Here at your premier INFINITI new and used car dealership in Columbus, Ohio, Germain INFINITI of Easton, we’re making our 2016 New Year’s Resolutions. At the top of everyone’s list here at our Easton INFINITI dealership is vowing to make 2016 a healthier year for all of us. We’re sure that you, too, share a desire to be healthy and fit in 2016. However, with our busy lifestyles it can be difficult to slow down and take care of your health. So we put together our 10 top ways you can start out 2016 with a new healthy attitude.
- Boost Your Iron Intake – Iron is a mineral that is essential for good health. A lack of iron in your diet can lead to fatigue and affect your mood. Proper iron levels help improve muscle strength as well. Look for foods rich in iron, such as lean meats, lentils, and oatmeal.
- Eat More Soups And Stews – These meals are easy to make and pack a lot of nutrition into each bite. There are many healthy soup and stew recipes available online. You can make soups ahead of time, freeze them, and enjoy them during the week.
- Eat More Vegetables – This may sound like a no-brainer, but in fact, adding more vegetables to your diet ensures that you are getting a healthy dose of vitamins and roughage. Vegetables are also great in salads. You can chop them up, store them in the fridge and using them to give your salads and extra healthy boost.
- Eat Healthy Snacks – Our on-the-go lifestyles have gotten our eating habits all out of whack. It’s tempting to grab snacks and munch on them throughout the day. If you’re going to do this, opt for things like grapes, oranges, unsweetened dried fruit, and apple wedges.
- Check Out Healthy Menu Options – Many restaurants throughout Columbus offer healthy menu selections. If you have gluten issues, more and more eateries offer gluten-free options. While it may be tempting to load up on taste-tempting lunch or dinner items, you’ll do yourself a healthy favor is you order more sensible meals that include lots of veggies and greens. Salads are a great choice here.
- Office Exercising – Sitting at a desk and staring at a computer all day has recently been shown to impact health negatively. There are many simple desk-based exercises you can do, such as stretching, rapidly tapping your toes under your desk, take the stairs if possible, stand up and jog in place, or get up and walk around the office.
- Exercise When Watching TV – If you are hooked on binge-watching your favorite shows, you can still get some exercise in by stretching and doing bodyweight exercises. Or, go to the gym and watch TV when on the treadmill.
- De-stress – We live in an incredibly stressful and high-octane society. It’s vital to step back when you can and take a break. Progressive relaxation, for example, involves tensing and releasing each major muscle group in the body, such as the arms, chest, back, legs, and abdomen. Taking deep rhythmic breaths can help reduce blood pressure and harmful cortisol levels. Listening to your favorite music, getting a massage, taking naps, and laughing can also help reduce your stress levels.
- Hydrate – Getting enough water, up to 8 glasses a day, is essential for good health. Drinking water will improve your energy, focus, and make you feel full, so you eat less. Keep a water bottle at your desk or use your smartphone to remind you to take a “water break.”
- De-Tech Your Life – This is a hard one, we know. Power down that smartphone (which some studies show emits harmful electromagnetic radiation) when you can. If possible, turn your home into a tech-free zone by shutting down your electronic devices for a few hours. Come on, you can live another day without playing Angry Birds, monitoring your Twitter feed, or obsessively checking your Facebook status, right? There are even apps like “The Sabbath Manifesto” that will tell people that you are taking a tech break when they email or text you. So put away that smartphone, take a snooze, or actually talk to a member of your family for a change.
Get A Stress-Free Buying Experience At Germain INFINITI Of Easton
You don’t need to be stressed out when buying a new or used INFINITI car in Columbus. Here at your hometown Columbus INFINITI dealership, Germain INFINITI of Easton, our goal is to make your new INFINITI purchase experience as hassle and stress-free as possible by providing you with personalized VIP customer service and an unbeatable INFINITI factory deal on our collection of beautiful new 2015 and 2016 INFINITI models. Because you appreciate the finer things in life, Germain INFINITI of Easton exceeds your expectations with a wide selection of superbly crafted and painstakingly engineered INFINITI luxury automobiles. We also have an ample assortment of outstanding, top-quality Certified Pre-Owned vehicles in Columbus from which to choose. You can step up to the luxury of owning a “like-new” INFINITI for thousands less.
We invite you to visit our INFINITI dealership in Columbus, Ohio today at 3833 Morse Rd Columbus, OH 43219. To schedule your personalized VIP sales experience, please call us at 888-582-6171.