The holidays are supposed to be a fun and festive time, but let’s be honest: The holiday season can also be very stressful. From prepping the house for relatives to getting Uncle Billy that Christmas sweater (the one with the reindeer) he’s always wanted, the hustle and bustle of the holidays can wear you down.
That’s why we here at Germain Toyota Scion of Columbus want to lend a hand with our Holiday Survival Guide. So here are some great tips on how to keep everything – including your sanity – on an even keel during this most hectic time of year.
- Change your way of thinking – the holidays are a time to indulge. But maybe this year it’s time to cut back a bit. Pace yourself and dial down the tryptophan so you’ll be ready for those Black Friday sales. Or skip the Black Friday madness altogether and shop online.
- It’s okay to say “No” – This is a hard one, because we all want to please. But you simply don’t have to accept every invitation to every party or gathering. Take time out for you.
- Keep It Simple – Sometimes it’s best to stick with the basics. And perhaps this year is a good time to not go crazy buying multiple gifts for everyone on your list. Remember, it’s not about quantity, it’s about quality.
- Give Back to Your Community – It’s easy to forget the less fortunate during this crazy time of year. Why not donate a toy or contribute to your local food bank. You’ll be surprised how good it will make you feel.
- Charity Gift Cards Keep on Giving – Another great idea is to buy charity gift cards and gift certificates that allow the people on your list to donate money to a non-profit organization of their choice.
- Stay True to Your Workouts – The holidays are the worst time to abandon your exercise routine. They are a source of energy, strength, and renewal.
- Keep Your Immune System Healthy – On a related note, your immune system is at risk during this frantic holiday period. So be sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and wash your hands frequently; especially when out shopping. It’s also a good idea to get a flu shot.
- Stay Flexible – Sticking to a riged schedule or doing things “just because we’ve always done them that way,” can box you into a corner. Be willing to adjust your plans, do something different, and be open to possibilities for socializing with family and friends in a more casual and less formal way.
- Take A Break – It’s okay. Really. Just stop. Sit down. Read the paper. Breathe. Go into the office on the weekend when there’s no distractions and take a vacation day to shop mid-week when there are less crowds to deal with. Or take a few minutes a day to meditate. And write down everything you need to do so you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything.
- Take A Trip – Why not take all the money you were going to spend on those lavish gifts and spend it on a vacation for the whole family? You’ll get a whole new perspective on celebrating the holidays with your family or friends without all the traditional stress. And who wouldn’t want to escape our cold Columbus winters, if only for a little while?
We’re Dealing During The Holidays
Let Germain Toyota of Columbus take the stress out of buying a new Toyota during our Toyotathon sales event, going on now. We’re offering 0% APR for 36 months on select 2015 Toyota 4Runners. Or 1.9% financing for 60 months on select 2015 Toyota Camrys. We’re even giving away a FREE remote start with every new Camry! “Like” our Facebook page and we’ll donate $1 to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. We’re open during construction, so stop on by and see us for some great holiday deals on both new and Certified Pre-Owned Toyotas and Scions.
Germain Toyota of Columbus is conveniently located just east of the Outerbelt off I-70 at 5777 Scarborough Blvd., Columbus, OH 43232. To schedule a test drive, call 888-711-8804. For service, call 877-586-4446.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Germain Toyota of Columbus!
For more helpful holiday stress-relieving tips visit: