Having found its way into over 40 million driveways and garages since its inception 50 years ago, and with over 300,000 continuing to be sold each year, the Corolla is one of the most well-known icons on the market. Available in seven astonishing trims, including the new XSE and 50th Anniversary Special Edition models, this all-new 2017 Corolla isn’t betting against itself to continue the trend. And neither are we. Here are the 3 main reasons why you should call the 2017 Toyota Corolla your next traveling companion.
Loads of Safety Features
What makes the 2017 Corolla a must-own compact? The entire Toyota Safety Sense-P (TSS-P) suite—yes, all of it—now comes standard on each and every model, even the base L trim. Very few vehicles in its class offer such an array of safety features. Included in TSS-P are systems like:
- Pedestrian-collision detection with automatic emergency brakes
- Lane departure alerts with active lane assistance
- Active cruise control
- Automatic high beam LED headlights
- Forward-collision warnings
These standard active safety features helped the Corolla earn the coveted Top Safety Pick+ award from the IIHS, as well as a five-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA—both remarkable feats in and of themselves.
Reliability is Corolla’s Claim to Fame
Being in the spotlight for half a century says something about the Corolla’s reliability and long-term value. For most Corolla owners, having a dependable form of transportation is the primary reason they chose Toyota’s famous compact sedan. It offers a practical cabin without any oversaturation. Its safety ratings are impeccable. And it provides owners with a certain degree of familiarity from model year to model year, even when just about everything’s changed.
The 2017 Corolla has all of that and then some. Its handling is improved without feeling un-Corolla-like. Maneuverability is excellent, especially in tight spaces like a cramped parking garage. A rigid suspension helps dampen the brunt of bumpy roads. In all, 2017 Corolla drivers can feel reassured knowing exactly what they’re getting when they start the engine.
With proper maintenance and servicing, you can expect your Corolla to live well into its 200,000s (miles, of course). Better yet, all Corollas are also backed by Toyota’s world-class coverage, which includes 36-month/36,000-mile limited, 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain, and 60-month rust-through warranties. Talk about trouble-free driving.
Toyota’s Entune™ Infotainment System
The Toyota Entune system is what makes the Corolla tick.
- Hands-free Bluetooth® Calling – Pair your mobile with the car’s built-in Bluetooth system, and press the voice-command button on the steering wheel to call someone from your contact list. It’s a perfect way to call a client to discuss business, your spouse to get an impromptu shopping list, or your mom for a monthly check-in.
- Music Streaming – Send all your tunes through Entune and hear them on the Corolla’s premium sound system. It even streams Pandora®, iHeartRadio, and Slacker Radio (among others).
- Siri® Eyes Free – Ask Siri to perform commands for you rather than taking your eyes off the road. Safety first!
- Navigation – Set directions and get step-by-step navigation with real-time traffic alerts right on your Corolla’s touchscreen.
- Entune App Suite – Downloading the Entune suite gives you access to a bunch of various apps, all of which add another level of enjoyment to your travels.
- HD Radio™ – Along with high-def music, HD Radio also allows you to check local weather reports.
Test a New Corolla at Germain Toyota of Columbus
With one of the lowest MSRPs in its class, the new 2017 Corolla is a steal. And it can be yours today! Just contact our Germain Toyota dealership in Columbus at (614) 868-0300 to schedule a test drive. While you’re here checking out our new Corolla sedans, be sure to also look at our other new 2017 Toyota models for sale and ask us about any current specials that are available. As a premier new and certified pre-owned car dealership serving Franklin County, OH, we’re happy to help you save on your next car!
Sources & Photos: