June 23, 2016
Redesigned to hit the road in style, the new 2016 Chevy Malibu may just win this year’s Most Improved award. No longer dismissed as just another sedan, the Malibu now sports a modern interior, lengthier frame, and leaner 1.5L turbo-four, ultimately putting its past naysayers squarely in place. Chevy is rewriting the history books with its latest midsize sedan, and we like the way the future is unfolding.
If you’re looking to buy a Chevy Malibu near Kansas City, we welcome you with open arms to McCarthy Chevrolet of Olathe, one of KC’s most prestigious dealerships. Stop in to test drive Chevy’s newest darling, the 2016 Malibu, and we promise you won’t be disappointed.
The Malibu Redefines Comfort
With just over two inches added to the Malibu’s length, you’d think it wouldn’t be noticeable. That’s what we thought. But once you open the door and slide into the well-appointed seats of this midsize car, you’ll discover you’re dead wrong. Continue Reading →
May 23, 2016
The line between hype and hip can sometimes be indiscernible. Self-driving cars? Probably hip. 3D TVs? Total hype. Hashtags? #stillhip. Shake Weights? Not so much.
But however invisible the line, there’s a reason why trends like flannel shirts tied around waists, fauxhawk haircuts, and MySpace became popular: they were cool at the time. And while your dad will always be hip in his own way, he may need a little help catching up to the times.
Help him stay on the right side of history with these probably-hip gifts for Father’s Day 2016, compiled by your friends at McCarthy Chevrolet in Olathe.
10. Siva Cycle Atom Bicycle-powered Charger
Photo credit: Sivaisenergy.com
Renewable. Sustainable. Environmentally friendly. Terms so trendy you might as well ship them off to Amsterdam to open up a gluten-free muffin shop.
But at Siva Cycle, these terms aren’t viewed as fads to be thrown out with the bathwater. Instead, they’re emblematic to the heart and soul of a company that seeks to change how the world utilizes technology. Continue Reading →
April 20, 2016
The Chevrolet Silverado has been tackling America’s toughest jobs for more than 20 years. The worthy heir to Chevy’s rugged C/K lineup of trucks stretching back to 1975, the new 2016 Chevy Silverado continues Chevy’s proud heritage of building some of the toughest and most dependable full-size pickups on the road today.
The Silverado comes in several distinct models, including the 1500, the 2500HD and the 3500HD. Each model number denotes performance and payload capacities with the “HD” standing for “Heavy Duty.”
If you need a solid all-around pickup truck that can tackle a wide range of jobs, the 2016 Chevy Silverado from McCarthy Chevrolet in Olathe gets it done with just the right combination of performance, fuel efficiency, and style. Continue Reading →
March 10, 2016
Here at McCarthy Olathe Chevrolet, your preferred new and used car dealership in Olathe, KS,we’re crazy about supporting our Jayhawks. So we’re taking an opportunity to profile the Jayhawks’ chances to go all the way this season and capture the 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship to be held this year at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Veteran Squad Impresses
Once again veteran coach, Bill Self, has put together a talented squad who looks forward toward a deep run in the NCAA Tournament. One of this year’s top-ranked teams, the Jayhawks are once again dominating the Big 12 and look to earn their 12th straight Big 12 Conference championship with a powerful lineup led by senior forward, Perry Ellis. Despite a couple of injuries, Ellis still continues to be an offensive force, leading Kansas in scoring with a 16.5 ppg average. He also is the team’s top rebounder with a 6.3 rpg. He’s one of two players in the Big 12 to rank in the top seven players in both scoring and rebounding.
Ellis is complemented by junior guard Wayne Seldon, Jr. A member of the 2014-2015 Big 12 Championship All-Tournament team, Seldon gives the ‘Hawks a solid starter who can both run the point and score. He’s a potent outside threat with a third-best league 3-point percentage. He’s joined in the backcourt by junior guard Frank Mason III, who’s scoring 13.3 points per game in the two position when Seldon moves to the three. A defensive threat, Mason has a team-high 37 steals. Continue Reading →
February 9, 2016
There are a lot of things to love about living in the greater Kansas City area. So what better time to explore our undying affection for this magnificent modern Midwestern metropolis than on Valentine’s Day? Your friends here at your local Olathe Chevy dealer, McCarthy Chevrolet, have come up with some of our favorite reasons for loving Kansas City. What are yours?
1. We Love KC’s Beautiful Scenery
Kansas City is a verdant wonderland of lush greenery, numerous parks, wide boulevards, and fountains – lots of them. In fact, if you didn’t already know that Kansas City is also called “The City of Fountains,” then you’ll be amazed to learn that the area boasts more than 200 bubbling expressions of aquatic beauty. That’s more than Rome, by the way. Continue Reading →
January 11, 2016
2016 has arrived, and that means we’re turning the page on a New Year and many exciting new activities and events here in Kansas City. As your hometown used car dealer in Olathe, KS, we here at McCarthy Olathe Chevrolet are looking forward to enjoying the many fun things to see and do in Kansas City from January through March of 2016. Here’s a list of some of the many special events and activities you should put on your “can’t miss” list.
The magnificent Crown Center is the place for KC’s largest outdoor ice rink. This popular attraction offers tons of skating fun for people of all ages.
Kansas City Restaurant Week, Jan. 15 – 24
Kansas City is rapidly rising on the national culinary scene with many outstanding restaurants serving everything from steak and sushi to ribs and ratatouille. If you are hungry for some genuine dining bargains, dozens of our fine restaurants offer special prices and a wide variety of menu choices during this special week.
“Cinderella” performed by The Russian National Ballet Theatre, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Jan. 14
The much-acclaimed Russian National Ballet Theatre performs this enchanting ballet based on the timeless children’s fairy tale.
Marvel Universe LIVE! Jan. 14 – 17
The incredible superheroes of the Marvel Universe take over the Sprint Center for a fantastic four nights of supercharged excitement.
Midori in Concert at the Kauffman Center, Jan. 15 – 17
The dazzling international violin sensation Midori performs selections from Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, and Bersnstein. Continue Reading →
November 24, 2015
Today more than ever, car buyers are looking to hang on to more of their cash by purchasing fuel-efficient automobiles. As a world leader in fuel-efficient technology, Chevrolet offers an outstanding lineup of gas-saving vehicles for 2016. As your local Chevy dealership in Kansas City, McCarthy Chevrolet of Olathe, KS gives you many choices when it comes to purchasing a new fuel-efficient 2016 Chevy. Here are some of the best new fuel-efficient cars Chevy has to offer in 2016.
2016 Chevy Spark
Updated for 2016, the all-new Chevrolet Spark delivers a winning combination of hip urban flair, advanced technology, and gas-sipping fuel economy that takes your lifestyle further. The Spark’s peppy 1.4-liter ECOTEC® dual overhead cam inline 4-cylinder gas engine with an available continuously variable transmission gets an impressive EPA-estimated 40 mpg on the highway, letting you pass up those filling stations with ease. The Spark also fuels your desire for the latest technology, with 4G LTE WI-FI connectivity and Chevy’s comprehensive MyLink® suite of communication, audio, navigation, and smartphone functions. Continue Reading →
October 7, 2015
Fall is a great time of year here in Olathe, and throughout the greater Kansas City community. From football and baseball to Halloween, musical events, and festivals, there are plenty of activities for the entire family to enjoy.
At your hometown Chevrolet dealer in Olathe
, KS, your friends at McCarthy Chevrolet mapped out some of the many fall events and activities happening all over our area that your family won’t want to miss.
A ghoul welcomes patrons to the “Edge of Hell” haunted house in Downtown KC. Photo credit: EdgeofHell.com
- A ghoul welcomes patrons to the “Edge of Hell” haunted house in Downtown KC. Photo credit: EdgeofHell.com
- “The Beast” and “Edge Of Hell” Haunted Houses, Downtown KC thru Nov. 7 – Rated one of America’s “top 13” haunted houses, The Beast, an annual KC Halloween tradition for 41 years, returns scarier than ever. The Edge of Hell in West Bottoms opened in 1975 and was the first large-scale haunted house in continuous operation.
- “Zombie Attack” At Paradise Park Family Fun & Adventure, thru Oct. 31st – Paradise Park is overrun with ghoulish zombies, and they need your help. Battle zombies with advanced laser weapons as you wind your way through danger at every corner.
- Halloween Haunt at Worlds of Fun thru Oct. 31st – Kansas City’s ultimate fun park takes on a terrifying twist as ghouls, goblins, zombies, and all manner of frightful creatures take over the park.
- Ft. Leavenworth Haunted Tour, Oct. 17 – 24 – Take a 90-minute tour of Ft. Leavenworth and enjoy ghost tales and unexplainable sightings that trick the imagination.
Scenes from past “Phantom’s Feasts” at the KC Renaissance Festival. Photo credit: Phantom’s Feast KC Facebook page
- Scenes from past “Phantom’s Feasts” at the KC Renaissance Festival. Photo credit: Phantom’s Feast KC Facebook page
- Phantom’s Feast at the KC Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs, Oct. 23 – 31 – Only a brave few will be allowed to participate in this ghoulish dining experience. Wind your way down a torch-lit path to the Feast Hall (if you make it, of course) and enjoy a five-course meal and unusual performances that border on the bizarre.
- Celebrate Olathe Fall Fest at the Olathe Community Center, Oct. 23 – Join your friends and neighbors for a “frightfully” fun evening of games, activities and a free showing of the movie “Hocus Pocus.”
- Hippie Glow Run at Arrowhead Stadium Oct. 23rd – Get your glow sticks and get ready for a unique and totally psychedelic event, presented by “The Night Run.” It’s a glow-in-the-dark party with music and a fun run.
- Stars Of American Ballet at The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Oct. 23 – Some of America’s most talented ballet artists from the New York City Ballet and other elite companies perform Jerome Robbins’ classic 1940s “Fancy Free” ballet, about sailors on leave in New York during WWII.
Participants get the Making Strides against Breast Cancer 5K Underway. Photo Credit: ACSevents.org
- Participants get the Making Strides against Breast Cancer 5K Underway. Photo Credit: ACSevents.org
- Making Strides against Breast Cancer Kansas City 5K Walk at Crown Center, Oct. 24 – Join this celebration of survivorship and participate in raising funds to find a cure for breast cancer. This premier event kicks off at The Crown Center and is your opportunity to contribute to this worthy cause.
- “Boo at the Zoo,” Kansas City Zoo, Oct. 24 – Kids will enjoy trick or treating throughout the Zoo with Halloween-themed activities and entertainment, along with a “boneyard graveyard.”
- Annual Fall Muster At Historic Fort Osage, Oct. 24 – Located in nearby Sibley, Missouri, Ft. Osage was founded by explorer William Clark in 1808. Re-enactors in authentic period costumes take visitors back in time to when Ft. Osage began preparing for the War of 1812 against Great Britain.
- Arrival of the Mayor’s Christmas Tree at Crown Center, Nov 5 – The magnificent 100-ft Christmas Tree arrives at Crown Center to herald the start of the holiday season.
- Annual UMKC Conservatory Fundraiser at The Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts, Nov 6 – This spectacular musical event features music and dance performed by the Conservatory’s students and faculty. There is a special patron cocktail party and dinner at Brandmeyer Hall.
- Crown Center Ice Terrace Grand Opening, Nov. 6 – This popular holiday tradition returns to the Crown Center for its 43rd season with the opening of KC’s only public outdoor skating rink. Enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate and free skating on Opening Day
- The Kansas City Symphony performs live. Photo credit: KCsymphony.org
- Screenland at The Symphony: Star Trek 2009 at The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Nov. 12 -14 – The Kansas City Symphony boldly goes where no other symphony has gone before. Thrill to J.J. Abrams’ 2009 movie blockbuster “Star Trek” on the giant Helzberg Hall screen as the Symphony performs the movie’s stirring score live.
- Santa Arrives at The Crown Center, Nov. 27 – Be on hand as St. Nick arrives in a horse-drawn carriage direct from the North Pole to spread joy for all girls and boys. Perry the Penguin, “Tip” from Crayola® and other costumed characters will welcome Santa as he makes his way to Crayola® Christmas Land.
- “Ginormous” Gingerbread House Party at Paradise Park Family Fun & Adventure Nov. 28 – Dec. 31 – Head down to Paradise Park and experience this awesomely huge interactive Gingerbread House. There will also be holiday music, indoor snow, and lots more fun for the entire family.
Savings Are Always a Special Event at McCarthy Chevrolet in Olathe
Fall is a great time to save at McCarthy Chevrolet. Take advantage of special offers and incentives on our entire lineup of new 2015 Chevy cars and trucks. You’ll save even more on our top quality Certified Pre-Owned Chevrolet
inventory. Stop by our Chevy dealership in Olathe, Kansas, conveniently located at 675 N. Rawhide Road, Olathe, KS 66061
. For sales, please call (877) 460-5408, or for service, call (877) 460-5939.
September 17, 2015
As your hometown Olathe, Kansas Chevy dealership, McCarthy Chevrolet Olathe proudly introduces the bold, exciting, and exceptional 2016 Chevy Traverse midsize SUV.
Loaded with an array of thoughtful features and featuring best-in-class cargo capacity, the 2016 Traverse delivers exceptional value. Automotive writers and reviewers have lots of good things to say about the new Traverse. Take, for example, Kirk Bell, Editor of TheCarConnection.com. Here’s what he has to say about Chevy’s versatile midsize SUV:
“The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse is a large crossover that’s nearly as roomy as the truck-based Chevy Tahoe and Suburban SUVs, but it offers friendlier driving traits thanks to its car-type platform,” notes Bell.
“The Traverse remains one of the most spacious, passenger-friendly vehicles on the market, and it’s a great choice for those who have disowned minivans. The Traverse’s primary mission is people-moving, so GM has made the most of the seating space. Over three rows, there’s space for up to eight occupants, with the seats divided into two front buckets and two 60/40-split benches,” he adds. Continue Reading →
August 4, 2015
Summer will be gone before you know it, and what better way to make use of these last few weeks than a road trip? From sea to shining sea, our beautiful country offers a wonderland of exciting, breathtaking, and fun adventures.
Of course, the old slogan “See the USA in Your Chevrolet!” is still as valid today as it was when Dinah Shore sang it so many years ago. An award-winning 2015 Chevrolet from McCarthy Chevrolet, your hometown Chevy dealership in Olathe, Kansas, is still the ultimate vehicle for your all-American summer road trip. We’ve found three exceptional summer road trip destinations for you to consider. So pack your bags and let’s go!
Photo credit: Ken Barber, Getty Images (via National Geographic)
Dinosaur Diamond Prehistoric Highway
Looping through the western edge of Colorado and into eastern Utah, this remarkable journey takes you millions of years back in time, giving you the opportunity to see a variety of dinosaur fossils that are more than 150 million years old. You’ll also experience stunning vistas, spectacular mountains, flowing rivers, and remarkable geologic formations along the route’s 31-mile scenic loop.
Your adventure into Dinosaur National Monument begins in the aptly named town of Dinosaur just over the Colorado state line which is located on US 40. You’ll get your bearings at the park’s visitor center before heading west on US 40 toward the Dinosaur Quarry near the small town of Jensen, Utah. Stop in and discover many displays of thousands of dinosaur fossils. Continuing on your way, you’ll come to the town of Vernal. This is where you’ll encounter 18 life-sized dinosaur models at the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park. Be sure and take plenty of selfies with the “Utahraptor” at this gargantuan exhibit. There are many other exhibits to enjoy at this location.
Vernal is also the starting point for the Ashley National Forest along US 191. You’ll rise up through the 9,100-foot Indian Creek pass and experience massive cliffs before dropping down to the small town of Helper, home to the Western Mining and Railroad Museum. A short drive further down the road lands you at the town of Price, where you’ll find the Utah State University Eastern Prehistoric Museum. Continue Reading →