Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about a few fun and creative ways to make sure that the special lady in your life knows just how loved and appreciated she really is. Cards, flowers, and pretty brunches are always cute and welcomed by all, but why not plan a new and unique adventure that will create lasting memories for both of you? Here are five awesome Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for taking mom out in the Gainesville area on her special day.
- Winery Picnic Date: Grab a few sandwiches, snacks, and your best blankets, and head on over to Bluefield Estate Winery to settle down for a cozy picnic in the sun followed by a wine tasting. Bluefield Estate hosts wine tastings from 12 pm to 6 pm on the weekends, and offers tastings of 4-8 different kinds of wine, so you’ll be sure to find something that mom will absolutely love.
- Paint and Sip: If your guest of honor is more artistic than outdoorsy and you still want to share a glass of wine or two, take a trip to Corks and Colors to play in their open studio! Their Sunday studio hours are 12 pm to 6 pm, and (lucky you) Mother’s Day lands on their $10 Bottomless Mimosa Sunday, so grab a glass, grab a piece of pottery or canvas, and create a one-of-a-kind work of art with mom.
- Escape Room: Nothing brings people together quite like having to escape an ancient temple or haunted house within a set time limit, so if mom enjoys puzzles, mysteries, and good old logical thinking, consider buying tickets to one of the escape rooms over at Mystery Bros. Escape Rooms. Their hours for Sundays are 1 pm to 9 pm, and the room themes are constantly changing throughout the calendar year, but all rooms require participants to work together to figure out exactly how to escape by completing tasks, puzzles, and searching for clues. This is a surefire way to get your hearts pumping and your minds racing!
- Cooking Class: Sure to please foodies and recreational cooks alike, sign up for a cooking class at The Fat Tuscan. The classes are intimate and offer a lot of personal interaction with the chef thanks to very small class sizes, so be sure to register as soon as possible to make sure that you reserve your spots. The Fat Tuscan is offering a full coursed Mother’s Day dinner class this year (menu to be announced shortly), and all classes include recipes and personal instruction, as well as being able to enjoy the finished products afterward
- Zip Lining: Since mothers have already lived through the thrills of raising children, this last idea may more intimidating to you than it is to your mother. She raised you, right? Regardless, adrenaline junkies of all levels will love flying around at Canyons Zip Line. Tour availability depends on the date and which package you choose, but the options include everything from 9 different zip lines and two rope bridges to a rappel and horseback riding. Fly through the air with mom and enjoy breathtaking views of some of the most beautiful, remote landscape near Ocala, Florida.
Get creative with your plans this Mother’s Day. While you’re exploring all that Gainesville has to offer, be sure to contact Gainesville Buick GMC at (352) 201-3583 to check out a few new rides, like the new Buick LaCrosse or GMC Acadia—both of which are sure to make your proud mama smile!
Sources & Photos: