A brand New Year is on the horizon, and that means it’s time once again to take out a pencil, grab a piece of paper, and jot down your New Year’s Resolutions for 2015. Like most folks, you probably think about making resolutions in the New Year like “go on a diet,” “exercise more,” “clean out the basement,” or “fix the roof.”
But what about setting some New Year’s Resolutions for your maintaining your Toyota?
Of course, everyone needs encouragement and support to help achieve their goals for 2015. So we here at Germain Toyota of Columbus want you to put you on the road to better car maintenance in 2015. Here’s our list of five top car maintenance resolutions you should make so that your Toyota will be running the way it should all year long.
- Get regular oil changes – Without oil, your engine would literally grind to a halt. Dirty oil, clogged oil filters, the wrong type of oil, or low oil levels increase wear and tear on internal engine parts. This could seriously affect the life of your engine, as well as performance, and fuel economy. Be sure to check out the winter oil change specials on our website.
- Check your tires – Colder weather really affects tire pressure. Improperly inflated tires can increase wear or even lead to blowouts. You should also look for uneven wear, sidewall cracks, or other warning signs that may mean trouble for your tires. If your “low tire pressure” warning light comes on, bring your Toyota in to our Service Department and we’ll take it from there.
- Replace worn wiper blades – Good visibility in poor weather is a must. We all know how harsh Columbus winters are. And that wintery weather is brutal on wipers. Our certified technicians here at Germain Toyota of Columbus will be happy to check and see if they need replacing with new wiper blades especially designed for your Toyota.
- Have your brakes inspected – Driving in bad weather with bad brakes is a deadly combination. Fortunately, our service experts here at Germain Toyota of Columbus know what to look for, like sticking calipers, worn brake pads, low brake fluid, leaking brake lines, warped rotors, or other issues.
- Inspect your battery, battery cables, belts, and hoses – Extreme weather can wreak havoc on batteries, hoses, and belts. Our multi-point inspection (free with any paid service) will make sure these critical components are in peak condition for the New Year.
These are just some of the ways you can resolve keep your Toyota running properly throughout 2015 and beyond so you can drive with confidence. We encourage you to read your Toyota owner’s manual for more helpful tips. Or schedule a service appointment here at our dealership and have our certified Toyota service technicians go over your Toyota to prevent any little problems in 2014 from becoming big headaches in 2015. And be sure to check out our many service specials on our website. You can reach our Service Department by calling 877-586-4446.
Start the New Year Off Right With A New Toyota!
Let us show you how easy it is to put a new 2014 or 2014 Toyota in your driveway for the New Year during our “Toyotathon” sales event going on now through Jan. 5th. Take advantage of 0% APR for 36 months on select 2015 Toyota 4Runner models, or lease a bold, new 2015 Toyota Camry for just $199 per month for 36 months. Ask about our $1,000 military personnel cash rebate. Test drive any Toyota and get two tickets to “Wild Lights” at the world-famous Columbus Zoo.
We’re open during construction, so stop by and see us at Germain Toyota Scion of Columbus. We’re conveniently located at 5777 Scarborough Blvd., Columbus, OH 43232 just east of where the East Freeway meets the Jack Nicklaus Freeway. For sales, call 888-711-8804.
Happy New Year from all of us at Germain Toyota Scion of Columbus!
For more information: