Heavy-duty truck drivers understand the importance of function as well as form, and the 2020 Chevy Silverado HD is ready to deliver. The new truck takes the features we love about the Silverado and builds upon them, giving drivers the towing power they need and the style they love. Chevy calls it “the strongest, most capable Silverado HD ever,” and here’s why:
All-New Engines (Woah, Nelly!)
With the Silverado HD 2500 or 3500, you’ll be given the choice between a 6.6L gasoline and Duramax turbo-diesel V8 engine. The changes for 2020 have led to improvements in performance over last year’s model, especially for those who need the amplified power for work or play. The 6.6-liter V8 specs are as follows:
- Paired with an upgraded 6-speed automatic transmission
- 401 horsepower
- 464 lb-ft of torque
- Direct Injection
- FlexFuel E85-capable
- Variable Valve Timing
- Ability to tow up to 17,400 pounds
- Mated with a new Allison 10-speed automatic transmission
- 445 horsepower
- 910 lb-ft of torque
- B20-Diesel compatible
- Ability to tow up to 35,500 pounds
Roomy & Rugged, Just The Way We Like It
Both inside and outside, the 2020 Chevy Silverado has more space for passengers and cargo.
The spacious interior will look familiar, but you can count on three extra inches of rear legroom. The crew cab with the standard bed has a wider wheelbase than the last model, resulting in more interior legroom and a longer bed: the pickup box is now six feet, 10.2 inches in length—an increase of 3.4 inches.
Need more space? Choose the long bed option, with eight feet, 2.3 inches. (Cabs can be regular, double, or crew.)
The bed is made of high-strength steel with a standard 12 tie-downs, LED lighting, a built-in 120-volt outlet, a larger corner step on the rear bumper, and a new step between the cab and the rear wheel. With lower bedside walls, you have more trailer clearance, as well.
Comfort, Safety, and More
The Advanced Trailering System features up to 15 camera views, and by superimposing the images from two cameras, you’ll get a view directly behind you—as if the trailer wasn’t there to block your vision. This makes for easier hitching and towing. The Suspension Package, with 51 mm twin tube shock absorbers and a 33 mm front stabilizer bar, ensures a smooth ride and easy handling even when towing a trailer.
Between bed, cab, chassis, and drivetrain, you have 22 possible combinations, with five configurations, five trim options, and a large selection of customization choices, the 2020 Chevy Silverado will be everything you’re looking for. This is a small selection of what is offered standard or available:
- Driver-selectable engine brake
- Automatic grade braking
- Trailer-sway control
- Integrated trailer-brake controller
- Illuminated towing mirrors
- Removable front air dam and skid plate
- Touch screen and gesture recognition
- Theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system
- Remote start and keyless entry
- Remote locking tailgate
- Teen Driver configuration feature (to encourage safe driving by limiting certain features)
- Forward collision alert
- Lane departure warning
- Snow Plow Prep Package, with power feed for additional lights, a 170-amp alternator, heavy duty front springs, and more
The new Chevy Silverado has a bold, powerful look—this is indisputable, even amongst critics.
- Car and Driver says it’s “…smart, burly [and has] upgraded powertrains, a beefier chassis, new styling, and a host of high-tech features up Chevy’s heavy-duty game.”
- At the Daily News, Christian Wardlaw wrote that “…the HD looks blunt and forceful, as though it shan’t be trifled with.”
Indeed. It’s a truck designed to do your heavy work for you—and to make it look as easy as possible.
2020 Silverado HD: Coming to a Chevy Dealer Near You This Summer
You can customize your Silverado 2500 or Silverado 3500 now, with deliveries to begin this summer! In just a few months, you could be hauling and towing in your 2020 Chevy Silverado HD.
If you can’t wait that long, take a look at the 2019 models available now at our Overland Park Chevrolet dealership. Thanks to our SEARCH SHOP SAVE program, you can shop thousands of Chevy models for sale, both new and used, and save a bunch of money in the process! Can’t beat that.
Contact McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet at 913-649-6000 if you have any questions about the new Silverado or to schedule a test drive in a 2019 Silverado.
Sources & Photos: