Making New Year’s Resolutions is a time-honored tradition as old as the hills (which are pretty darn old). While most everyone usually focuses on improving themselves by vowing to lose weight, reduce stress, eat healthier, or exercising more, have you ever thought about making some automotive-related New Year’s Resolutions for your Nissan?
Perhaps not. However, the start of the New Year is a great time to resolve to pay more attention to your Nissan. Regardless if it’s a brand-new 2017 Nissan you recently purchased at Nissan World of Springfield, or an older model that has a few miles on it, you want your Nissan to last for many New Years down the road.
So we thought we’d inspire you with the following 18 top New Year’s Resolutions for your Nissan.
Resolve To Maintain Your Nissan
Performing regular maintenance on your Nissan should be at the top of your 2017 Automotive New Year’s Resolution list. Here are some essential maintenance items you should vow to stay on top of in 2017:
- Read Your Owner’s Manual – When is the last time you pulled your Nissan Owner’s Manual out of the glovebox? It’s your go-to source for everything you need to know about caring for your Nissan in 2017. If you don’t have one, you can likely find one online.
- Oil & Transmission Fluids – Regularly changing your Nissan’s oil and tranny fluids is one of the most important things you can do to keep your Nissan running in tip-top shape throughout 2017 and beyond. Read your Owner’s Manual for the correct type of fluids and service intervals. Tip: Check your oil every time you fill up.
- Brake & Power Steering Fluids – It’s also a wise idea to regularly check these fluids, too. If you need to add fluids, use a clean and unopened container to avoid contamination.
- Empty The Trunk – Save fuel by carrying less weight in your Nissan’s trunk. Make a fresh start in 2017 by cleaning it out.
- Tires – You should check your Nissan’s tire pressure at least once a month. Many newer Nissans feature a handy Tire Pressure Monitoring System to alert you to low tire pressure. Or, you can quickly check the pressure yourself. Also, check for tread wear by inserting a penny upside down in the tread. If you can see the top of Lincoln’s head, resolve to consider buying a set of new tires. By the way, you’ll get some of the best deals on new tires in New Jersey at Nissan World of Springfield. These tires are also approved for your Nissan, so they’ll give you superior performance and wear.
- Battery – The extreme temperatures we experience in New Jersey sap the life out of car batteries. If you notice that your Nissan is getting harder to start, particularly in cold weather, take it to our Nissan World of Springfield Service Center for a complete electrical check. You can also clean corrosion off battery terminals with a stiff wire brush.
- Wipers – Wiper blades should be soft and pliable, not stiff. If your Nissan’s wiper blades need replacing, we can do that for you. We use Nissan OEM parts made especially for your Nissan. Wiper blades are also relatively easy to replace yourself.
- Air Filters – A dirty air filter will reduce your Nissan’s fuel economy and rob it of power. Your Nissan Owner’s Manual will show you how to inspect and replace both your air and cabin filters.
- Antifreeze/Coolant – Make sure that you have enough of the proper antifreeze by checking the plastic reservoir connected to your radiator. Be sure to do this with the engine cold so as to avoid injury.
- Belts & Hoses – Get under the hood of your Nissan and check your belts and hoses for wear. Look for shiny or frayed spots on belts and corrosion around where hoses connect to the radiator and engine block. Examine hoses for soft spots that indicate they are going bad from the inside.
- Brakes – If you notice that your Nissan’s brakes feel a bit “spongy,” if they pulsate or pull to one side, or if they make a constant high-pitched noise, please take them to our Nissan World of Springfield Service Department for a professional inspection by our factory trained service technicians.
- Appearance – Regular care of your Nissan’s exterior and interior will not only make you proud of your ride but protect your investment inside and out. Clean the undercarriage of salt buildup to reduce corrosion.
Resolve To Drive Smarter In 2017
- Slow Down – Pay attention to your speed and avoid “jackrabbit” starts. You’ll not only save more gas but maybe lower your stress level as an added bonus.
- Plan Ahead – Save time, gas, and money by planning out your errands rather than just hopping in your Nissan whenever you need something. Reducing the number of trips to the store can save you some cash by lowering your fuel costs.
- Review Your Car Insurance – Contact your auto insurance provider and request a review to ensure that you have the correct auto insurance before you need it.
- Avoid Dangerous Distractions – Most states ban the use of cell phone while driving for a good reason. Just taking your eyes off the road for even a few seconds can be deadly. If your Nissan is so equipped, benefit from such features as hands-free, voice-activated Bluetooth® to make and receive calls. But always pay attention to your driving.
- Don’t Drive Impaired – Sometimes even the best of us slip up every now and then. Resolve never to get behind the wheel of your Nissan while impaired. Remember that driving even a little buzzed can lead to a serious accident.
- Buckle Up – One of the simplest and most effective ways you can ensure your safety behind the wheel in 2017 is to fasten your seatbelts. Statistics overwhelmingly show that seatbelts save lives.
Resolve To Save On A New Nissan At Nissan World Of Springfield
We’re kicking off the New Year with exceptional savings on new 2017 Nissans for sale near Springfield, NJ. You’ll also get some great deals on our remaining inventory of 2016 Nissans for sale in New Jersey, as we to make room for new 2017 models.
If you are in the market for quality used cars for sale near Newark, NJ then let us show you how easy it is to put one of our premium Nissan Certified Pre-owned vehicles near New York in your driveway.
Stop by our Springfield, NJ Nissan dealership and celebrate the New Year with a sensational deal on a new Nissan. We’re conveniently located at 146 US-22, Springfield Township, NJ 07081. Or call us at 877-769-1438. To reach our Service Center, please call 888-892-5009.
Happy New Year from all of us at Nissan World of Springfield!