From Christmas pageants and choral festivals, to holiday light decorations, special appearances by St. Nick, and an array of glittering New Year’s Eve parties, there’s an amazing number of exciting and fun-filled things to do throughout the Sarasota/Bradenton area in December.
To help make your holiday planning easier, we’ve put together a 2014 Sarasota Holiday Event Guide, listing many of the top events and activities you can enjoy with the entire family. Have fun, and remember to always drive responsibly this holiday season!
- Snow Fest Sarasota – Dec. 19-21. Now in its fourth successful year, this fun-tastic family holiday event at Payne Park in downtown Sarasota will feature live music, hay rides, snow slides, food, games, and appearances by Santa and Frosty the Snowman. Proceeds benefit The Lazarus Foundation and Kids Force.
- Victorian Christmas at the Crosley – Dec. 19-21. Step back in time and enjoy a memorable evening of theater, carols, and stories set in the magnificent Powell Crosley Estate in Sarasota.
- “Lights in Bloom” at the Selby Gardens – Dec. 19-21. Thrill to thousands of twinkling lights adorning life-sized, garden-themed floral displays.
- Holiday Lights Spectacular – Dec. 19 -24. Head out to the Sarasota Jungle Gardens for a dazzling display of lights and live entertainment, featuring Santa himself.
- Sailor Circus Holiday Extravaganza – Dec. 27 – 30. Special holiday performances will delight young and old alike; at 2075 Bahia Vista St., Sarasota.
- A Taste of Chanukah – Dec. 21. Enjoy live entertainment, Kosher food selections, and fun at the Sarasota Fairgrounds. Featuring the International Llama and Jungle Gardens Bird show, snow slide, and lots of kids’ activities, with music by the Kol Yisrael Orchestra.
- The Best NYE Party in SRQ – Dec. 31. Enjoy live music from two bands, live DJ, champagne ice luge, midnight ball drop, and more at the Sarasota Municipal Auditorium.
- Main St. Live New Year’s Celebration – Dec. 31. Celebrate 2015 with live music, street vendors, and other fun activities on Old Main Street in downtown Bradenton.
- Starlight and Fire Family NYE Party – Dec. 31. Take the kids to this family-friendly New Year’s celebration at the Historic Spanish Point. Features falling snow, hot chocolate, marshmallows, and much more.
- New Year’s Eve Party – Dec. 31. Dress up and head over to the Italian American Club of Venice for a lively, elegant, and exciting celebration with a buffet dinner, live music, dancing, champagne, and more.
- Ritz Carlton Sarasota NYE Party – Dec. 31. Dance to live music on Sarasota Bay. Includes party favors and champagne.
Money-Saving Holiday Deals Are Happening Now
Put a new 2014 or 2015 Toyota or Scion in your driveway for the New Year. Take advantage of great holiday deals during our “Toyotathon” sales event happening now. You’ll also save on our year-end model closeouts and wide selection of certified pre-owned Toyota vehicles. And enjoy miles and miles of worry-free driving with our exclusive No Cost Lifetime Scheduled Maintenance on every new Toyota and Scion. Schedule a test drive today by calling 888-479-8194. Germain Toyota Scion of Sarasota is located at 7435 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Germain Toyota Scion of Sarasota!
For a more complete listing of community events: