Reviewers at The Car Connection call the 2018 Honda Ridgeline “the most comfortable truck you can drive today.”
Edmunds gives the 2018 Honda Ridgeline a truly glowing review, calling it “the most well-rounded midsize truck on the market today.”
Kelly Blue Book reviewers love its “clever features,” citing the In-Bed Trunk and “luxurious and tech-savvy interior refinements” as major reasons to fall for the second-generation Ridgeline. They even note that the Ridgeline’s interior is “far more refined than other midsize trucks,” while also pointing out that Honda’s redesigned mid-size pickup “drives like an SUV.”
What else do you need to know about the 2018 Ridgeline that hasn’t already been said? A closer look at what’s running through this world-class truck’s veins might help you sort out the details.
Multiple Ridgeline Trims, Same Ridgeline Excellence
There are 5 additional Ridgeline trim levels beyond the base model RT (Sport Edition, RTL, RTL-T, RTL-E, and the exclusive “Black Edition”), and each builds upon the features of the one before it, taking you from well-equipped to amazingly equipped. What’s best, all Ridgeline trucks come with Honda’s superb three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty that includes 24-hour emergency roadside assistance. (Not that you’ll need the latter since the Ridgeline is so stellar.)
Taking Honda Ingenuity to a New Level
Honda has managed to invent a pickup truck that has the capacity you need without sacrificing the comfort you crave. They’ve accomplished this feat by paying attention to even the most minor details.
- They’ve added a lockable in-bed trunk so you don’t have to stash everyday essentials in the cab.
- There’s an available in-bed audio system to make tailgating even more of a party than it already is.
- The Ridgeline’s tailgate doesn’t just open down like other pickup trucks; it has a dual hinge to swing open to the side, making loading and unloading cargo a breeze.
- A new heated steering wheel is an option.
- Leather-trimmed seats are standard on some Ridgeline trims (a perfect amount of up-scale luxury that you wouldn’t expect to find in a hard-working pickup truck).
- A one-touch power moonroof is available on certain models.
- A 10-position power driver’s seat is standard on some models, along with a 4-position front passenger seat. You can even save your ideal driving position so you don’t have to fumble around with awkward levers and knobs.
- And if safety is a concern – isn’t it always? – know that the Ridgeline comes with Honda Sensing, which offers unmatched protection in the pickup truck class. Drive-assist technology like collision mitigation brakes, road departure mitigation, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keep assist are just a few features that come with the all-new Ridgeline.
It’s obvious that Honda’s engineers want you to be comfy and secure in your 2018 Ridgeline, but what about performance?
The 2018 Ridgeline is Built to Perform
With its 280-HP engine and 4-wheel independent suspension, the Honda Ridgeline is ready to tackle everything.
- Its unibody construction is lighter than past models, which means you’ll get better mileage (2WD models are rated for 26 mpg highway).
- Honda’s exclusive i-VTM4™ AWD uses an “intelligent traction system” handle whatever you come up against, whether that’s snow, mud, ice, or rain.
- Ridgeline models with AWD (which comes standard on the RTL-E and Black Editions, and available on other trim levels) include a standard integrated tow hitch with 7-pin connector, 262 pound-foot of torque, and the grit to tow up to 5,000 lbs.
The all-new Ridgeline is equal parts car and SUV, with a whole lot of “pickup” in its DNA, and that makes it the smart choice for just about anyone. Don’t wait until next season when the 2018 Ridgeline is available for sale and lease right now at our Dayton, OH Honda dealership! Browse our online selection of new trucks and cars for sale near Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, then call us at (937) 426-9564 to schedule a test drive or learn more about our numerous Honda specials.
Sources & Photos: