Did you know that Chevrolet is a major supporter of Operation Homefront? Like our very own Overland Park dealership’s commitment to the Kansas City community, Chevy is also doing its part to help military families in need. In fact, General Motors has a long history of supporting current and former military members. Whether it’s through supplies for new babies, backpacks for military children, or holiday meals, Chevrolet’s support of Operation Homefront is what makes this country great.
How Operation Homefront Helps
This national nonprofit organization assists active-duty service members and their families, newly discharged veterans, and the caretakers of Wounded Warriors. Their mission is to help military families thrive rather than just get by. Sometimes, all it takes to prevent that is a helping hand from someone who cares.
Operation Homefront provides that caring help through financial assistance and family support services, including:
- Food assistance for families that are struggling.
- Essential household items.
- Star-spangled baby showers to get the newest military family members off to a great start.
- Backpacks full of school supplies for over 350,000 military kids and counting!
- Vision care, including eye exams and contacts or glasses.
- Home renovations and car repairs.
- Help with travel and transportation expenses.
- Moving assistance during those all-too-common military transfers.
- Transitional housing, rent-free, for wounded veterans and their families.
- More than 500 mortgage-free homes for former or current military families through Homes on the Homefront.
Their support goes beyond physical and financial support. They also do what they can to enhance the morale of military families everywhere through various programs:
- The Hearts of Valor program provides some much-needed support to those who are caring for a Wounded Warrior.
- A yearly Gala recognizes outstanding military kids. One child from each military branch receives a new laptop, $10,000, and a trip to Washington, D.C. for recognition at a special ceremony.
- Holiday Meals for Military program that helps relieve some of the financial stress of trying to cook a holiday meal. This is especially helpful for military members who are far away from their extended families during the holidays.
Operation Homefront was founded in 2002 and has helped well over 100,000 military families since. About 92% of donations go directly to help service members and their families, which you can read more about at Guide Star’s site.
Chevy Truly Cares!
The Chevy Cares platform supports important community-focused programs wherever there’s Chevrolet presence. That includes disaster relief assistance, breast cancer research, youth sports, and, of course, Operation Homefront. GM also salutes our military heroes through Wreaths Across America, the Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Veterans, and the Achilles Freedom Team.
Chevy’s ongoing support also translates to an amazing Military Discount program, which McCarthy-Morse also proudly supports. All Active Duty members, Reservists, National Guard members, and Veterans, within three years of a discharge date, are eligible to receive huge savings on the newest Chevrolet models. (Military families are also eligible.) This includes special Chevrolet lease offers and low-APR financing deals.
For more information about our McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet Military Discounts, contact us at 913-649-6000. Located near Kansas City, our Chevy dealership in Overland Park serves all military members in the area. We’d be privileged to discuss all available savings, terms, and conditions so that you can drive away a happy camper.