It’s that time again. A time for marching bands, cheerleaders, and the raucous roar of rabid fans cheering on their favorite NFL, college, or high school teams.
And that can only mean one thing: It’s also time to clean off the portable grill, put on your game face, dust off your “we’re number one foam finger,” and get ready to throw the ultimate tailgating experience!
Whether you’re taking a road trip to Rentschler Field, traveling down to watch the Giants, or heading across town to support our own Branford Hornets, you’ll be the envy of the parking lot when you arrive in your Ford Escape, F-150, Expedition, Edge, or Fiesta hatchback from your friends here at Ford of Branford.
Here are 10 tailgating tips we put together to help make your next tailgate a winner:
- Get started by writing a complete list of everything you’ll need; from brats and beverages to blankets and charcoal briquettes. That way, you won’t forget anything.
- Clean out and protect your cargo area to avoid any spills or stains.
- Be sure and find out about the stadium’s policies on alcoholic beverages before you go. And remember to always drink responsibly!
- Pre-frozen water bottles are a great way to keep meat and other beverages cold, along with saving cooler space. You won’t have to lug ice-filled coolers and you’ll have plenty of cold water to drink when the bottles thaw.
- It’s a good idea to get to the stadium at least three-to-four hours before kickoff. Arriving early allows you to grab a primo spot, and have plenty of time to set-up and socialize before the game.
- Make your Ford stand out in a sea of cars by flying a flag or attaching an inflatable mascot to the roof. That will make it easier for your fellow tailgaters to find you.
- Invest in a rolling cart to easily transport non-perishable items like utensils, plastic cups, and plates. Afterwards, it’s a breeze to take inventory and restock for the next game.
- A handy way to make serving tasty burgers quick and simple: Keep your burgers under a quarter-inch thick so they’ll cook speedily. Freeze the patties between sheets of wax paper, and then cook for about four minutes per side on a pre-heated grill.
- Park close to an open or grassy area to give your group lots of room. But be polite and make sure you’re not taking up residence in someone else’s favorite spot.
- Finally, we all know how changeable the weather is here in Branford. But that doesn’t mean you have to cover up your team spirit. Check the forecast and pack appropriately. You can bring along umbrellas, scarves, gloves and even earmuffs in team colors so that everyone will always know who you’re rooting for.
Visit us at Ford of Branford for premium Ford parts and auto service. Whether you drive a new or pre-owned Ford, our expert staff will keep you on the road in tip-top shape. We’re located at 301 East Main Street, Branford, CT 05405. Give us a call at 888-591-0024 to schedule a service appointment. Happy tailgating!