Planning your super football party already? Smart move, champ. There are only a few weeks left until U.S. Bank Stadium becomes the hip hotspot for football fanatics big and small. To kick off your party just right, consider adopting some of these party tips and recipes.
Create a Stadium for Food
If you build it, they will eat. This “Snack Stadium” is the perfect way to down a few (hundred) chips and not feel guilty about it. Read the directions here.
Keep Your Coffee Table Protected
The dining table isn’t suited for this “Big Game” atmosphere. Your guests are more likely to eat in the bathroom than in your dining room. That means your living room’s coffee table is going to get a lot of action on February 4th. To keep it clean, tape down some brown crepe paper or design a tablecloth that looks like a football field. That’ll keep the theme going.
Play Games During the Big Game
Your Springfield home may not look like an Atlantic City casino, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some competitive fun around the table. Create “Super Bowl Prop Pool” cards and invite your guests to beat the house.
For those guests who’d rather see a puppy commercial than a game-winning drive, a fun BINGO game might be a better option.
Cook All the Yummy Things
Now you’ve got to fill up the “Snack Stadium” so everyone can make a mess of your coffee table and play games with a full stomach. Great. Here are a few gameday recipes to try your luck at:
- Spicy Jalapeno Cheese Ball – Kick it up a notch with some fiery cheese shaped like a pigskin. How appropriate! Lace some mozzarella cheese at the top to show everyone you mean business.
- Big Game Guacamole – Serrano chilies and a smidge of hazelnut oil turn traditional guacamole into a super bowl of guaca-what-is-this-it’s-delicious-mole. You’ll want to eat this every day for the rest of your life.
- Pepperoni Pizza Knots – Butter biscuits, cheese, and pepperoni. That’s all you need to know. (Some marinara for dipping doesn’t hurt, though.)
- Chinese Five-Spice Chicken – If the weather holds out in Springfield, NJ—fingers crossed—you can light up the grill and cook these tasty pieces of poultry. Otherwise, preheat the oven!
- Super Bowl of Chili – There’s no better time to plow through a pot of chili than at your party. If you don’t have a go-to chili recipe, this one will find its way into your Rolodex. Call back often.
Drive Down the Field in a New Nissan
Once you’ve plowed your “Big Game” party into the end zone, it’s time to start thinking about the next game-winning drive you’ll take—from our Springfield Nissan dealership to your driveway. Browse our Nissan special offers to get an impressive discount on your new ride, whether that’s a 2018 Altima or a spacious Pathfinder.
Call Nissan World of Springfield at (973) 315-1177 to schedule a test drive. We proudly serve customers from the entire area, including Elizabeth, Plainfield, and Piscataway, NJ.
Sources & Photos: