We’ve got two words for you: Road trip! It’s the battle cry of the vacationer and the source of cherished memories for the family. Whether counting horses from the open road, enjoying in-car tech on the journey, or sampling a drive-in theater, the family road trip offers a combination of random circumstances and personal control that just can’t be matched.
But do you have the right SUV to ensure your dream vacation goes off without a hitch? Here are a few of the best 2019 SUVs that make road trips more exciting.
The 2019 Chevrolet Traverse
The 2019 Chevy Traverse is perfect for that family reunion, whether it’s in Higginsville, Moberly or Chicago. Why, you ask?
- The Chevy Traverse has seating for seven or eight people, with space left over for lots of luggage, too.
- The Traverse has won recent industry awards for safety and reliability, including a 5-star NHTSA rating and J.D. Power award for Most Dependable Midsize SUV in 2018.
- There are cameras (including a rear camera mirror) and sensors (surround vision and radar), giving you views of every angle of the SUV.
- In-vehicle safety systems include collision alerts for pedestrians and other vehicles, automatic braking systems, a rear seat reminder, and Teen Driver technology.
- You’ll never be without room for your items thanks to several hidden storage spaces.
- With the 3.6L V6 engine and 9-speed automatic transmission, you can tow up to 5,000 lbs.
- If you are experienced water riders visiting the Current River, our Chevy dealership in Marshall can order and install a Traverse canoe carrier for the top.
- You can pack lots of lunches in the new Traverse and its 98.2 cubic feet of available cargo space.
- Looking for a relaxed road trip? Traverse has state-of-the-art comfort technology with a quiet interior, ventilated or heated front seats, built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi®, a Chevrolet Infotainment™ system, smartphone compatibility, USB ports in every row, mobile apps, and more. (There is also a sunroof option.)
How’s that for perfection? Come check out the new 2019 Chevy Traverse in Marshall, MO, by visiting our Chevrolet dealership.
The 2019 Chevy Equinox
Need a little less space, but still want a versatile, beautiful SUV that can support a small family’s transportation needs? The Equinox has 63.5 cubic feet for cargo, has won numerous top awards for dependability and safety, and includes options for three turbo engines, including a diesel option.
The 252-hp 2.0L turbo engine, with a 9-speed transmission, can haul up to 3500 pounds with simple push-button controls. The Equinox’s 1.6L diesel engine can produce up to 39 mpg on the highway, making it a great choice for a family outing out-of-state. With switchable all-wheel drive, this can be a game-changer in reaching that prime camping spot.
The Equinox is as safe as it is powerful. Lane assist, automatic braking, and collision alerts are all available, and Intellibeam headlights will help protect you in traffic on the open road. The optional Safety Alert Seat provides you with audible or vibrational alerts when you’re in danger, giving you added control of this incredible new SUV. High-def surround vision cameras allow you even more room to operate around campgrounds and parking lots.
With its ventilated front seat option, warmed second-row seats, and 252 HP engine availability, the Equinox is first in quality for small SUVs currently on the market. Come test drive the new Chevrolet Equinox at our Marshall car dealership today.
The 2019 Buick Envision
Looking for a luxury crossover that can give you all-wheel drive, but still turn heads on the interstate and in the corporate parking lot? The Buick Envision, in the words of the experts at Kelley Blue Book, will give you “…an unexpectedly luxurious interior, plenty of passenger space for five people, tons of cargo room, and a host of features.” It can be the perfect companion for the family that enjoys views of the road from a velvet-riding interior.
The engine inside the Envision is specially engineered for quiet performance, enhanced with a controlled suspension. The nine-speed transmission is the smoothest in town, too, offering non-jittery shifting for a pitch-perfect ride. Extra-responsive steering gives added confidence on a lonely stretch of highway.
New for 2019, the turbo engine has added torque, allowing it to rev up and accelerate quicker. The start-stop technology (when stopped at a stop light, the engine stops, then starts when you need it,) works flawlessly and can be shut off at will. Like its Chevy Equinox cousin, the Envision’s vibrating Safety Alert Seat notifies you of possible hazards.
A great choice for a small, young family, the Buick Envision is available for sale and lease today at our Marshall Buick dealership. Stop in to test out the wireless charging tray—it’s really nifty.
2019 GMC Terrain
Need to make an audacious, outdoorsy statement on your road trip? Or do you simply want complete access to the road less traveled? The new GMC Terrain boldly goes where few SUVs have gone before. Here’s what the 2019 Terrain SUV’s got going for it:
- 63.3 cubic feet of cargo space
- Comfortable seating for five, with versatile use of legroom
- Base curb weight of 3,449 lbs
- Built-in navigation
- Heated seats
- Traction Select
- Rear park assist
- Infotainment system
- Huge panoramic sunroof (SkyScrape)
- HID headlamps with signature LEDs
- Front-to-back Flat Load Floor
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi
- And much more
The 2019 Terrain is set to drop soon. To drive home in a new GMC Terrain, visit our Marshall GMC dealership today. Hurry in before our 2018 Terrain selection sells out!
Are You Road-Trip Ready Now?
If you hear the call of the wild this summer, be sure to visit McCarthy Chevy Buick GMC at 1550 W Arrow in Marshall, MO. With our selection of new SUVs for sale and lease, it’s easy to see why we are one of the best car dealerships in Missouri. Contact us at (660) 530-4624 to schedule a test drive in a new Chevy, Buick, or GMC today, and you’ll be creating new family memories in no time.
Sources & Photos: