundai dealership in Duluth, GA; serving the entire metro Atlanta area, Rick Case Hyundai is where you’ll clean up with exceptional savings on our entire inventory of new 2015 Hyundais. Find out how easy it is to put a brand-new Hyundai in that just-cleaned garage with special financing offers, manager markdowns, and manufacturer incentives that will save you money. And only Rick Case gives you a 10-year/100,000 mile nationwide warranty with 24-hr roadside assistance on every pre-owned vehicle we sell. Stop by our showroom, conveniently located at 3180 Satellite Blvd. NW, Duluth, GA 30096. For Sales, please call 888-552-8245. For Service, call 888-388-4863.