Need an educational yet entertaining fall activity for the kids? Want to amuse family when they visit on Thanksgiving? Have a first date coming up and in need of ideas? Take a look at some of these amazing 2017 fall events in the Marshall, MO area, and you’ll be able to fill your calendar with fun, fun, fun!
- On October 21st from 5:30 until 9:00 pm is the Lighthouse Shelter 5K Zombie Run (or walk). Meet at the Indian Foothills Park in Marshall, and get ready to break into a sweat! Bring your family and friends as you try to survive the zombie apocalypse. Run past the hungry zombies as dusk breaks into a dark and spooky night filled with pulse-pounding adventure. If you reach the end with your flag intact, you survive! If you get caught, be ready to become zombie dinner. Tickets cost between $25 and $30, but all proceeds go to the Lighthouse Shelter Inc.
- An elegant masquerade ball will be held on October 26th from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at Memorial Station in Cass County. Tickets are all-inclusive, so food and wine are included. This is a black-tie event, so wear your best suit or most stunning gown. If you have a mysterious masquerade mask, bring it! If not, a mask will be provided for you upon arrival. This event is hosted by the Family Resource Center of Cass County, and proceeds will benefit local families in need.
- Prepare for a night of thrills and chills as you watch Aiden Sinclair, the paranormal illusionist, perform on stage. He is known for his appearances on “America’s Got Talent” and “Penn and Teller: Fool Us,” and now you can see him at the Belvoir Winery on November 10th from 8:00 until 9:30 pm! He will take you into the dark history of the Titanic, and you’ll be able to handle and interact with real haunted artifacts during the show. Tickets are only $20 for a night of spooky fun, so grab yours before they sell out.
- Win a car or $30,000! On November 21st from 11:30 am until 1:00 pm, The Rotary Club of Columbia is hosting a car raffle at The Courtyard Marriott in Columbia, MO. Tickets are only $20, and if all 3,000 tickets are sold, the raffle winner can choose between a vehicle or a $30,000 check. Proceeds will benefit a lot of amazing charities including Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club, Welcome Home Veterans, Central MO Humane Society, & Local Rotary Service Project. You can be some people from our Marshall auto dealership will be there.
- The Center for Human Services is putting together their 9th annual Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving Day (November 23rd) at the County Distributing Inc. in Sedalia, MO. Tickets are between $20 and $30, and you can pick from three different races: a 5K run or walk, a 1-mile race, or a “Gobbler Dash” for the kids. If you sign up before the masses, you’ll also receive a long-sleeve race shirt. The race begins at 8:30 am. After the race, be sure to check out the 46th Annual Ham Breakfast!
- The British group Voces8 is in town on December 4th at the Gano Chapel at William Jewel College in Liberty, MO. Voces8 is one of the world’s most versatile and best-loved singing groups, touring throughout Europe, North America and Asia. They perform everything from Renaissance polyphony to contemporary songs. This event is hosted by the Liberty United Methodist Church and begins at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $20 or $25, depending on your seating choice.
- Don’t miss out on the festive gala hosted by KC VITAs Chamber Choir! This event will be on December 7th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at The Simpson House in Kansas City, MO. Your $45 ticket gives you an evening of live music, art, cocktails, and hors-d’oeuvres. This gala supports the Chamber Choir and gives party-goers the chance to get to know the musicians during the night. While there, you can even check out the purchasable art displays and KC VITAs CDs for some unique holiday gifts.
- Tailgate at Arrowhead Stadium during a KC Chiefs home game! Enough said.
Fall Specials on New Models & Used Cars
Now that autumn has officially commenced, it’s time for the seasonal lease offers and used car specials to bring you into our car dealership near Warrensburg, MO. We have deals on nearly any new 2017 or 2018 Chevy, GMC, or Buick model on the road, as well as money-saving bargains on many pre-owned cars for sale. Head into McCarthy Chevy Buick GMC today, and let’s kick off your fall in style!
Contact us at (660) 530-4624 or visit our Marshall car dealership at 1550 W Arrow to test drive one of our vehicles.
Sources & Photos: