The holidays are an exciting time of year here in Gainesville, FL. There are so many fun and festive events and activities for the whole family going on throughout the area. To help make your holiday event planning a little easier this year, we put together a list of the top holiday happenings in Gainesville and the surrounding area.
- Greathouse Butterfly Farm Christmas Tree Village – 20329 NE State Road 26, Earleton, FL 32631 – Kids and adults will enjoy an enchanting holiday experience with a bounce house, train rides, and a special appearance by Santa himself. Purchase a premium fresh-cut Christmas tree, or visit the Butterfly Emporium gift shop for unique gifts.
- Hipp Holiday Art Market – 25 SE 2nd Place, Gainesville, FL 32601 – The Hippodrome Art Gallery offers an array of distinctive gifts created by the Gainesville Fine Arts Association. Open Tues – Sun through Dec. 21st.
- Winter Wonderettes – The Hipp, 25 SE 2nd Place, Gainesville, FL 32601 – A delightful and joyful Christmas revue for the whole famile featuring beloved holiday classics like “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” and more.
- Holiday Market – Arbor Green Clubhouse, NW 136th & Newberry Road, Jonesville, Fl – Kick off the holidays by purchasing gifts from a variety of local merchants with a portion of the proceeds donated to Peaceful Paths, an organization that helps families with domestic violence issues.
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – 130 NE 1st Ave., High Springs, FL 32643 – Dec. 5 – 21 – A hilarious show for the entire family that tells the story of a couple trying to put on a church Christmas pageant and all its difficulties.
- A Christmas Carol – The Hipp, 25 SE 2nd Place, Gainesville, FL 32601- This Gainesville family tradition returns with a contemporary adaptation of Dickens’ classic Christmas tale.
- Rwanda Holiday Extravaganza – Depot Station, 203 SE Depot Ave., Gainesville, FL – This 5th annual fundraiser benefits Rwandan families. Shop for unique gifts created by Rwandan artists and enjoy gourmet food and drinks.
- Handel’s “Messiah” Sing Along – Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1521 NW 34th St., Gainesville, FL 32605 – Dec. 13th at 7:30 p.m. – This is your chance to participate with soloists and orchestra in this holiday tradition featuring Handel’s inspiring musical work.
- Fire & Ice, 9315 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL, Dec. 31st 2 p.m. – Play in the snow, glide down ice slides, romp in bounce houses, and enjoy games and activities. Fireworks spectacular at sunset.
- Downtown New Year’s Countdown – Dec. 31st – Jan 1, 9:30 p.m., Bo Diddley Community Plaza – Live music from local bands, noisemakers, and more rock in the New Year!
(Dates and times are subject to change.)
Happy holiday savings are our gift to you!
Here at Honda of Gainesville, we’re celebrating the holidays by unwrapping some great deals on our award-winning lineup of new 2014 and 2015 Hondas. Take advantage of our “Happy Honda Days” sales event, going on now. Lease a 2015 Honda Accord LX for just $119 a month for 36 months, OAC. Lease a 2014 Honda CR-V LX for $129 a month for 36 months, or get 0% APR for 72 months. Save on our huge selection of Honda-certified pre-owned vehicles. Honda of Gainesville is “Your Hometown Dealer.” We’re conveniently located at 3801 N. Main St., Gainesville, FL 32609. To schedule a test drive, call 866-314-4987. For service, call 866-312-4940.
Happy Holidays from Honda of Gainesville!