It’s understandable to worry about the idea of buying a Certified Pre-Owned Chevy (CPO) vehicle, even from manufacturers known for reliability as Chevrolet or GM. That’s where the certified part of CPO comes in. GM’s CPO program guarantees a high level of quality and support you won’t find with a typical used vehicle from a private seller or independent dealer. And as one of the best used Chevy dealers near Kansas City, we at McCarthy/Morse Chevrolet are proud to offer an additional layer of support for all of our customers, as you’ll see once we hand over the keys to your certified used vehicle.
To clear up the worries you might have, here are the 6 best reasons to buy a Certified Pre-Owned Chevy or GM vehicle:
- Chevy/GM CPO status is not given lightly. Certified pre-owned isn’t a fancy synonym for “used car.” Only certain Chevrolet, GMC or Buick vehicles that are within the current year plus 5 model years to qualify for that “certified” status. All vehicles must also read less than 75,000 miles on the odometer and have a clean title. If a car passes those basic requirements, it is then subjected to a rigorous cleaning and reconditioning process to get it as close to the look and feel of a new vehicle as possible. Far more than simply cleaning up a used car and putting it on the lot, the CPO advantage means not having to worry about many of the hidden automotive issues that you can’t immediately diagnose at a cheap used car dealership.
- There’s a free CARFAX Vehicle History Report for all prospective customers. Buying a CPO car means getting a full report on the vehicle from our used car dealership in Overland Park, as well as free access to a CARFAX report. You’ll have access to total loss/accident history, accident indicators, recall information, private or business usage tracking, and more. You get all of the details on the vehicle you’re interested in, so you can make the most informed decision possible. If it doesn’t feel right to you, simply move on to another CPO model that matches your standards, no questions asked.
- Two warranties, worth $2,800, come standard with CPO status. The primary 6-Year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty gives you peace of mind for years to come. And in the shorter term, each certified pre-owned Chevy or GM vehicle now comes standard with a 12-month/12,000-Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty.
- An exclusive CPO Scheduled Maintenance Program provides 2 years or 24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance at our certified GM dealership. This includes oil and filter changes, tire rotations, and multi-point inspections to make sure your CPO vehicle stays running strong and driving safely. We believe that buying CPO isn’t just the car you drive off the lot; it’s a contract between customers, our dealership, and GM to guarantee a long, high-quality driving experience.
- The 3-Day/150-Mile Vehicle Exchange Program gives you the extra room to apply the value of your CPO Chevy/GM to another available vehicle at our Overland Park dealership. It’s the perfect solution if you’re worried about having second thoughts about your choice.
- 24/7 roadside assistance and courtesy transportation is available for your entire bumper-to-bumper warranty period. Contact your dealer for more information on the specific roadside services we can provide.
Now that you know a bit more about the major advantages of going CPO, the next step is to check out the incredible selection of models at our new and used car dealership in Overland Park. With a wide range of Chevy and GM CPO models and other high-quality used cars for sale, as well as an expert staff that knows our inventory inside and out, you’ll have no problem finding the right car or truck for you.
Family owned since 1928, it’s our pleasure to hold a high standard of service that makes us proud to say, “Kansas City Drives McCarthy”! Contact us at (913) 440-0099 today to schedule a test drive in one of our new or certified pre-owned GM or Chevy vehicles. We serve all or KC, including Shawnee, Leawood, and Overland Park, KS.