Mother’s Day is when we gather to celebrate the many wonderful reasons we love Mom. It may be something as simple as tying a shoelace, making a “PB&J” for your lunchbox, giving your skinned knee some “TLC,” or baking your favorite chocolate swirl birthday cake. There are probably a million reasons why your Mom is unique. She’s always been there to guide you, encourage you, and love you as only a mother can love.
So why not do something extra-special for Mom this Mother’s Day? Luckily, Columbus pulls out all the stops when it comes to showing Moms a great time. Whether it’s taking her to one of our area’s outstanding restaurants, enjoying a show, watching a ballgame, going shopping, or a day at the zoo, there is no lacking for things you, Mom, and the entire family can do on Mother’s Day here in Columbus.
Because we love Moms too, your friends here at Germain Toyota of Columbus want to help make your Mother’s Day planning a bit easier this year. So we put our heads together and came up with this handy guide describing some great ways you can celebrate Mother’s Day 2016 in Columbus.
- Cloak & Dagger Dinner Theatre’s “The Wreck Of The Enormous” – Mother’s Day Edition, 447 E. Livingston Ave., ColumbusIt’s murder on the high seas as you interact with a zany cast of characters as they navigate a thrilling murder mystery. Includes a show and delicious three-course meal.
- German Village Jazz & Juleps at the Meeting Haus Platz 588 S. 3rd St., ColumbusThe German Village Garten Club sponsors a delightful GartenMarkt preview party featuring live entertainment and refreshing libations. Proceeds help fund various concerts and Village beautification projects.
- “UniverSoul” Circus, May 8 at 2300 S. Hamilton Rd., ColumbusMom and the entire family will surely enjoy all of the non-stop excitement and thrilling acts under the Big Top as the acclaimed UniverSoul Circus visits Columbus. Now in its 23rd year, UniverSoul Circus is a global phenomenon with more than 10,000 performances in front of more than 20 million people.
- Blooms & Butterflies at the Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical GardensMom and the whole family will delight in the thousands of beautiful butterflies taking flight in the Pacific Islands Water Garden. It’s a magical experience not to be missed.
- A Day At The Columbus Zoo & AquariumLet Mom go a little bit wild with a fun-filled and educational day at one of America’s top zoos. The Zoo features hundreds of exhibits and attractions. If she’s the adventurous type and up the challenge, she can participate in the amazing Reebok Spartan Race at The Wilds, the World’s Best Obstacle Race. Or the family can have some fun at Jungle Jack’s Landing and Zoobezi Bay.
- Steve Lehman Octet At The Wexner Center for the Arts, May 6thIf Mom loves jazz, then she won’t want to miss this outstanding evening of early 21st Century jazz performed by one of the world’s leading saxophonists, the critically acclaimed Steve Lehman, named a Rising Star Jazz Artist in Downbeat Magazine’s 2015 Critics Poll.
- Dinner At Latitude 41 at 50 N 3rd St., Columbus at the Columbus Renaissance HotelLatitude 41 has emerged as one of the trendiest restaurants in Columbus and a dinner there will be a special occasion that Mom will long remember. Latitude’s distinctive contemporary cuisine is sourced from local purveyors of the freshest artisanal and all-natural products. Chef Dean James Max brings his extraordinary culinary talents to the forefront for a dining experience in Columbus like no other.