Honda unveiled the long-awaited all-new 2017 Civic Type R at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this month. The Civic Type R has many anticipated high-quality features including a high performance 2.0-liter turbocharged powertrain and i-VTEC in-line 4-cylinder engine with a peak 306 horsepower. This will be the most powerful, quickest, fastest and most agile Civic ever. Here is what we know so far:
It is set to make its U.S. debut at the New York International Auto Show on April 12, 2017. The Civic Type R is the first ever Type R-badged Honda to be sold in America. Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is excited to see the Type R make its way over to the U.S.
“The fastest, most powerful Honda ever sold in America, the Type R caps off the incredible success story of our 10th generation Civic lineup. We’re happy to inform our U.S. enthusiasts that the long wait for the forbidden fruit of Honda Type R performance is nearly over!”
Drivers can enjoy the major chassis and suspension upgrades that make for a track-ready performance. The Civic Type-R comes complete with a new Dual-Axis front suspension setup with aluminum lower arms and steering knuckles, which improves at-the-limit cornering and reduces torque steer, as well as an adaptive dual-pinion electric power steering system with variable gear ratio. The Civic Type-R also features heavily bolstered sports seats (as pictured above) and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Additionally, drivers have access to a 7-inch display audio touchscreen interface equipped with Honda Navigation system, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility and more.
We are excited to finally have the Civic Type-R in the United States. To learn more about the Civic Type-R features and capabilities, click here.
Many people aren’t aware that Dayton, OH and the surrounding cities are filled with hidden gems. The city is full of historic landmarks and stories that are just waiting to be explored. If you or a family member are looking for something to do, here are some great fun and educational places you can visit in the Dayton area:
The FREE National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located in the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. It is the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum. It features more than 360 aerospace vehicles and missiles and thousands of artifacts. It is the perfect place to learn all about the United States Air Force for people of all generations.
This National Park is located in the heart of Dayton. It is compiled of five National Historic Landmarks that tell the stories of the lives and legacies of Wilbur Wright, Orville Wright, and Paul Laurence Dunbar. Some of the park attractions include the Paul Laurence Dunbar House Historic Site, Huffman Prairie Flying Field, and 1905 Wright Flyer III which was the world’s first practical airplane. Whether you visit one landmark or all of them, you are sure to learn a lot of cool things.
Located in Dayton, visitors can explore the Aullwood Nature Center that is full of informative exhibits, educational games, and more! The Aullwood Farm has all sorts of fun learning opportunities that include fascinating animals and interesting exhibits that make for the perfect field-trip. Last, but not least the Aullwood Nature Sanctuary is 200 acres of beautiful nature sanctuary. The sanctuary is encompassed with several different habitats. Visitors can travel through six miles of walking trails that take them through prairies, young and old woodlands, wetlands, ponds, and sustainable farmland.
Now is the perfect time to start planning your family’s summer vacation odyssey. There are so many exciting vacation options to choose from throughout Ohio. That’s why we here at Germain Honda of Beavercreek, your premier Honda dealership in Dayton, Ohio, want to help you plan your roadmap to summer adventure with the following list of the top summer vacation destinations the entire family will enjoy:
- Akron Zoological Park, 500 Edgewood Ave., Akron, Ohio 44307 – This non-profit world conservation zoo features more than 700 animals.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland, OH 44109 – Founded in 1892, the seventh-oldest zoo in America covers more than 300 acres and features more than 3,300 animal exhibits.
- The Wilds, 1400 International Road, Cumberland, OH 43732 – This extraordinary nature preserve covers nearly 10,000 acres, making it the largest of its kind in North America.
- African Safari Wildlife Park, 267 S. Lightner Rd., Port Clinton, OH 434452 – Get up close and personal with a variety of beautiful and exotic wildlife roaming free as you drive through this 100-acre preserve.
- Toledo Zoo, US 25 Toledo, OH 43614 – Considered “the world’s most complete zoo,” the Toledo Zoo offers more than 3,000 animals representing 525 species. Historic architecture dating back to the 1930s and 1940s make this a truly unique place to visit.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 4850 W. Powell Rd, Powell, OH 43065 – Considered one of the world’s great zoos, the amazing 580-acre Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was founded in 1927 and is committed to global wildlife preservation.
Continue reading 2015 Ohio Summer Vacation Planner