Nissan has an unwavering commitment to innovation—to making your drive smarter and safer, more intuitive and more comfortable. Technological advances are reflected in every Nissan vehicle, from the Sentra to the Rogue and well beyond the newest 2018 models. Whether you’re ready to buy a new Nissan in Red Bank, NJ for the first time or you’ve been a faithful Nissan driver for years, you’ve got to be wondering: what’s next?
When we talk about Nissan technology, we’re not talking about the distant future—we’re talking about here and now (and the very near future). Let’s take a look at what Nissan has cooking.
Nissan Intelligent Mobility
The automaker’s initiative to improve the roads starts with Intelligent Mobility, or the way we move from one tech to another. Nissan engineers are constantly pushing for advancement by understanding how future vehicles should be powered and driven, and how those vehicles should be incorporated onto our streets. And that understanding stems from Nissan’s safety systems.
Forward Collision Warning
Since 2013, your Nissan Rogue, for example, has been able to detect collision risks and react to them before you are even aware of the danger. This system monitors up to two cars ahead of your vehicle and warns you to slow your roll if an imminent slow-down or accident is obvious.
Intelligent Lane Intervention
Drifting out of your lane is dangerous, but distractions can happen to even the best drivers. This feature has been keeping Nissan drivers between the lines since 2007. Visual and audible signals let you know when you start to drift; if you don’t make the correction, the Intelligent Lane Intervention system will kick in to guide you back.
Blind Spot Warning
Change lanes safely and confidently, trusting your Nissan to let you know if there’s a vehicle hiding in your blind spot. The Blind Spot Warning System is available on the Altima, Murano, and other new Nissan models—as it should be.
Since 2010, Back-Up Intervention has been watching out for hidden obstacles behind you and braking so you can avoid hitting them. You can’t have eyes in the back of your head, so this is the next best thing.
Around View Monitor
Meanwhile, the Around View Monitor has been watching for objects all around Nissan cars since 2007, helping you avoid obstacles you might have missed while you were keeping an eye on traffic. Four cameras work together to give you a virtual bird’s eye view of your vehicle. Our Red Bank Nissan dealers love utilizing this feature in busy mall parking lots or during tailgating events, and you will too!
By monitoring the flow of traffic, your Nissan can help you maintain a safe distance between the car in front of you. You never know when traffic will come to a halt, so this feature can keep track of it all.
Other Nissan safety features include:
- Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
- Moving Object Detection (through Around View Monitor)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Cruise Control
The Future at Nissan
We’re talking bright, bold, and beautiful when it comes the next generation of Nissan. The Leaf is leading the way, but some other unique concepts aren’t far behind.
- 2018 Leaf: The 2018 Nissan Leaf is setting the standard for electric cars. The new Leaf features e-Pedal technology, allowing you to speed up, slow down, and brake with nothing but the accelerator. Improved aerodynamics allow that 30 kWh lithium-ion battery to carry you for more miles on a single charge; this third-generation battery charges more quickly than the earlier generations, too. RearView Monitor, hands-free phone, text messaging assistance, and more will all come standard.
- e-NV200: This functional commercial van, modeled after the acclaimed NV200 Compact Cargo, is fully electric with zero emissions. Until it’s available, try the NV200 SV, which gets an impressive 24 mpg during city driving. The available technology package includes RearView Monitor, Nissan Voice Recognition, and more.
- Vmotion 2.0: The Vmotion will offer a cutting-edge design with the latest in Nissan technology to create a sleek family sedan. Until it goes into production, you can enjoy the technology package on the Altima 3.5 SL, which features Intelligent Cruise Control and NissanConnect Services powered by Sirius XM.
When you’re ready to get behind the wheel of a new or certified pre-owned Nissan, visit our Nissan dealer near Marlboro, NJ. With so many exciting technological advances on the way to enhance your comfort and safety, now’s the time to join the Nissan family. Contact us at (732) 704-7860 if you’d like more information about the newest Nissan features or our new car specials. We’d love to welcome you for a test drive at Nissan World of Red Bank, NJ!
Sources & Photos: