As trucks go, Chevrolet has hit it out of the park with the 2018 Chevy Silverado. The robust 1500, 2500HD, and 3500HD models are the undisputed kings of industrial-quality pickup trucks. They’re rugged, powerful, and sexy — just what the doctor ordered.
Need a hand picking the right Silverado for you? Head into our Olathe Chevrolet dealership or read on to get a breakdown of each 2018 Silverado model.
The 2018 Silverado 1500
This hardy half-ton truck is perfect for hauling furniture, appliances, home renovation supplies, and more. Choose either regular cab, double cab, or crew cab and match it with either a 5’8”, 6’6″, or an 8′ bed. If you’re hauling drywall and need the space, we suggest trying out the regular cab 8′ box, which makes quick work of any loading-unloading job.
All 2018 Silverado 1500 models utilize Chevrolet’s leading-edge fuel-saving technologies, including Direct Injection, Active Fuel Management™, and Continuously Variable Valve Timing. You’ll find a series of three available engines: a 4.3-L V6, 5.3-L V8, or 6.2-L V8 engine.
- The base 4.3-L V6 engine puts out at 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, with a 7,600-pound maximum towing capacity.
- The high-end 6.2-L V8 engine manufactures 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, with an incredible 12,500-lb. maximum towing capacity.
- In terms of hauling capability, the regular cab supports a maximum payload of 1,980 lbs. (with 5.3-L V8 engine), while the double cab can handle up to 2,250 lbs. (with 5.3-L V8 Max Trailering package). The crew cab, a consumer favorite, supports a maximum payload of 2,170 pounds (with 5.3-L V8 Max Trailering package).
The 2018 Silverado 2500HD
The Silverado 2500HD is a popular choice for workers frequently on job sites, particularly in the landscaping, construction, and agricultural industries. The new 2500HD Silverado comes in four trims (Work Truck, LT, LTZ, and High Country) and can be ordered with a bevy of engines, including a powerful diesel V8.
- With a standard VortecTM6.0L V8 putting out a respectable 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque, the Silverado can tow up to 14,800 pounds.
- The available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8, churning out an impressive 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque, allows the Silverado to tow up to 18,100 lbs.
- The 2500HD regular cab supports a maximum payload of 3,534 lbs. (with the VortecTM 6.0-L V8 and long box 2WD), while the double cab can handle up to 3,381 lbs. (with the VortecTM 6.0-L V8 and standard box 2WD). The crew cab can carry a maximum load of 3,233 lbs. (again with the VortecTM 6.9-L V8 and standard box 2WD).
Motor Trend says that the 2017 Silverado 2500HD could technically tow the equivalent of a Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopter with a mission gross weight of 15,075 lbs. With weight dimensions unchanged in 2018, the 2500HD is one powerful machine and includes everything you could ask for, including tow/haul mode, StabiliTrak® with Trailer Sway Control, Hill Start Assist, and Digital Steering Assist.
The 2018 Silverado 3500HD
Massive doesn’t come close to describing the Silverado 3500HD.
- A standard VortecTM 6.0L V8 (360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque) allows the 3500HD to tow up to 14,600 lbs.
- The available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 (445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque) pushes that to 23,300 lbs. This powerful engine is technically equipped to haul the equivalent of a Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter, which weighs in at about 22,000 lbs.
- The 3500HD regular cab supports a maximum payload of 7,153 lbs. (with VortecTM 6.0-L V8 and long box 2WD dually/dual rear wheels), while the double cab carries a maximum weight of 6,235 lbs. (with VortecTM 6.0-L V8 and long box 2WD dually). The crew cab can handle up to 6,112 lbs. (again, with VortecTM 6.0-L V8 and long box 2WD dually).
- The 3500HD is the only one Silverado model that has dual rear wheels.
For heavy-duty snow work in Olathe, look for the 2500HD and 3500HD Alaskan Edition WT and LT variants, which comes with a Snow Plow Prep Package, Smoked Amber roof marker lamps and beacon, Goodyear Wrangler® all-terrain tires, 18-inch black aluminum wheels, Alaskan Bear graphics, and a spray-on bedliner that protects against damage to the truck’s foundation. Both spectacularly rugged 2500HD and 3500HD models have the horsepower to tow anything from John Deere construction equipment to military helicopters (take that, Superman).
Test Drive a 2018 Silverado in Kansas City Today
From the premier 1500 work truck to the rugged 3500HD, every Silverado is built to get jobs done. If these numbers make you want to teleport to your nearest Chevrolet dealer, you’re not alone. As your premier Chevy dealer near Kansas City, we happily invite you to come test drive any of the new Silverado trucks on our lot.
Contact McCarthy Chevrolet at (913) 754-7208 to ask us about our Silverado and Chevy deals or schedule an appointment to try out a vehicle. We’re located at 675 N Rawhide Road in Olathe, KS, so swing by today!
Sources & Photos: