The holidays season is here, and among the millions of Christmas lights placed around Columbus, there are nearly as many fun activities and Christmas events to plan for. Here is a list of some of the fun holiday events happening around Columbus, OH, in 2017. We hope you can get out and enjoy them!
- Village Lights — Enjoy the magic of the holidays as you shop and dine. Thousands of lights twinkle around you as you walk the historic streets of the German Village. A few special features include carolers, holiday music, and a Munich-inspired Striezelmarkt. Yum!
- WildLights — This 2017 holiday event, located at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, offers more fun than ever before! Millions of LED lights shine bright, holiday classics echo across the facility, and Santa and his reindeer can also be spotted around the zoo. Your whole family is sure to have a blast at this spectacular Columbus Christmas event.
- Downtown Holiday Lights — More than 320,000 lights will be plugged in around downtown Columbus and in the Commons. You can catch the light display from dusk until 11 p.m. through January 2, 2018, as well.
- Gardens Aglow — The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens puts on a great holiday event each year known as Gardens Aglow. You will be able to view elegant displays of poinsettias, seasonal foliage, and Christmas lights enhanced by modern architecture. Guests can also enjoy an annual gingerbread competition, the Paul Busse model garden railway, and other forms of entertainment. The theme this year is “Holiday Traditions.”
- Holiday Pops — This annual Columbus holiday event continues in 2017 as Ronald J. Jenkins leads the Columbus Symphony and Chorus as they sing the season’s most-loved holiday songs.
- Holiday Hoopla — It is known as “the granddaddy of all holiday shows.” The Holiday Hoopla is a mixture of sketch comedy and seasonal music that has been entertaining audiences in the Columbus area for a quarter of a century.
Fairs, Festivals & Other Columbus Holiday Events
- Ohio State House Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting — This Christmas event, held on December 7, features various holiday activities and food, such as caroling, refreshments, performances, and much more. Historical characters, including Santa, will be on hand to meet and greet guests. This event is free and open to the public.
- Columbus Winterfair — The Columbus Winterfair of Fine Art and Craft features more than 400 artists from across the country. Items on display and for sale include jewelry, ceramics, photographs, paintings, sculptures, and more. Aside from getting your special someone a new Mercedes-Benz for Christmas, these homemade pieces are the perfect holiday present. This fair runs from December 1-3.
- Dine with Santa — You can dine with Old Saint Nick at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium from December 9-10. Guests enjoy a kid-friendly meal with the jolly man himself, and children can also get their face painted and decorate Christmas cookies.
- Dickens of a Christmas — Charles Dickens’ vision comes to life at the Ohio Village through carols, decorations, and traditions inspired by his tales. Crafts and cooking demonstrations will be available, and guests can shop at P. Wylie’s Emporium for the perfect gift.
- First Night Columbus — This New Year’s Eve celebration held in downtown Columbus is fun for all ages. The event features fireworks, activities, and live entertainment. The celebration is safe and affordable for everyone, so grab your tickets today!
In addition to attending these fun Columbus events, you should also take a look at some of the amazing deals we are featuring on Mercedes-Benz sedans, coupes, and SUVs for sale. To ensure you have the happiest of happy holidays, the staff at our Columbus Mercedes-Benz dealership would love to show you around our showroom and help you cross off an item from your Christmas wish list.
Contact Mercedes-Benz of Easton at (614) 291-2007 or visit our sales team at 4300 Morse Crossing to view our selection of certified pre-owned luxury cars and all-new 2017 and 2018 Mercedes-Benz cars on sale. Have a wonderful holiday!
Sources & Photos: