Following in the footsteps of the highly acclaimed 2018 SUV, the 2019 Chevy Traverse offers a combination of features designed to give you the smoothest ride possible and a reason to leave the house. If you’re in the market for a midsize SUV in Kansas City, here are four reasons why the 2019 Chevy Traverse should be at the top your list.
There’s a reason the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the 2019 Traverse a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for safety. The new Traverse is available with a suite of technological enhancements that keep you secure. Some advanced safety features available on the 2019 model include:
- Forward Collision Alerts and Automatic Braking – Continuous monitoring of the front of the Traverse alerts you when there is the potential for a collision. If a collision with a car or pedestrian is imminent at speeds below 50 MPH, the brakes will automatically engage.
- Rear Traffic Monitoring and Parking Assist – Sensors in the rear of the vehicle track what’s behind you, alerting you to dangers whenever you’re in reverse.
- Lane Change Monitoring – Change lanes with confidence as you’ll receive warnings on your side mirrors if there are hazards present in your blind spot.
- Surround Vision – At low speeds, four cameras will allow you to see a 360 representation of your Traverse and its surroundings, making parking a breeze.
These available features allow you to be more confident than ever before when driving around Kansas City, even during rush hour.
The 2019 Traverse follows the 2018 model to provide you with the versatility and high-grade performance you want out of a midsize SUV.
First, it’s got a supremely powerful engine. A mighty 3.6L V6 engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive, enabling strong get-up-and-go under the most challenging driving conditions.
The Traverse is also exceptional with regards to traction control. Whether you’re towing a heavy load—the Traverse can haul up to 5,000 pounds—or venturing out into off-road conditions, the Traverse offers a traction control mode to enhance your ride. Switch modes with the turn of a dial to optimize performance for exactly the environment you’re in.
The Traverse’s stop-start engine improves performance in stop-and-go driving conditions, including Kansas City driving, by halting the engine when idling. As a bonus, this feature improves fuel economy and significantly reduces vehicle emissions, allowing you to be both economically and ecologically conscious.
In redesigning the Traverse, Chevy added an extra three inches of legroom for passengers in the second row, making the back roomy enough for passengers of all shapes and sizes. The Traverse’s cabin is one of the biggest in its class and fits eight people with ample room to spare. Other comfort-enhancing features include:
- Finely-tuned transmission for a smooth ride under all conditions
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Separate rear climate control
- Noise-reduction to reduce traffic and wind noises even at highway speeds
These features merge to create what critics call “top-notch ride quality and pleasant seats in all three rows.”
One of the main reasons to seek out an SUV is a need for extra storage space. The Traverse delivers that storage space in spades while also ensuring all open areas are easily accessible.
The 2019 model boasts an enormous 98.2 cu. ft. of cargo room. This includes the trunk area, which can be opened without hands, along with hidden compartments in the front and rear of the vehicle. The third row of seats can also be folded down to the floor easily to provide even more room.
For day-to-day convenience, small-item storage is a must. The Traverse has a large center console along with enough assorted pockets and cupholders to make stashing smaller belongings a cinch. And behind the infotainment screen is a handy compartment that will hide your belongings as you run into the pharmacy.
Ready To Test Drive The New Traverse in Olathe?
Overall, the 2019 Chevy Traverse is a real winner when it comes to ride safety and quality. If you need the space and security of a midsize SUV without sacrificing performance and comfort, the Traverse may be a perfect fit.
Contact our Olathe Chevy dealership at 913-324-7200 or swing by McCarthy Chevrolet at 675 N Rawhide Rd to take the Traverse or any of our other new Chevrolet vehicles out for a spin. You’ll love the price. Your family will love the space. And everyone else on the road will be envious of your smooth style.
Sources & Photos: