October 1, 2016
The holidays. Halloween parties. Office potlucks. Thanksgiving feasts. Christmas banquets. When it comes right down to it, the holidays are all about the food.
Whether you’re a battle-hardened “foodie” that knows your way around the kitchen, or you’re someone who has a difficult time knowing the difference between a spatula and a soufflé (one isn’t edible, and the other one is), whipping up the perfect holiday meal for friends and family can be a time-consuming process. And with our lives getting busier and busier seemingly by the nanosecond, time is perhaps our most precious commodity.
Here at your premier INFINITI new car dealership near Columbus, Ohio, Germain INFINITI of Easton, we would rather spend our time cooking up sensational deals on new 2016 INFINITI cars for sale near Columbus then slaving away in the kitchen over a hot microwave…er…stove.
So we did some culinary research and wanted to share with you these 10 time-saving and mouth-watering holiday recipes that you can serve up in a jiffy. Not only with these delicious recipes get you in and out of the kitchen so you can enjoy your guests, but they’ll also have your family and friends applauding your culinary ingenuity.
- Mocha Chocolate Sauce with Pound Cake
Ahh, Pound Cake. This versatile and yummy treat can be sliced, diced, and enjoyed so many creative ways. Here’s a quick recipe from myrecipes.com that uses a few simple ingredients to transform that store-bought pound cake into a holiday dessert superstar. Find out how to make it at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mocha-chocolate-sauce-with-pound-cake. Continue Reading →
September 1, 2016
OomPah bands, beer, and bratwurst will soon be in abundant supply as thousands of happy revelers get ready to celebrate Oktoberfest in Columbus, Ohio, on September 23 – 25.
Get Your German On
With its historic German population, Columbus is well-known throughout the country for throwing one of the biggest Oktoberfest celebrations in the U.S. The epicenter of this year’s enormous Oktoberfest merriment will be the massive Ohio Expo Center and Ohio State Fairgrounds, which will be transformed into a rollicking and fun-filled German village. With more than 100,000 square feet of covered space at the Ohio Expo Center, even a shower or two won’t dampen anyone’s spirits. Continue Reading →
August 1, 2016
The Fall football season is just around the corner. If you’re a rabid Ohio State Buckeye fan as we are here at Germain INFINITI of Easton, your preferred Columbus INFINITI dealer, then we’ll bet you’re already making plans to throw the most awesome tailgate parties ever.
But before you clean your BBQ grill, stock up on burgers, hot dogs, frosty beverages, and potato salad, check out our handy “how-to” guide with 10 steps for creating the ultimate tailgate experience.
- Get Organized – Spending a little time organizing your tailgate party will make it a winner. Make a list of everything you’ll need, from napkins and plates to burgers and buns. Then check off the items before packing things up.
- Know The Rules – Whether you’re heading to the Horseshoe or your hometown high school, be sure to find out what is permitted and what isn’t. Know if such things as alcoholic beverages, BBQ grills, and other items are allowed. By checking out the stadium’s regulations beforehand, you’ll save headaches when you arrive. Review the stadium’s parking map to find out where tailgating is permitted.
- Maximize Your Space – Here’s a smart tip: freeze a bunch of water bottles and use them in the cooler instead of ice. You’ll keep everything cold, save space, and won’t have to lug around heavy bags of ice.
- Finger Foods Work Better – Prepare a lot of bite-size finger foods in advance. They are easier to transport and handle. Most supermarkets offer pre-made party trays for just such an occasion.
- Time It Right – We all know that stadiums are going to be jam-packed on game day. So it’s a must to give yourself plenty of time to set up and get ready for fun. Get to the stadium about three to four hours before kickoff. To save you post-game traffic hassles, hang around awhile. Set out chairs, drinks, and leftovers and rehash the game while waiting for the traffic to clear.
Continue Reading →
July 21, 2016
The U.S. Senior Open Championship is almost here! Get your tickets online for the 37th U.S. Senior Open at Scioto Country Club taking place August 8 – 14, 2016. Weekly Grounds & 1916 Club Tickets are also available online.
Scioto Country Club in central Ohio is proud to be hosting the 2016 U.S. Senior Open Championship. The Championship is a great opportunity to showcase the central Ohio community to a worldwide audience. There will be 156 Professionals and Amateurs (over the age of 50) participating in this Championship, with more than 150,000 spectators throughout the week. Who would you like to see? This event is going to be a great opportunity to get out and celebrate as a community! Check out some great opportunities to get involved the week of August 8th in celebration.
Run To The Championship
Participate in a great cause – The Run To The Championship in celebration of the 2016 U.S. Senior Open Championship at Scioto Country Club! Run to The Championship benefits The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute. This is a 4-Mile Run/Walk that is taking place on Tuesday, August 9th at 7 p.m. This event will take place at Kingsdale Shopping Center and follows a course through Upper Arlington, before ending at Scioto Country Club.
- Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2016
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Start Line: Kingsdale Shopping Center beside the new Ohio State University Wexner Center building
- Finish Line: Scioto Country Club
- More Information: www.runtothechampionship.com
- Register Online: www.runtothechampionship.com/register.htm
- Note: Shuttles will transport participants back to Kingsdale Shopping Center after the event.
Continue Reading →
June 9, 2016
Whether you are serious about your game or just a weekend duffer, the allure of playing a round of golf at the many outstanding courses we are blessed to have throughout Columbus and vicinity is certainly compelling this time of year. So it should come as no surprise then that the month of August is National Golf Month.
Why not get a head start on celebrating the game of golf? Here are 18 things you can do from our friends at GolfNow.com.
- Get Out To The Range And Practice – Yes, the old cliché “practice makes perfect” is an axiom that all golfers should take to heart.
- Get A USGA Handicap – Why not up your game? Golf is a competitive sport, so go out there and compete for heaven’s sake! Contact your local Columbus and Ohio golf associations to find out how to get a USGA handicap.
- Up The Stakes – Playing for drinks, dinner, or some other reward will help focus your attention on winning. And we all like to win, right?
- Get Some Professional Lessons – You can watch all the instructional YouTube videos you want, but nothing beats some hands-on instruction from a professional who can help you fine-tune your game.
- Play A Par-3 Course – Keep your driver in your bag and concentrate on working with wedges and mid-irons to improve that aspect of your game.
- Introduce Your Kids To The Game – What a great way to bond with your children than taking them out to play some golf with you.
- Splurge On A Top-Rated Golf Experience – Why not pamper yourself with a round of golf at one of the many outstanding championship courses in our area?
- Keep Detailed Statistics – The more data you have about your game, the better you’ll get at it.
- Play In A Charity Tournament – You’re going to golf anyway, so why not spend your cash helping a worthwhile cause?
- Play 36 Holes In One Day – Yes, that’s a pretty big mountain to climb. But think about how you’ll feel after conquering 36 holes? Tired, yes. Exultant. That too.
- Walk The Course – Think of the health benefits of all that exercise. Try to walk at least 9 holes for starters.
- Put Your Driver To The Test – Go ahead, you know you want to. Pull out that driver and challenge those Par-4 and Par-5 holes.
- Take It Slow – If you tend to be a bit unpredictable off the tee, take a big breath and slow things down. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Tech Your Game – There are tons of apps and devices out there that can help you improve your game.
- Make A Bucket List – Life is short. And great courses await. Even if you never get a chance to play St. Andrews, Pinehurst, or Pebble Beach, its okay to dream a little, now isn’t it?
- Clean Your Equipment – We know, cleaning your clubs is somewhat of a chore. But regularly cleaning your clubs will help to keep them in good shape.
- Try To Get First Tee Time – Be an early bird on the course get to enjoy playing when its cooler and you have the course to yourself.
- Plan A Golf Road Trip – What’s more fun than getting a few of your friends together for a golfing road trip? Sounds like a great way to spend summer to us. And what better way to enjoy a summer golf expedition than in a new 2016 INFINITI Q50 or 2017 INFINITI Q60 Coupe from your hometown Columbus INFINITI luxury car dealer?
Continue Reading →
May 20, 2016
Okay, everybody do your “happy dance.” Summer has finally arrived here in Columbus, and that means our community is bursting with all sorts of exciting things going on. Concerts, festivals, sporting events. You name it. Columbus has come out of hibernation and is cranking up the volume on summer blockbuster fun.
Here at your preferred Columbus INFINITI luxury car dealer, Germain INFINITI of Easton, we’re excited about the warmer weather and all the opportunities for taking this summer season to the max. So we’ve come up with this handy “2016 Columbus Summer Event Planner” that compiles a list of some of the many terrific summer events and activities that you should put on your summer fun calendar.
The Memorial PGA Golf Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, 5/30 – 6/5
Get into the swing of summer as Columbus once again hosts one of the PGA Tour’s premier events. Founded by legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus, the Tournament showcases some of the world’s best golfers as well as celebrates some of the greatest names in golf. Proceeds from the event benefit a variety of local and national charities.
CATCO Presents Johnny Cash “Ring of Fire” Tribute Concert 6/1 – 6/19
Five acclaimed actors and musicians celebrate the life and music of the legendary Johnny Cash at the Vern Riffe Center for Government and the Arts.
Continue Reading →
May 2, 2016
There’s no reason to hop on a plane and go far away for Memorial Day Weekend because these destinations are close to home. Your local INFINITI of Easton is recommending irresistibly entertaining locations to visit. The following destinations are either located in Ohio or about six hours away. Get out your map because we’re going on a road trip.
- Chicago, IL
Chicago has several attractions to visit, not to mention good food and lively nightlife. Admire gorgeous city skyline views while riding The Chicago Architecture River Cruise down the historic Chicago River. You can also ride The Chicago City Hop-on, Hop-off Tour, which makes it easy to savor premier shopping, dining, and attractions. Check out Things to do in Chicago, Illinois and start planning what local landmarks, parks, and museums you want to visit.
- Soak City Water Park in Sandusky, OH
Photo Credit: soakcitycp.com
Kick off Memorial Weekend by diving into Soak City Water Park at Cedar Point. Soak City has a variety of water activities including Renegade River, Eerie Falls, and Zoom Flume. Unlike the lazy river, The Renegade River requires your adventurous side to survive the canyon and waterfall-filled river. Eerie Falls invites you to slide down three dark tunnels filled with cascades of water all alone. The action-packed Zoom Flume sits guests in an extensive inner tube and takes wild twists and turns down the water slide. Spend a gorgeous day soaking up fun at Soak City. Continue Reading →
April 1, 2016
Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Monet, and Picasso drew inspiration from the world around them to craft timeless masterpieces that still hold the world in breathtaking awe to this very day. Now, from the minds of INFINITI’s master designers comes an inspirational new vision of a luxury 4-door sports sedan that is set to inspire a new generation of automotive enthusiasts.
Behold the extraordinary INFINITI Q80 Inspiration Concept Vehicle.
This revolutionary concept vehicle gives us a glimpse into the future of INFINITI’s always evolving design and engineering philosophy. It leaps from the imagination to create a visceral response of wonder and amazement.
According to INFINITI’s VP of Product Strategy, Francois Bancon, “The Q80 Inspiration was born to disrupt the premium sedan category.”
A Vision Of A New Generation Of INFINITI’s
Unveiled at the prestigious Paris Auto Show, the Q80 is more than just an exercise in design prowess by INFINITI’s remarkable team of engineers, it is a solid framework upon which to build an entirely new generation of luxury sports sedans.
“We aim to do this with elegance, style, and emotion. Q80 Inspiration is how we see the future in terms of moving people to the higher end of our portfolio. This car is making a statement. Q80 Inspiration is a precursor to a production model in this segment and, as such, integral to our future,” Bancon said. Continue Reading →
March 1, 2016
Prepare yourselves car lovers, the 2017 INFINITI Q60 is arriving at dealerships in the very near future, and it does not plan on entering the marketplace quietly. The Q60’s grand entrance took place at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show back in January, and it has had the luxury car world buzzing ever since.
While the complete details on the Q60’s available features haven’t been released to the public yet, INFINITI gave consumers enough of a taste of their brilliant new model to have auto enthusiasts on the edge of their seats until its official debut.
We here at Germain INFINITI of Easton, one of the premier dealers of new INFINITI models in Columbus Ohio, are extremely excited to get these beautiful machines on our lot and into consumer’s hands.
Continue Reading →
February 1, 2016
The 2015 Q50 luxury sports sedan for sale in Columbus at Germain INFINITI of Easton packs a powerful one-two punch of potent performance and cutting-edge technology. Built to challenge the world’s best, including the BMW 3 Series, the Cadillac ATS, the Lexus IS, and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the beautiful new Q50 comes out swinging with aggressive new looks, nimble handling, and potent performance. In short, it’s all you could ask for in a top-of-the-line luxury sports sedan.
Striking New Design
One look at the new 2015 Q50’s sexy, yet muscular, sheetmetal tells you that it’s ready to motivate your senses as well as quicken your heart rate. Bengt Halvorson, Editor of TheCarConnection.com, sums up the Q50’s gorgeous exterior by saying “The new sheetmetal is simply striking: the sensuality of the bigger INFINITI Q70 sedan (formerly the M) works in exotic new ways on the Q50, especially at the exaggerated intersection of curves and surfaces behind its rear doors. The boomerang brackets at the grille resemble the ones on the Lexus, but their hourglass shape is more cohesive with the rest of the silhouette.”
Naturally we agree with Mr. Halvorson’s perspective, adding that the Q50’s convention-shattering design looks as good standing still as it does rocketing down the interstate. From the signature grille and twin multi-jeweled headlamps accented with LED daytime running lights with auto-dim high beams, to the expressive C-pillar crescent-shaped window, and sculpted character lines it would be accurate to say that the Q50 is athletic poetry in motion. Continue Reading →