Which two teams will be squaring off at U.S. Bank Stadium on February 4th? We’ll just have to wait for the 2018 “Big Game” to find out.
But just because the future is uncertain doesn’t mean you can’t control your own destiny. If you plan on throwing a super football party this year, take the right steps now to ensure it goes off without a hitch. Here are some game-winning party tips and delicious recipes to help you do just that, courtesy of all of us at Kia of Lynchburg.
Create the Right Atmosphere
It takes more than a big screen and comfy couch to transform a living room into the perfect Big Game party. Make sure you cover these essentials to guarantee everyone can enjoy the actions while also safeguarding your house from spills and the furious tantrums thrown by the crazy friend no one really wanted to invite. (But you did anyway because you’re nice.)
- Make a “Snack Stadium” – Toss aside the traditional arena to house Big Game snacks. Get crafty and build your own stadium with individual sections for all your nom-noms. Visit amyspartyideas.com for some ideas.
- Add a Coffee Table Tablecloth – No one is going to be sitting at the dining table when they eat. Instead, they’ll be gorging themselves right where you normally store the remotes. Cover it with a tablecloth or some taped-down crepe paper. Better yet, design the cover to replicate the gridiron. Your friends will think you’re so sly.
- Keep Drinks in a Cooler – Reduce foot traffic through the kitchen by storing brews inside a cooler. Ice ‘em up an hour before kickoff, and keep it within arm’s reach from the TV.
- Be One with Vegas – Although your Lynchburg party may not feel like Las Vegas, that doesn’t mean you can’t have some Vegas-like fun. Print out these “Super Bowl Prop Pool” pages and have your guests fill them out. Winner gets out of cleaning up?
- Play BINGO? – If you’d rather watch the commercials than see what’s going on in the end zone, push it into second gear with a fun BINGO game. Get card templates and game instructions here.
5 Unbeatable Gameday Recipes
Your guests expect tasty food—and lots of it. But don’t settle for delivery pizza or those bland veggie trays. Instead, try out some (or all) of these recipes to help satisfy that hunger.
- Pizza Knots – How can you go wrong with buttery biscuits topped with cheese and pepperoni? Get the recipe at delish.com.
- Skillet Bread & Artichoke Dip – Please the crowd even if your team is down at halftime. This peel-away bread surrounds a big, hearty portion of cheesy goodness. Check the recipe out here.
- Buffalo Chicken Wings – Ain’t no party like a chicken wing party! Don’t let your friends down—give them those succulent hot wings. Just have wet wipes handy. View the recipe online at allrecipes.com.
- Football Jalapeño Cheese Ball – For a spicy kick, let your hands mold out the perfectly inflated football-shaped jalapeño cheese ball. Pair it with pretzels, chips, or even some jalapeno poppers! Yum. Check out this party recipe at peasandcrayons.com.
- A Super Bowl of Guacamole – Salsa’s arch nemesis just got a whole lot more villainous. With a few diced serrano chilies and a splash of hazelnut oil, this guacamole is to die for. Make extra for Monday leftovers (you’ll thank us). Grab the recipe right here.
Lead a Game-Winning Drive in Lynchburg
The Big Game may only last one night, but when you team up with one of our new Kia models, like the 2018 Sorento, you can enjoy that gameday excitement the other 364 days of the year. Grab a super Kia deal on your next new ride at our Lynchburg car dealership today! Contact us at (434) 847-3292 or swing by our showroom at 3400 Old Forest Road to take a test drive.
Sources & Photos: