Some of the things to do in Springfield, NJ are popping up just as the summer season is coming to a close and the fall season is making its glorious entrance. Bundle up in your coziest sweaters and venture outdoors to experience a couple (or all) of these fun Springfield fall events!
- Springfield Fall Festival and Car Show: On October 1st, from 11 am to 5 pm, take a trip to the Springfield Township Building for the annual Springfield Fall Festival and Car Show. This exciting street fair is completely catered to families and offers a variety of activities including pony rides, petting zoos, free bounce houses, and plenty of food vendors. Plus, there’s a classic car show offering cash prizes! The festival admission is free, so gather everyone up for a great family adventure. You may even spot a familiar Nissan World of Springfield face or two!
- The 33rd Annual Scandinavian Fest: Whether you want to celebrate your Scandinavian heritage, channel your inner Viking, or simply explore and learn about a culture with a rich history, make sure you don’t miss Budd Lake’s 33rd Annual Scandinavian Fest. The festival will be held on Sunday, September 3rd, from 10 am to 6 pm, and is also rain or shine. Don’t miss your chance to experience live music from all six of the Nordic regions, vendors, a variety of authentic foods, a reindeer petting zoo, and even a wife carrying contest (for real)!
- Monmouth Park Annual BBQ and Craft Beer Festival: Designated driver or not, you won’t want to miss Monmouth Park’s Annual BBQ and Craft Beer Festival over Labor Day Weekend (9/2 to 9/4). The gates open at 11:30 am each day of the event and continue until after the daily live horse races conclude, usually after 5 pm. Kids can enjoy free face painting, clowns, and bounce castles, while adults are welcome to enjoy delicious barbecue and over 40 craft beers in the beer garden. General admission is $5.00, and kids under 12 years old are always free.
- The 17th Annual Whippany Railway Museum Pumpkin Festival: On Sunday, October 1st, take a trip to the Whippany Railway Museum for their annual Pumpkin Festival from noon to 5 pm, rain or shine. Take a ride on the “Pumpkinliner” caboose train that departs from the Museum all throughout the event, and feel free to browse several fantastic craft and food merchants while you wait for your train. The festival even features a large collection of antique farm tractors as well as several kid-friendly “haunted house” decorations for picture-snapping opportunities. Tickets grand you admission to the Museum and access to the campus’s large-scale model trains, so be sure to plan to spend the entire day enjoying all of the fun at the Pumpkin Festival!
- Delicious Orchards’ 5th Annual Pumpkin Fest: On Monday, October 9th, head over to Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck, NJ from 11 am to 4 pm for yet another Pumpkin Fest. This family-friendly fall festival offers a whole host of entertaining activities like pumpkin decorating, an antique tractor display, free food samples, and much more. This festival is “rain or shine,” so no matter the weather, be sure to mark this NJ event on your calendar.
- The 91st Annual Hoboken Italian Festival: Looking for a chance to let your Italian pride shine through? Look no further than the 91st Annual Hoboken Italian Festival at Sinatra Park from September 7th to September 10th. Enjoy countless street vendors, fireworks, a day-long procession through the streets of Hoboken, and a massive feast day on Saturday that’s sure to soothe any cravings for authentic Italian food.
- The 3rd Annual Califon Classic Car Show: We already know car shows are up your alley, so head over to the 3rd annual Califon Classic Car Show at Califon Island Park on September 9th from 9 am to 2 pm. This Veterans Memorial fundraiser is calling for registrations of Muscle, Stock and Custom Trucks, and is seeking participants in their Best in Show, Open Class, and other prize-eligible contests. The car show is family-friendly and will also be offering music from a live DJs and multiple food and beverage vendors.
Nab a Fall Deal on a New Nissan in Springfield
If you’ve got enough things to do in Springfield this autumn, why not take a trip to our Nissan dealer near Elizabeth, NJ? With some fantastic specials on new Nissan vehicles available, such as the Rogue SUV or spacious Nissan Sentra, our Nissan World of Springfield dealership should be the first step to making your fall exciting.
Contact our Springfield auto dealer at (973) 315-1177 or visit us at 146 Route 22 West to view our available new Nissans and used cars for sale. We are conveniently located to best serve customers all around Springfield, NJ, including Plainfield and Piscataway.
Sources & Photos: