The snow is swirling and the holidays are in full swing. Christmas and New Year’s dinners and parties are the perfect places to make memories that will last a lifetime. A great party has festive decorations, a warm and cheerful atmosphere, and fabulous food, of course! We’ve gathered some of the tastiest mouth-watering recipes that are sure to make your Christmas party a hit. (For our fellow car enthusiasts, we’ve included something special in each section that will add a touch of automotive personality to your party.)
Everyone loves appetizers. Tempting little finger foods are a great way to start any soiree. These appetizer recipes are simple to prepare, but bursting with flavor.
- Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms. So, the name pretty much says it all–anything stuffed with bacon is bound to be tasty! These delicious mushroom caps are overflowing with a cream cheese, garlic, and bacon filling that will make you drool.
- Chicken Crescent Wreath.The wreath shape of this delightful appetizer makes it the perfect choice for the holiday season. Light and fluffy crescent rolls are stuffed with chicken, cheese, onions, and peppers to create a satisfying snack.
- Christmas Party Pinwheels. This fabulous recipe is time-saving and produces some incredibly yummy food. These colorful pinwheels can be made ahead of time and the combination of fresh veggies, cream cheese, and ranch dressing adds a fantastic vegetarian selection to your party.
For the car enthusiast:
- Christmas Nuts N Bolts. No one knows their way around nuts and bolts better than the car enthusiast. Trade your greasy car parts for a tastier variety–pretzels, crunchy cereal, miniature crackers, and Bugles coated with a zesty garlic seasoning. Serve your snack mix in a novelty tire bowl for added effect!
Holiday Drink Recipes
Delightful drinks are a fabulous addition to any Christmas party. These drinks embrace the flavors of the season and pair perfectly with appetizers, desserts, or the main course. We’ve compiled a list of family-friendly drinks and adult-only options to please everyone at your party. (Note: For those of you drinking alcohol, please remember to never drink and drive. Always assign a designated driver or call a Lyft if you’ve been drinking. We want everyone to enjoy a safe holiday!)
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider. Apples, cinnamon, and caramel are combined in a delightful drink that warms the body and soul on a cold winter day. A slow cooker keeps this tasty treat warm–top a brimming glass with fresh whipped cream drizzled with caramel syrup for an extra festive look.
- Grinch Punch. It’s virtually impossible not to love that green, grumpy, antagonist-turned-hero, The Grinch. After all, his heart grew threesizes in one day–that’s pretty impressive. Little ones (and kids at heart) will love this frothy, Grinch-inspired drink. Evaporated milk, almond extract, lemon-lime soda, and vanilla ice cream make this bubbly drink a sweet addition to any party.
- White Chocolate Brandy Alexander. White chocolate, vanilla, brandy, and creme de cacao create a sweet sip of good cheer on a snowy day. Complete this drink with whipped cream topped with white chocolate shavings.
- Maids-a-Milking Shakes. This one is really a toss-up between a drink and a dessert. Another kid-pleaser, these minty shakes boast plenty of vanilla ice cream paired with mint Oreos and whipped cream. Yum!
- Raspberry Truffle Cocktail. While the kids sip their hot cocoa, their parents can enjoy this adults-only version. This decadent spin on traditional hot cocoa features chocolate milk, vodka, and raspberry liqueur.
- Traditional Christmas Eggnog. A Christmas party just isn’t complete without eggnog. This classic drink is rich with heavy cream, eggs, cognac, bourbon, rum, sugar, and nutmeg.
For the car enthusiast:
- Show off your love of cars by serving your delicious drinks in vintage car glasses and mugs.
Decadent Christmas Entrees
Even with all the appetizers, drinks, and desserts, you still need a great main course for your guests. These entrees are classic choices for the holidays, and a mouth-watering meatless option is sure to please vegetarian guests.
- Herb and Lemon Roast Chicken. This fragrant roast chicken is simple to prepare and its classic flavors are sure to please even the pickiest of palates. Cloves, rosemary, thyme, and lemon zest pair perfectly with chicken.
- Turkey Breast with Mustard Sage Crumbs. Dress your turkey up in something special this Christmas. Breadcrumbs seasoned with mustard and sage add a deliciously crispy coating to this juicy turkey.
- Perfect Glazed Ham. Ham is a classic Christmas dish. A great glaze can make all the difference, adding fantastic flavor to any ham. This glaze combines cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard for a sweet and savory taste. Complete your serving dish with sliced apples and fresh thyme.
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan. Vegetarians will appreciate this meatless option. Flavorful eggplant slices are dipped in crispy breadcrumbs, smothered with zesty marinara, and baked with bubbly, melting mozzarella.
For the car enthusiast:
- Combine your love for cars with holiday décor by adding novelty salt and pepper shakersto the dinner table, which feature a vintage red pickup truck carrying a Christmas tree in the bed.
Indulgent Holiday Desserts
It’s no secret that dessert is usually the favorite part of any Christmas dinner. Wrap up your Christmas party with these decadent sweet treats.
- Spiced Chocolate Cheesecake. This rich dessert pairs classic sugar cookie crust and a smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake–with a kick. Ancho chili pepper powder adds a warm and spicy touch to the chocolate. Topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, this cake is sure to please.
- Individual Candy Cane Dessert Cups.Make your guests feel extra special with individual desserts. These cups are layered like a trifle but in a single serving cup. Layers of sugar cookie and peppermint whipped cream create a light, fluffy holiday treat. Top each cup with crushed peppermint candies for a festive touch.
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs. These bite-sized confections are bursting with holiday flavor. Almond extract and candied cherries blend beautifully in tiny snowball cookies topped with a drizzle of dark chocolate.
For the car enthusiast:
- Christmas Tree Truck Cookies. You won’t believe this, but you can make holiday cookies that match those adorable vintage truck and Christmas tree salt and pepper shakers! Use the matching cookie cutterand create beautifully decorated cookies to make any car lover proud.
Christmas parties are fabulous places to catch up with friends and family, and these recipes offer some great ideas for appetizers, drinks, main courses, and desserts to enhance any festive party this season. But the best recipe for the holiday can be found at our Land Rover Roanoke dealership! We have incredible holiday deals on new Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and many other used cars for sale in Roanoke, VA. Perfect gifts for you or your loved ones, our new and used vehicles are ready to celebrate the season in your Roanoke driveways and garages.
Contact us at (540) 344-6284 or take a trip to our Roanoke Land Rover dealership at 5000 Franklin Road SW to test drive one of our vehicles. We wish you a very cheerful holiday!
Sources & Photos: