Big NASCAR fan? So are we. The Hollywood Casino 400 is being held at the Kansas Speedway on October 21, 2018, and we can’t wait for the action to commence. The sixth race in the Xfinity Series Playoff, the 400 is sure to feature some aggressive driving from NASCAR’s stars.
Still, you’ll need to spend quite a lot on ticket packages for this NASCAR race in Kansas City—unless you follow our tips to get discounted, cheap, or even free Hollywood Casino 400 tickets!
- Verified college students can pay $30 for retail tickets priced at $74.
- Children younger than 12 are free.
- Youth tickets (13-18) are $29, albeit in specific segments.
- Win a NASCAR weekend package from KOWZ 100.9 FM by registering online, then listening to the KOWZ Morning Mix on Monday, October 1.
- Gamble at the Hollywood Casino between September 4 and October 19 to win a new truck, $16,000, or NASCAR race tickets.
- Check other local radio stations and news channels for opportunities to win free tickets.
Getting the most out of your trip, though, means going past finding cheap tickets. Here are some things to keep in mind as you make the decision to head to Kansas Speedway this October.
- There is no public transport to the speedway. If you don’t want to drive, you will have to get a tour package, which tends to be rather expensive. The speedway also warns that parking in the Legends shopping center across the street can be a problem, as you might have to wait a while to get across the street.
- If you have limited time or money, then sure, go on Sunday. But you’ll have much more fun taking in the entire weekend, starting with the ARCA race on Friday.
- Hotel room rates nearby range from $90 to well over $200 a night, but there are numerous good, mid-range hotels in the $100 to $150 range. An alternative for RV owners is to camp in the infield, but you have to buy a season pass to do so, and it only comes with two admissions. (You might be better off camping somewhere nearby and driving a smaller vehicle to the speedway.)
- The parking lot opens at 6:00 am on Sunday, and you really should get there earlier than that. It will be crowded and there will be long lines. If it’s possible to stay over until Monday, we recommend that, especially if you have a long drive back home. You might not be able to get out of the speedway until 7:00 pm or even later.
- If you are making this part of a longer vacation, then consider some local activities. If you’re into hunting and fishing, the Cabela’s Museum is a must (it’s only a couple of miles from the speedway and you can also stock up on camping necessities there). You can also go zip-lining, golfing, or to the nearby waterpark. Further away, Kansas City has a very good zoo.
- It’s the Hollywood Casino 400 for a reason. If gambling is your thing, the casino has table games, poker, slots, etc. It also has a steakhouse and a sports bar, both of which might be good dining options for Saturday night after the Kansas Lottery 300.
- October weather in Kansas City is typically pleasant—in the sixties or seventies—but it’s advised that you check the weather before the trip. Work out what you will do if the race does get a rain delay, which is always a risk.
- If “cheap” tickets are not your thing, there are optional extras. These include the pre-race pass, which lets you get to the drivers meeting and close to the pre-race concert. You can also get the Ignition Garage experience, which includes a guided tour of the garage, but at this point, you are starting to get into VIP levels. The top VIP package itself costs $500 and does not include your admission ticket. But it could be a once in a lifetime experience.
If you are going to the Hollywood Casino 400 this October, then look for ways to make the most of your visit, especially if you are traveling a good distance. Kansas City is a great place to visit, especially at this time of year, and has much to offer on top of the action on the track.
Need your own race car? While you can’t go NASCAR speeds on I-70, you can get some Chevy style with a Chevrolet Camaro or new Corvette—both of which are available for sale and lease at our Overland Park Chevy dealership. Come check them out, and be sure to grab your tickets to the Hollywood Casino 400 before they sell out.
Contact McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet at 913-649-6000 to schedule a test drive, or simply swing by our car lot at 9201 Metcalf Ave to browse our showroom.