July 1, 2016
The summer golf season is in full swing (pardon the pun) in and around Gainesville with golfers hitting the links at many of the outstanding courses throughout the area. Regardless of your skill level, it’s a good idea to review some fundamentals that will help fine-tune your game. After all, there’s nothing more satisfying than hitting that long drive straight down the fairway or sinking that difficult putt that will leave your golfing buddies envious.
We here at your hometown Buick GMC dealer in Gainesville, Gainesville Buick GMC, came up with the following 4 valuable tips to help you fine-tune your game.
- Proper Alignment – Many players have a faulty alignment which affects every aspect of their swing. Golf is a game of consistency, and it all starts with proper alignment. There are three basic stances: square, closed, and open. To check your stance, pick a target and place the club along the line of your toes. Then see where the club is pointing. If the club points directly at, or to the right, of the target, your stance is closed. If it points to the left of the target, your stance is open. If the club points left, but parallel, to the target, this is called a square stance. Your hips, knees, and shoulders should be in line or parallel to your feet. The clubface should be square, or at a right angle, to the ball.
- Proper Golf Stance – Having a proper alignment is a prerequisite for achieving a proper stance as it points you in the correct direction. Your stance consists of the right width, the correct amount of knee flex, the angle of the feet, and overall posture. The first step is to measure the width of your shoulders using a club. Use this measurement to ensure that your feet are at least this wide apart for full shots. Avoid pointing your toes at too much of an angle. Your body weight should be 50/50 between your toes and heels, as well as your left and right foot. Too narrow or wide a stance will improperly shift your body weight and leave you off balance.
- Correct Distance To The Ball – Each of the clubs in your bag is a different length. This changes the distance between you and the ball during your setup. First, address the ball and lock your knees in place. Bend your knees slightly until the weight on your feet moves from the heel to the balls of your feet until it is balanced over the center. Take out the club you’ll be using and lower it to your front thigh. It should touch about an inch above your kneecap. Do this without flexing or straightening your leg. If you do, you’ll need to move your feet farther or closer to the ball.
- Proper Hand Position & Grip – Your hands at setup should reflect your impact position. To do so, point the butt end of the club at your front or left hip. If the club is too far forward or too far back, your strikes will be inconsistent. Correctly gripping the club is essential. It may at first seem awkward, but mastering a good grip will pay dividends. Place the club in the fingers of the left hand running from the middle of the index finger to the base of the little finger. Grip the club about a ½-inch from the top end of the club. You should only be able to see 2 ½ knuckles, creating what’s called a “neutral” position. Your left thumb and forefinger should point to your right shoulder in a “V” position.
Continue Reading →
May 16, 2016
Your dad and the new 2016 GMC Terrain Denali for sale in Gainesville at Gainesville Buick GMC have a lot in common. Your dad has always been a source of strength, confidence, and comfort. He’s a steady hand on the wheel when the road gets tough. He’s the ultimate road warrior, helping to smooth over the bumps and twists that life throws at you, so you feel safe and secure. He’s multi-faceted, multi-functional, and can carry a heavy load on his broad shoulders. He can entertain you, help you navigate to your destination, be the life of the party, and light the way even on the darkest nights.
Your dad is all these things and so much more. To put it simply, he’s the best. So this Father’s Day, why not give dad the best Father’s Day present ever by putting a new 2016 GMC Terrain Denali SUV in his driveway? After all, the Terrain and your dad were made for each other.
GMC’s Denali line of trucks and SUVs are the pinnacle of what it means to be “Professional Grade.” The Terrain Denali takes an already outstanding SUV and makes it better. In every aspect, from its unique sheet metal and deluxe luxury interior to its stellar performance and advanced safety features, the 2016 Terrain Denali stands out from all the rest, just like you dad.
Unique Exterior Styling
You can distinguish the Terrain Denali by its unique exterior treatments. It wears a bold new chrome latticework grille, unique front and rear fascia, satin chrome accents, and special body-color rocker panels with satin chrome molding. Additional designer touches specific to the Denali include exclusive 18″ and 19″ custom wheels, and integrated rear exhausts. The overall effect gives the Terrain Denali an enhanced sense of elegance and sophistication over the standard Terrain model.
The Denali version of the Terrain also features a convenient programmable power liftgate that can be open at the touch of a button. The liftgate’s opening height can also be adjusted, and there’s even an electronic obstacle detection function. Continue Reading →
May 2, 2016
Your friends at Gainesville Buick GMC, your local new and used Buick and GMC dealership in Gainesville, FL, invite you to celebrate Mother’s Day with us by participating in many of the exciting events this Mother’s Day weekend. We would love for you to take some time on this special day to spend with your mom and family for a great Mother’s day in the Gainesville area.
For this reason, we wanted to provide you with our best Mother’s Day recommendations. Mark your calendars now because you definitely don’t want to miss out on what could be your mom’s favorite Mother’s Day yet.
- Nothing is wrong with celebrating Mother’s Day a little bit early, especially when the event is filled with delicious local food from farmers and food entrepreneurs. This is exactly what you will get at the Eat Local Challenge Kick-Off and Local Food Fair at the Matheson History Museum. This event celebrates the month of May because it is Eat Local Month and it is the 9th annual Eat Local Challenge. The best part is, this is event is free and perfect for both adults and kids to enjoy excellent food, spring weather, and quality time together.
Continue Reading →
April 1, 2016
Distracted driving is one of the most overlooked dangers in our society today. Sure, we all see the texting and driving commercials all over the television, but do we ever actually pay attention, or better yet take them to heart? If you are like most Americans, the answer is probably no.
In a time where most people have constant access to nearly unlimited information, and every friend is just a few taps on the phone away, who can blame you for becoming distracted when driving?
The truth is that distracted driving is no joke. According to Distraction.Gov, in 2013, an astonishing 3,154 people were killed in accidents that involved distracted driving. The sad part about this figure is that it doesn’t even consider the approximately 424,000 additional people that were injured in distracted driving incidents. The more digging you do, the more it becomes clear that distracted driving is an epidemic that must be stopped.
Play Your Part, and Bring an End to Distracted Driving
Continue Reading →
March 1, 2016
All across the internet, you will find extensive lists of the expensive and labor intensive measures that one must take to maintain a clean car. Walk down the car care aisle at your local supermarket and you will feel that same sense of anxious inadequacy, as if not knowing what all of these products are for makes you a bad car owner.
Well rest assured people, most of these car detailing tips, procedures and products are unnecessary unless you plan on debuting your vehicle at the 2017 Detroit Auto show; although if your car is as stunning as the new 2016 GMC Acadia, then that might be a possibility.
We here at Gainesville Buick GMC take great pride in our vehicles, not only because of the unmatched quality of our inventory but also because of the extraordinary care that we put into getting each one of these vehicles ready for sale. That is why our Buick GMC dealership came up with this brief list of do-it-yourself detailing tips and products that will help you keep that new car shine for the long term.
Continue Reading →
February 1, 2016
While the 2016 Buick LaCrosse luxury 4-door sedan for sale in Gainesville continues to offer contemporary, streamlined styling, an opulently luxurious interior, excellent performance and handling, and the latest in high-tech wizardry, the all-new and completely redesigned 2017 LaCrosse from Buick adds a new dimension of sporty panache and accelerated driving pleasure. Competing against the Toyota Avalon, Acura TLX, Nissan Maxima, Hyundai Azera, and the Kia Cadenza, the LaCrosse fires a salvo across the bow of these luxury automobiles that says it’s ready to take on all comers.
The new 2017 Buick LaCrosse’s bold exterior styling takes its cue from Buick’s dramatic Avenir concept car that debuted at last year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit. As Kirk Bell, and editor with TheCarConnection.com explains, “It is most distinguished by a blackened and setback version of the Buick waterfall grille that is bisected by a chrome bar with a three-color version of the Buick logo. The grille surround is also chrome. Buick says this grille represents the new face of the brand.”
“As for the rest of the styling,” adds Bell, “the high point of the cabin has been pushed back and lowered 1.6 inches. The car is also longer, lower and wider, giving it the sleeker shape of a rear-drive sedan. However, the short gap between the front wheels and doors still indicates this is a front-drive platform. The signature ‘sweepspear’ body side element has been reimagined, now flowing lower to bisect the front door handles, and adding a second character line below the rise at the rear. Other details include LED daytime running lights and LED taillights.” Continue Reading →
January 1, 2016
Staying fit and healthy in 2016 are two goals many of us here in Gainesville want to take seriously. Eating better and having a more active lifestyle are two keys to creating a successful health and fitness plan for 2016.
Here at your hometown new and used car Buick GMC dealership in Gainesville, we want to help you achieve your New Year’s resolution to live a healthier lifestyle by providing you with some resources on how to do so. We put together a list of restaurants that serve healthy cuisine, as well as provided information on local fitness centers and other health resources here in Gainesville.
One of the best resources for health and fitness that we have available in our community is the University Of Florida Student Health Care Center (SHCC). The SHCC offers students and the general public a wealth of online information, such as a comprehensive online health encyclopedia, that can help you chart a course toward healthy living in 2016. Additionally, the “GatorWell” online Health Promotion Services provides many other valuable educational information to help promote good health and quality of life.
Gainesville Healthy Restaurant Guide
Whether you are a committed vegan, looking for gluten-free menu items, or just wanting to eat healthier, you’re in luck. Gainesville has many outstanding local restaurants that cater to a healthy lifestyle. Continue Reading →
December 1, 2015
The holidays are around the corner and your friends here at your local Gainesville Buick GMC dealership, Gainesville Buick GMC, want to make your holiday planning easier. That’s why we’re offering the following guide to the top festive holiday happening this December here in our community and the surrounding area.
The Snow Queen, Through Dec. 20 At The Hippodrome – This timeless classic comes alive on the Hipp’s stage in a new adaptation. The story revolved around two best friends, Kai and Gerda, and Gerda’s magical adventure to free her friend from the spell of the wicked Snow Queen.
Annual Homestead Holidays At The Historic Haile Homestead, Dec. 6 – Get into the holiday spirit as you stroll through this 1800s mansion. Interact with docents in period costumes, enjoy live holiday music, sip hot cider, and browse a variety of home-baked treats. The Mansion is decked out for the holidays with special decorations.
Annual Holiday Concert At The Thomas Center, Dec. 8 – The historic Thomas Center is the perfect setting for this wonderful evening of live entertainment. Enjoy holiday music from Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque and Modern music periods with audience participation.
Candlelight Visits At The Historic Haile Homestead, Dec. 11 – Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience the Haile Homestead at night. The Mansion will glow in soft candlelight as you enjoy live music, refreshments, and the mansion’s famous “Talking Walls.” Continue Reading →
November 1, 2015
Thanksgiving is always a very special time of the year when we celebrate family, friends, and the many blessings we have. Gathering around the Thanksgiving dinner table is a time-honored tradition that you simply want to get right. However, creating the perfect Thanksgiving meal for your family can be a bit intimidating, especially if you are not a real wizard in the kitchen.
Not to worry. Your friends here at your hometown Gainesville Buick GMC dealership, Gainesville Buick GMC, have you covered. We gathered the following 10 fantastic Thanksgiving recipes that are easy to prepare and will have your guests wanting more. Follow the link at the end of this article for the complete recipes. Enjoy!
- Dry-Cured Rosemary Turkey – You’ll achieve a wonderful, earthy flavor when you dry-cure your turkey in this special recipe of spices.
- Fresh Herb Turkey – This is a very simple and straightforward turkey recipe that results in a moist, juicy, and flavorful bird.
Continue Reading →
October 1, 2015
It’s that ghoulish time of year once again. All throughout Gainesville and surrounding communities, little ghosts and goblins are once again getting ready to have some spooky fun.
As parents, you want to make sure your kids know how to trick-or-treat safely. The last thing any parent wants is to experience the nightmare of an avoidable injury or accident to their child during this festive time of year.
As your hometown Buick GMC dealership in Gainesville, Florida, we here at Gainesville Buick GMC want to help make Gainesville a better place in which to live, work, and play. That’s we hope that the following 13 tips for a “S.A.F.E. H.A.L.L.O.W.E.E.N” will help make sure that Halloween 2015 in Gainesville will be the safest year ever.
Continue Reading →