If you haven’t already, you’ll soon be breaking out the skeletons, ghosts, and goblins to get your home ready for Halloween! At our new and used car dealership near Kansas City, KS, we understand how much fun it is to go that extra mile on October 31st. In honor of all the car enthusiasts in the Kansas City area, we’ve compiled a list of exceptionally unique jack-o-lantern ideas and cheap car costumes—yes, we’re talking about outfits for your vehicle—that will show everyone in the neighborhood just how much you love life on four wheels.
Keep reading to learn how you can dress up your front door and your car for Halloween in Kansas City.
Insanely Awesome Pumpkins
Carving a jack-o-lantern is a very important part of Halloween. Car enthusiasts from KC to Shawnee will agree that these jack-o’-lanterns are a cut above the rest (and many of these templates can be found online):
- Chevy Corvette (above). If you’re good with pumpkin-carving tools, make it a goal to make a DIY jack-o-lantern design for your favorite muscle car. Just remember to post a picture and collect your likes and upvotes!
- Classic VW Van. The iconic van is right at home under the starry Halloween sky, and this cheery pumpkin will look very welcoming on your front step with its large, round, glowing headlights and numerous windows. (Source)
- Checkered Flags. Racing fans will go crazy for a jack-o-lantern adorned with checkered flags. Carve the flags alone or add a race car into the mix. (Source)
- Pumpkin Train Station. Part jack-o-lantern, part toy, this DIY train depot is both fun to make and play with! Check out the instructions online at preschoolpowolpackets.blogspot.com.
Wonderfully Wicked Car Costumes
Turn Halloween up a notch this year with a costume for your car. Trick-or-treaters and Halloween guests will get a kick out of your unique decor. Get creative with your designs, or take a cue from this list of sensational getups (please remember that these costumes are meant for stationary vehicles):
- Baseball Cap. Show your Kansas City Royals spirit by adorning your car with its very own baseball cap. A customized umbrella displaying the “KC” logo would make this costume a snap (shown above in Harry Caray/Chicago Cubs regalia).
- Ghost. A large white cover with cutouts for the headlights and grill creates a ghostly apparition on Halloween night.
- Spider Web. Your car becomes prey for a terrifying, gigantic spider in this costume. Cover the car with stretchy spider webs (cotton), then top it off with a big, hairy arachnid (pipe cleaner and cardboard).
- Monster Mouth. Pop open the trunk and create a cavernous monster mouth. Add some teeth to the open trunk door and drape a red bathroom carpet from the bottom of the trunk for a tongue. For extra fun, place your candy dishes inside the monster’s mouth and make those trick-or-treaters in Kansas City reach in for a tasty treat!
Halloween is the perfect time to show off your personality, isn’t it?
Trick-or-Treat for Halloween Chevy Deals in Overland Park
At McCarthy/Morse Chevrolet, we are set to offer a variety of Halloween Chevy specials on the newest Chevy models and other pre-owned vehicles. Come take a test drive in any of our new or used cars for sale before Hallows’ Eve, and celebrate the holiday in spooktacular style. That’s right—when you trick-or-treat at our Chevy dealership near Kansas City and Leawood, you’ll always get delicious treats, with no tricks.
Contact us at (913) 440-0099 or simply visit us in Overland Park, KS at 9201 Metcalf Ave. Happy Halloween!
Sources & Photos: