Need something to do this winter or spring? No worries—The Berglund Center in Roanoke, VA, has more than enough to keep you entertained. Whether you want to amp up a weekend with your BFF or have to keep the kids occupied for an afternoon, we’ve got you covered. Check out these great Roanoke events that are running through May 2018.
Best Roanoke Events in Winter
- The Buddy Holly Story (Feb 3rd) – American rock and roll star Buddy Holly left us too soon, but his story is one for the record books. Follow along on his journey from the Great Depression to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame when the 27th Buddy Holly Story comes to Berglund Center this February. Click here for event and ticket information.
- Roanoke Boat Show (Feb 23rd-25th) – It’s no car cruise-in, but this year’s Roanoke Boat Show should be full of enough (sea)horsepower to thrill all of us at our Roanoke car dealerships. Now in its 44th year, this water vessel showcase will give you ample opportunity to browse products, compare features, and discuss models with other boating enthusiasts. Berglund Center expects to see the largest crowd ever, so visit roanokeboatshow.com for event details.
- Lewis Black (March 3rd) – This stand-up comedian has won numerous Grammys, comedy awards, and the right to yell at just about anyone with his finger outstretched. As a Daily Show ex-regular whose material covers everything from politics to history to everyday life, Lewis Black is setting his sights on you, Roanoke. Ticket prices start at just $39, so grab a pair (or baker’s dozen) now at The Berglund Center site.
Spring Berglund Center Events
- The Wizard of Oz (March 20th) – What better way to welcome spring in Roanoke than with a heartwarming musical rendition of the Judy Garland classic The Wizard of Oz? All your favorite characters, like the Cowardly Lion and Toto, will be marching down the Yellow Brick Road when The Berglund Center stage transforms into Kansas. Buy your tickets early before they’re all swept up.
- 25th PBR Velocity Tour (April 13-14th) – Over the course of these two nights, the world’s best bull riders will be bucking beastly bovines at Roanoke’s Berglund Center. Organized by the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) association, this Velocity Tour will keep even your kiddos on their toes. Read more about this Roanoke event and grab tickets
- The Illusionists (May 8th) – Whether you call them magic tricks or illusions, they’re mesmerizing—especially when performed by any of the five Illusionists stars. Think you can spot the sleights of hand that makes their tricks/illusions work? Now’s your chance as The Illusionists bring their Broadway show to The Berglund Center in Roanoke this spring. Buy tickets online to get the best seats.
- PAW Patrol Live! (May 22nd-23rd) – Are your little ones ready for summer? Have them join their favorite canines from PAW Patrol for some swashbuckling escapades. At “The Great Pirate Adventure,” everyone is invited to sing, dance, and walk the plank before digging up long-lost treasures. Ticket prices start at $21 and can be purchased through The Berglund Center website.
To say that The Berglund Center has something for everyone in 2018 is an understatement. Hosting family-friendly musicals and high-energy concerts, Roanoke’s best event center is worth a visit this winter or spring—or just about any season.
If you need a new vehicle or repairs, any one of our Roanoke car dealerships is worth a visit, too. We have a great assortment of the newest models on the road, affordable used cars, and discounted auto service coupons. Contact us to obtain a quote or discuss your financing options, and enjoy your 2018!
Sources & Photos: