With its quiet and spacious interior that accommodates up to eight, expansive cargo room, and vibrant entertainment system, the Chevrolet Suburban has been a favorite full-size SUV among families here in Kansas City and across the country. With updates to some styling options and a slew of new safety technology, the newest 2017 Chevy Suburban is now even more of a must-have people hauler.
Changes to the Suburban’s Style
To update the exterior color, the 2017 Chevrolet Suburban deleted Slate Grey, Green Envy, Sable, and Brownstone as paint options; these colors are now replaced by the more attention-getting Pepperdust and Blue Velvet. All trims get 22-inch Silver wheels and the option to upgrade to premium wheels with seven spokes. The Suburban Premier trim adds the optional 22-inch Ultra Bright aluminum wheels finished in Bright Silver. Handy black cross rails for the roof are now part of the Texas Edition and All-Season packages, as well.
Active Aero Shutters on the front grille are as functional as they are fashionable; at low speeds, they remain open to engulf air and keep the engine cool. At highway speeds, these shutters close to improve aerodynamics and fuel economy.
Teen Driver Tech
When you hand off the keys to Junior or Missy, you won’t have to worry about how they’re getting along. Not when you have Teen Driver mode taking your place as instructor. As an update to the MyLink infotainment system, Teen Driver is a great help to parents.
- This safety feature encourages good driving behavior by allowing you to limit the Suburban’s maximum speed limit and audio volume.
- It also turns on all the SUV’s safety features, which cannot be turned off without your PIN.
- After every trip, you’ll know how your teen drove by examining an in-vehicle report card that reveals such data as distance, maximum speed, antilock brake events, and Forward Collision Alerts, among others.
- This feature is not available in the Ford Expedition, which also continues to leave out such standards as Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, and built-in Wi-Fi.
- All this technology is also part of the Tahoe as well as many other Chevrolet models. Just ask about Teen Driver-enabled models at our Chevy dealership near Kansas City, KS.
When you’re going cross-country with a crowd of kids in the back, you’ll be grateful for the Rear Seat Entertainment System in the 2017 Chevy Suburban, which has been overhauled to make long trips feel shorter.
- If your passengers have visual or hearing impairments, they’ll still be in on any video action with the new voiceover feature embedded into the Suburban’s entertainment software.
- The old-fashioned RCA audio and video jacks, as well as the SD card slot, have been removed. Replacing them are HDMI ports that allow an attached personal device to project high-quality video and audio on in-vehicle screens. Fancy.
- If you prefer to project media wirelessly on the SUV displays, you can use the newly added Digital Living Network Alliance. Fancy times two.
- Crisp-sounding digital headphones replace the discontinued rear accessory headsets.
Also added to the back of the entertainment console is a second USB port so you can charge devices, such as an Apple iPad or smartphone.
New Tech Additions
The LT and Premier trims of the 2017 Chevrolet Suburban get Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking (if ordered without Adaptive Cruise Control). This safety feature also comes with the Enhanced Driver Alert Package of the 1LS trim. To prevent accidents, this system applies the brakes automatically if it detects a potential collision with another vehicle.
Rounding out the tech additions is the App Shop and Rear Seat Reminder with customization. The App Shop is available for owners to buy additional software for the infotainment system. Rear Seat Reminder does exactly what the name implies: it reminds you to check the back seat before you leave the vehicle, so you don’t accidentally leave something (or someone) unattended when you head into work at your Leawood office.
Test Drive a 2017 Chevy Suburban in Kansas City
When you’re ready to test out the 2017 Chevy Suburban around Kansas City or Shawnee, KS, make an appointment at McCarthy/Morse Chevrolet. As your premier Overland Park car dealership, we proudly offer various Chevy deals on the Silverado and many other new Chevrolet models and used cars for sale. So, shop McCarthy/Morse Chevy and make your life more interesting in a new ride.
Contact us at (913) 440-0099 or visit our Overland Park Chevy dealership at 9201 Metcalf Ave to get behind the wheel of the new 2017 Suburban.
Sources & Photos: