The biggest night at Kansas Speedway is fast approaching, as NASCAR’s top drivers will be heading to Kansas City on May 11, one night after the NASCAR Gander Outdoors 250. While the 400-mile Night Race gets underway in the evening, it can be an all-day event for attendees. Here’s what to expect for the race and how to secure some cheap or free tickets to the Monster Series weekend.
NASCAR Kansas Speedway Schedule
First things first: let’s go over the logistics. The Kansas Speedway parking lots open at 11:30 am on Saturday morning, with the grandstand gates following at 3:00 pm. The drivers’ meeting starts at 4:30 pm and the pre-race concert is at 4:40 pm. You’ll know the race is getting closer when the driver introductions begin at 5:50 pm, which will then be followed by the race’s start at 6:30 pm.
Ticket Prices & Packages
Ticket prices start at $29 (youth) and go up to $139 if you’re looking for prime seats. If you’re interested in spending the weekend at Kansas Speedway, there are several ticket packages for you to choose from:
- The FanVision package includes two grandstand tickets and a FanVision rental with two headsets for $175.50, $92 off the regular price.
- The Scanner package bundles two grandstand seats with a racing electronics scanner rental with two headsets for $168, an $85 savings off the retail price.
- The Family 4-Pack offers two adult tickets and two youth tickets in select areas for $199, a $37 savings.
- The Weekend 2-Day Package gives you tickets for both the Gander Outdoors 250 on Friday and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race on Saturday. Prices range from $29 for youth tickets up to $199.
- The 2019 Season Grandstand package offers grandstand tickets for all races at Kansas Speedway this year, and it’ll set you back $58 for a youth ticket with a maximum price of $330 for VIP. Benefits include a pre-race pass to access the infield, a chance to drive your car on the track, season ticket holder parking, and the chance to win race-day upgrades, including garage tour passes.
Head here to purchase tickets and packages.
NASCAR Race Ticket Giveaways
If you’re feeling lucky, you can try to win tickets to both races on May 10 and 11.
KOWZ 100.9 FM is running a contest, giving away tickets for both races. All you must do is go to the Contests page on the station’s website to register, then listen to the KOWZ Morning Mix on Tuesday, April 30, to find out if you’re a winner.
KC Parent is also running a contest for tickets. The publication is including pre-race passes, valued at more than $800, as a prize. Simply click here and fill out the requested information to enter the contest. The deadline is May 6, so act fast!
Chevy Drivers to Watch
Some Chevy NASCAR drivers to keep an eye on in the race include Kurt Busch, Austin Dillon, Chase Elliott, and Jimmie Johnson. Those latter two, in particular, are Chevrolet drivers to watch; Johnson has three career Cup victories at Kansas Speedway, while Elliott won the Hollywood Casino 400 in October, the most recent Cup race held at the track. You can bet we’ll be cheering these Chevrolet drivers on!
All 2019 Races at Kansas Speedway
The Monster Energy Series isn’t the only race going on in Kansas City this year. Here’s a breakdown of the other Kansas Speedway races you can attend in 2019:
- May 10: NASCAR Gander Outdoors 250; Green flag at 7:30 pm
- May 11: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Night Race; Green flag at 630 pm
- October 18: ARCA Menards Series Championship Race; Green flag at 7:00 pm
- October 20: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400; Green flag at 1:30 pm
So, you have four chances to catch live racing at Kansas Speedway this year, but the highlight of the calendar at the track is the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Night Race coming up on May 11. Don’t forget it.
About McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet in Overland Park, KS
Serving shoppers and customers in Kansas City, Shawnee, and Leawood, our Overland Park car dealership is the area’s premier source for amazing prices on thousands of new Chevy models and used SUVs, trucks, vans, and cars. To test drive a vehicle or receive quality auto service, contact McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet at 913-649-6000 or visit us at 9201 Metcalf Ave in Overland Park, KS.