Does your heart sink when you think of back to school time? We understand. With all the shopping and scheduling, preparing for the back-to-school period can get pretty draining. Whether you are getting things ready for the kids, or preparing for your trip back to campus, getting your Mazda ready is essential.
We know back-to-school time can get busy and car care is usually not at the top of your to-do list. We get it; keeping up with car maintenance can be pretty tedious. That’s why we came up with a list of simple car care tips to help make your car care process simpler. Also, you can save money on costly repairs by following these simple tips:
Most car problems start from under the hood. We suggest opening your Mazda’s hood and checking the following:
- Fluid levels – Get your engine oil, coolant, brake and power steering fluids inspected before hitting the road. Refer to your owner’s manual to find out where everything is located and the recommended levels to maintain.
- Battery – Is your battery more than three years old? The older your battery is, the more likely it is to fail. Be sure to get your battery cleaned and detailed to check for signs of wear and tear. The last thing you want is a dead battery in the carpool lane!
- Tires – Changes in temperature affect your tire pressure. Colder seasons are the hardest on your tires. Air pressure significantly decreases with every 10-degree change in temperature, it’s especially important to keep up with air pressure checks.
- Heating – If you are experiencing heating failure, it’s most likely because of a coolant leak or engine block. To find the root of the problem, get your heater hoses checked for signs of wear and tear.
- Brakes – During the busy school season everyone is in a rush to drop the kids off and get to work on time. Be sure to get your brake pads inspected for you and your family’s safety. If you notice unusual sounds or if your Mazda shakes while braking, this calls for immediate action.
We know getting ready for the school season can get hectic. When it comes to car care, you can count on Champion Mazda to take the load off your shoulders. Whether you drive a Mazda2, Mazda5 or Mazda6, our factory trained service experts got you covered. Visit us 765 Carlisle Street Hanover, PA 17331 or call 888 496 8223 to schedule a service appointment.