For decades, the Honda Civic has been a staple on the road, thanks to its world-class style, amazing fuel efficiency, and affordable price. And for 2017, Honda has outdone itself by designing a Civic that caters to more than just one type of driver. Check out the various 2017 Honda Civic models below, and find your ideal ride.
The 2017 Civic Sedan
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan comes in five trims: The base LX, EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring.
Even though it’s labeled as the “base” trim, the Civic LX doesn’t lack the essential bells and whistles. It’s equipped with a standard 2.0L four-cylinder that generates 158 horsepower and raises the Civic’s EPA rating to 28 city/40 highway mpg with a manual transmission. Also standard are features like automatic LED headlights and taillights, 60/40-split rear seat, automatic climate control, 16-inch alloy wheels, a 5-inch display, rearview camera, Bluetooth, and USB ports.
Step up to the Civic EX, and you’ll find Honda’s best-in-class CVT mated with the same 2.0-liter engine. Standard features include a power moonroof, heated side mirrors, rear-seat armrest, premium eight-speaker sound system, a pair of USB ports, LaneWatch, keyless entry, remote start, 7-inch touchscreen, Pandora streaming, HondaLink with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and a rearview camera with dynamic guide array. Fuel economy comes in at 31 city/40 highway mpg.
With the EX-T, you get an upgraded 1.5L turbo-four that puts out an impressive 174 hp. If you upgrade from the standard manual transmission to CVT, fuel efficiency jumps to 32 city/42 highway mpg—one of the best ratings in its class. Fog lamps, dual-zone climate control, and heated driver and passenger seats are also standard.
The 2017 Civic EX-L makes great use of standard leather seating, as well as an automatic-dim rearview mirror, integrated navigation, and a four-way power passenger seat.
At the top of the lineup is the Civic Touring. It’s an automotive marvel and one of Honda’s best Civic models to date. It comes with upgraded 18-inch wheels, rain-sensing windshield wipers, heated rear seats, a 10-speaker sound system, and a great deal of style. What’s best is that the Civic Touring also comes standard with the Honda Sensing safety suite, which includes systems like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, collision mitigation, and emergency braking, among others.
The Two-Door Civic Coupe
For those who like the sporty style of past Civic Coupes, the new 2017 version is right up your alley. It comes in LX, LX-P, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trims.
The 2017 Honda Civic Coupe in LX-P trim is a fan favorite thanks to features like remote start, a one-touch moonroof, Smart Entry, and more.
The EX-T is another great choice; it comes with the same features found in the LX-P and adds a 174-HP turbo, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, LaneWatch, and some sporty flavoring in the cabin.
For a more premium interior, you’ll want to look at the Civic Coupe EX-L. It’s got a cabin that is lined with luxe leather (seats, steering wheel, shifters—you name it) and more.
The Civic is Also Available as Hatchback
New to the roster is the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback, which also comes in five trims: The base LX, Sport, EX, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring.
The Civic Hatchback Sport comes with most of the same features as the LX sedan. Most notably different, however, is its beefier 180hp, 1.5L turbocharged engine. Foglights, dual exhaust, a sporty frame, leather steering wheel, and shifter knob are also exclusively found in the Civic Hatchback Sport.
Sport Touring trims are fundamentally the same as the Touring sedan’s, though an upgraded 12-speaker audio system is standard in the top-tier hatch.
Our Favorite Civic Features
As a longtime Honda dealership near Estero, we’ve seen our fair share of Civics come through our showroom. But the 2017 Civic is among our favorites, thanks to the following standard or available features and specs:
- Honda’s CVT – This transmission has come a long way from its fledgling days. It’s peppy and quick in real-world driving situations, pushing the Civic from 0 to 60 mph in less than 7 seconds.
- Center Console – The customizable central console is designed cleverly, adding movable cup holders, multiple trays, and a smartphone compartment.
- Cargo Space – In the 2017 Civic Sedan, trunk space comes in at 15.1 cubic feet. It’s certainly one of the largest trunks on the market.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – If you frequently parallel park in Fort Myers, the Civic’s rearview camera can help you avoid dings and dents thanks to its three unique views: normal, top-down, and wide.
- Honda LaneWatch – Standard on EX models and up, LaneWatch is a blind-spot eliminator. Click your signal indicators, and a video will feed into your side-view mirror to help you keep a safe distance from vehicles or objects that may be in your blind spot.
- Wireless Charging – No more burdensome cables needed with this wireless smartphone charging station just under the central stack.
- HondaLink – This system allows you to connect to social media, stream music, and even check and schedule Civic maintenance at Germain Honda of Naples.
Check Out the Award-Winning 2017 Civic Today!
For two straight years, the Honda Civic has taken home KBB’s Best Buy Award—and we’re not surprised. With excellent fuel economy, a full plate of standard features, and lots of style, the 2017 Honda Civic is a true masterpiece, in both sedan and hatchback molds.
Want to take the 2017 Civic out for a spin around Naples, Cape Coral, or Ft. Myers, FL? Start by viewing our selection online, and be sure to look at our current Honda incentives to see how much money you can save. When you’re ready for a test drive, contact us at (239) 307-5064 or simply visit our new and used car dealership in Naples to get behind the wheel of a Civic coupe, hatch, or sedan!
Sources & Photos: