It’s that time of year again—the birds are chirping, daylight extends past dinner time, and your car is looking awfully grimy. Don’t fret: Follow these INFINITI of Easton car cleaning tips, and you can turn your car’s frown upside down just in time for spring.
1. Out with the Old
- Start by clearing out the cabin. Grab a trash bag and go to town on those crinkled straw wrappers and old receipts. Don’t forget about the unspoken carnage under the seats and in cup holders.
- Grab your ice scraper and store it for next winter. Do the same in the trunk, removing garbage and unnecessary accessories as you go.
- Remove car mats and take your aggression out on them. Kick, punch, smack, or throw them until they’re free of excess dirt, or you’ve calmed down, whichever comes first.
- Stack other essential auto accessories and items together so you can organize and install them once the car is all spiffy.
2. Suck it Up
- With a Shop-Vac or vacuum, start sucking up the dirt from the carpets, crevices, and seat creases. Do a quick run-through on the disobedient car mats and inside the trunk, too.
- Use canned air to dislodge any nasties from hard-to-reach spaces, then feed ‘em to Mr. Hoover.
- Use a specialized solution to clean carpets and upholstery, focusing on heavily soiled areas. (If you have access to a steam cleaner, this is infinitely easier.)
- Remember those car mats you left for dead? Grab a scrub brush because you’re going in for round two. Using a homemade mix of H20 and vinegar, or an automotive cleaning solution, then scour those mats until they look defeated. Leave them out to dry and think about what they’re done.
- Spray glass cleaner on the inside of your windows and mirrors. With a lint-free cloth—some people prefer newspaper—wipe them down for a perfect streak-free appearance.
- To clean your dashboard, use a dry cloth. Avoid cleaning products not approved for car dashes, as they can cause the plastic to crack or dry out.
4. Get Under the Hood
- Change your washer fluid and perform any needed maintenance needed. You’re there anyway, so you might as well.
- Use a commercial degreaser or regular soap & h20 to clean engine parts. Take care not to scrub electrical components like cables, fuses, or sparks.
- Water and baking soda, when paired with an old toothbrush, can work wonders on gunk and corroded battery terminals. *wink wink*
5. On to the Car Wash
- Move the car into the shade; direct sunlight is a no-no when it comes to car washing by hand.
- With a high-pressure hose or power washer, spray under the chassis and in the wheel wells. Throw a little extra love their way if you’ve given them an eventful Columbus winter.
- Use a cleaner that’s designed for vehicles. Suds up half the car at a time, rinsing as you go. Be sure your sponge or mitt isn’t collecting grit, which can scratch the paint.
- Clean the doorjambs, tires, and wheels last.
- Dry the car with a clean microfiber towel for the best results.
6. Wax On
- If you’re new to waxing, the three main types of car wax are liquid, paste, and spray-on. For the best and longest-lasting shine, liquid waxes are ideal. However, paste and spray-on waxes are easier to apply. Choose wisely and always follow product directions.
7. The Final Inspection
- Once you’re happy with your artistry, start adding the essentials back into the cabin, along with a spare plastic bag for future garbage. But let the car mats suffer overnight (to dry).
Springtime Auto Service at INFINITI of Easton
A great car wash is one thing, but to truly prepare for spring you need to ensure your car is mechanically sound. Stop into INFINITI of Easton and let our auto service technicians give your car new life. We offer a wide variety of services, including oil changes, tire rotations, wheel alignments, windshield wiper replacements, brake inspections, and more.
Call our Columbus used car dealership and service center at 888-582-6171 to schedule an appointment or ask about any of our available certified pre-owned cars for sale. Buying a certified pre-owned INFINITI comes with tons of perks, including extended warranties, roadside assistance, low prices, and more!