Fresh off the line, the all-new 2018 Chevrolet Camaro is setting up to be the next big thing. Carrying on the tradition of being one of America’s finest performance vehicles, the newest Camaro now comes in a refreshed ZL1 trim for both coupe and convertible body styles—and our Chevy dealer near Kansas City is excited to have both in the Chevrolet family. Here’s what you need to know about the 2018 Camaro ZL1.
The ZL1 is equipped with a heart-racing 6.2L supercharged V8 that delivers 650 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. Perhaps that’s the reason why it scorched the Nürburgring track with a record 7:16:04 time. It’s also married to a standard 6-speed manual (and a short throw shifter), though an 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifting is also available.
Other noteworthy standard Camaro ZL1 features include the following:
- Magnetic Ride Control™ – monitors each wheel independently and adjusts the suspension to provide the smoothest ride possible
- Head-Up Display – projects important information onto the windshield, right within the driver’s line of sight
- Bose® Premium Sound System – includes nine speakers and enough decibels to drown out the engine roar
- Brembo® Performance Brakes – has red-painted calipers on both the 6-piston front brakes and 4-piston rear brakes
- Upgraded 8” Color Touch Screen – pairs with Chevy MyLink® to play Bluetooth calls and music, Apple CarPlay™, and Android Auto™
- RECARO® Ventilated Front Seats – offers three separate levels of fan circulation to keep you and your passengers chill, even when flying around a turn
- Heated Steering Wheel – just tap a button, and the steering wheel will heat up your palms on those chilly Kansas City mornings
- Wireless Charging Pad – keep your smartphone topped off at 100% without clumsy cables and cords
The ZL1 1LE Track Performance Package is new to the lineup, and it includes 19” low-gloss aluminum wheels, darkened tail lights, a black hood wrap, rear bench seat, and more. Several standard safety features are also included, such as Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Park Assist, OnStar® services, and Teen Driver.
Find Your Ideal 2018 Camaro at Our Chevy Dealership near Independence, MO
Although the 2018 Camaro ZL1 gets all the attention, there are a variety of other trims available for lease or purchase, including the base Camaro 1LS that features a vigorous 275-hp 2.0L Turbo engine. Any thrill-seeking driver would do well behind the wheel of the 2018 Camaro, whether it’s the 1LS or ZL1.
Head over to McCarthy Chevrolet in Lee’s Summit to start your love affair with the all-new Chevrolet Camaro. As a premier new and used car dealer in Lee’s Summit, we also gladly offer amazing Chevy specials on both new and pre-owned Camaros! Contact us at (816) 875-4678 to schedule a test drive or simply visit our car dealership at 945 SE Oldham Parkway to view our roster of new Chevy models for yourself.
Sources & Photos: